Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Palacio to score @ 3.15

Big odds as Inter chase the game.

Small bit on Cassano too @ 3.95

great call,,:D

WOW

Inter 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Lazio and Chelsea double @ 2/1 .. I'd say that's it for a while unless I win :pac: ... Not too sure about backing a team with a 2 goal lead but they won 2-0 away and are at home this time aroun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Newcastle very strong lately at home with the corner count - (-1) @ 10/11 tonight
    New 7 Southampton 3
    New 14 Stoke 4
    New 5 Mentalist 5
    New 5 Chelsea 4
    New 6 Reading 2

Newcastle over 5 corners @ 5/6 - a bit of that too

Just remembered Mata is playing and its been a while .... Taking Mata anytime .... Why do I do this to myself?

Radonman wrote: »
    Newcastle very strong lately at home with the corner count - (-1) @ 10/11 tonight
    New 7 Southampton 3
    New 14 Stoke 4
    New 5 Mentalist 5
    New 5 Chelsea 4
    New 6 Reading 2

Bet looks Fuked already :(

FatRat wrote: »
    Just remembered Mata is playing and its been a while .... Taking Mata anytime .... Why do I do this to myself?

Thats why :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest
    Steaua Bucharest corners over 3.5 11/10
    Mata anytime 6/5

double boom :D:D:D

both in before half time :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Bordeaux vs Benfica @ 1.57

Game of the year for Bordeaux, they rested almost their entire team at the weekend cuz of this game. Unlike the other French teams, Bordeaux take the Europa League VERY seriously, the players and manager all think they have a chance of qualifying, they actually had more shots on target than Benfica in Portugal. If they concede a goal, they'd have to score 3, so they'll be cautious. Bordeaux usually do well against big teams and PSG only won 1-0 there.

I'd go pretty big on this if I hadn't reached my weekly limit on Bwin :( really can't see this bet fail unless Benfica get an early goal.

****, sorry if anyone followed. Benfica scored from the only 2 real chances they had...

****, sorry if anyone followed. Benfica scored from the only 2 real chances they had...

Almost .... but they were much too short for my liking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    treble of

chelsea to qualify
    benfica to qualify
    Newcastle Asian handicap +0.0

at 2.95

medium stake

pleased with this treble...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

mrdmb wrote: »
    pleased with this treble...:rolleyes:

Why the :rolleyes:?

should be more of :eek::cool::eek::D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Why the :rolleyes:?

should be more of :eek::cool::eek::D;)

yeah..i guess so..lol....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Newcastle v Anzhi
    Manager Alan Pardew stressed the importance of beating Stoke at the weekend to ensure he could play the strongest possible team for the visit of Anzhi with the tie delicately poised at 0-0. The first leg was low on chances on what was a difficult pitch with Newcastle defending outstandingly. The onus is now on them to try win the tie at home.
    Newcastle's form has improved dramatically with their late splurge in the January transfer window and the return from injury of key personnel.
    They have won four of their last 6 league games and their last 3 at St. James Park, where they are unbeaten in their 5 games in this season's competition, winning 3 and drawing two. Anzhi were beaten twice on their travels in the group stages, including the last Premier League outfit they faced where they went down 1-0 to Liverpool in the group stages. It was a late late goal form Traore last time at Hannover that salvaged a draw for them. They also lost at the weekend in the Russian league.
    With the feel good factor around St. James at the moment and taking into account their home record I'm going to back Newcastle to win at generous odds of 29/20.
    I also recommend backing Cabaye to find the net anytime. He has found the net in his last two home games and with his lethal set piece skills he'll be sure to test the Anzhi keeper.
    Newcastle to win 29/20
    Cabaye anytime 7/2

Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest
    Chelsea can take huge encouragement from their comeback against Man Utd at the weekend. Recovering from 2 goals down at half time the Blues came away from the game feeling they should have won. With a game against a West ham side who don't travel well at the weekend (lost 7 of last 9 away) I expect rafa will play as strong a team as possible to try and over turn the one goal deficit.
    Steaua offered very little threat in play in the 1st leg and got their only goal from the penalty spot. With that in mind and the threat Chelsea have going forward I'm backing them to turn this tie around. Chelsea (-1) at 10/11 looks a good price.
    After coming on as a sub and starting the comeback with an excellent strike I'm also backing Hazard to find the net here. He should be that bit fresher having only played 40mins at the weekend. It was Hazard's strike in their last home game against Sparta Prague that booked their place in the round of 16.
    Chelsea -1 10/11
    Hazard anytime 2/1

Inter Milan v Tottenham
    As you seen with Bayern Munich tonight complacency is Spurs' only enemy to progressing in this tie. I think the 5/4 for Inter to salvage some pride is a decent pride. They are far better at home. With key man Gareth Bale suspended and a tricky looking game against Fulham at the weekend so they will want their key men refreshed for that as they push for a Champions League place so I can see some of their squad players getting a run out.
    Inter win 5/4

Last 2 days losses wiped out and then some with that treble.... Delighted to be winning again, roll on the weekend :D:D:D

Lazio and Chelsea double come in... Good night for most I take it? Especially thanks to that late Newcastle equaliser :)

Radonman wrote: »
    New 7 Southampton 3
    New 14 Stoke 4
    New 5 Mentalist 5
    New 5 Chelsea 4
    New 6 Reading 2

Hope no one followed this load of crap - Newcastle got 2 corners, the first one in the 84th min !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

FatRat wrote: »
    Lazio and Chelsea double come in... Good night for most I take it? Especially thanks to that late Newcastle equaliser :)

equaliser? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Just have a feeling Torres will score a couple tonight, nibble on Torres to score 2 or more at 4/1

And Anzhi to qualify @8/11 PP

:mad:i actually done anzhi double chance instead

And Toress:rolleyes:
    I feel robbed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shane St. wrote: »
    Last 2 days losses wiped out and then some with that treble.... Delighted to be winning again, roll on the weekend :D:D:D

Gah, I was tempted to follow, to the extent I had all selections made. Then I though given the run of bad luck I was on, doing a triple to break it was a bad idea :(

Still, Chelsea to qualify in 90 came in, so hopefully that puts an end to my bad run since Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

GK1001 wrote: »
    Back in the game after a good few days on Cheltenham (and I know nothing about horses:D)

Tonight going for a trixie on Rubin/Newcastle/Chelsea , main concern being Newcastle but they are a very good price

And going large on Chelsea -1, can't see this not coming in, I actually talked myself off -2 aswell after what we will know forever more as the Bayern fiasco

Great way to go into the weekend and delighted I talked myself out of that -2... Could've been a huge night if Rubin hadn't have ****ed around wih levante but I'll take what I'm given and be happy the big one came in

On another note its a killer trying to turnover the bonus stake on bet365. I thought it was just 3 times the bonus but its actually 3 times the bonus stake and the original deposit, so I have to place 1200 with them before I can withdraw any winnings. This is due to a bad start but man it's some period they have you tied into:rolleyes:

Rubin @ 2.60 to qualify vs Chelsea, pretty generous odds.

Barcelona @ 1.80 to beat PSG too :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Odds drifted on pool I see

Puts me off now. Think I'll just go for villas Ben to score

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Hi All - long time lurker...

Tonight I'm on:

FC Copenhagen @ 5/11 . Unbeaten in 15 games and have won their last 11 games. 11 wins and 1 draw at home this season with 34 goals scored and only 7 conceded with 6 clean sheets. Based on that alone I think they should prove too strong for AC Horsens who lie in the bottom half of the table.

Cork City @ 4/5 . After a stalemate against Limerick last week I expect City to bounce back with three points against a relatively unproven Bohs side. Cork have looked good preseason and have had a strong Setanta cup and are at full strength tonight.

All odds from Betfair exchange

Welcome MrMischief and good luck

Cork City(D----) V Bohemians(W----) - 19:45 LOI Premier League.

I underestimated Limerick at home against Cork last week, this plus the weather ensured a loss for me, but its about long term aye?

Just about all of Cork's injury troubles have cleared up now with only Brian Lenihan looking likely to miss the game, I'd like to think they can return to their free scoring pre-season form at home tonight. They've been somewhat criticized on the forums for playing a single No.9 with support from each wing, but I think that may be effective tonight if played against Boh's who have already conceded 3 at home against UCD who were tipped pre season to be fighting off last spot.

Boh's have some injuries worries travelling down, Stephen Paisley has been ill over the past few days, Kevin Devaney is nursing a knock on his ankle and Dave Scully has a back strain, they all look to be assessed before kick off. this and the added fact Boh's had an extra game midweek looks to put them initially at a disadvantage.

I'd partly ignore last years results, 2 draws, but its a much improved Cork side this season.

Weather is good in Cork right now, with a 30% chance of rain for the day and a light breeze around I'd hope that it wont have any impact on the game at all and Cork can keep the ball on the deck and play their passing game.

Tentative picks, as I haven't seen the odds yet, cant access them till later :

Cork win 6/10 ( I expect this to be around 1.80 - 1.95)
    Cork win & over 2.5 2/10 ( This really depends on the odds, wouldn't take it for anything less than 3.00, Cork haven't conceded at home in less than 6 games)

Other Picks
    Limerick Double Chance if over 2.00
    Cobh Ramblers Double Chance if over 2.00 edit, forget about this, reading reports that Cobh players having difficulty travelling to the game, thats a good 5 - 6 hour spin from Cork, no bet.

Also like Dundalk to beat Shels comfortably

Good luck with your bets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Are Marseille a good price tonight at 9/20? Ajaccio missing 6 thru injury and syuspension according to soccerway?

Marseille/Copenhagen double at 1.9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Going on Deportivo la Coruna v Celta Vigo BTTS tonight @ 4/6, bottom of the table relegation scrap and BTTS comes in a lot with celta Vigo. Gonna throw it in a treble with Madrid -2 and Villa v QPR BTTS for the weekend too. Cheltenham just saved my ass with a treble after Bayern let me down mid week so back in the game for the weekend.

edit: Think Wolfsburg v Dusseldorf has good chance of BTTS tonight also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Thinking of doing Real, Barca, Dortmund, bayern all to progress in their champions league games. Price is 2.69 on bet365. Is there a better price to be found?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Looking at a Marseille, Wolfsburg and Braga treble.... thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Heya

Total newbie to betting here. Got a €20 free bet which I've used a couple of times at Cheltenham with varying success and, somehow am back at €20 (having risen to the lofty heights of €30 at one stage!! :p)

At this stage, I just want to win something and take out my free money! (Can't withdraw the €20 for some reason 'cause it's still counted as a free bet - but once I go above it, I can withdraw.)

I'd really appreciate any recommendations on a game this evening. I wouldn't even be particularly interested in goals scored or anything - just a simple win.

Thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Keano! wrote: »
    Looking at a Marseille, Wolfsburg and Braga treble.... thoughts?

Fortuna Dusseldorf were pretty good against Bayern in the last game, and they're fighting for their lives so should have a good performance against Wolfsburg tonight.
    Wolfsburg are very inconsistent and their home form isn't the great.
    Would avoid them.

Also Ajaccio and Marseille are both very tight teams, always draw or winning by one goal.
    I'd only back Marseille if the price was right .
    9/20 is too short for me.

Braga could do alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Thinking of doing Real, Barca, Dortmund, bayern all to progress in their champions league games. Price is 2.69 on bet365. Is there a better price to be found?

I was just looking at this this morning, if you do Dortmund, Barca and Real to qualify and just pick Bayerm to win the 1st leg it's working out at 2/1.

Heya

Total newbie to betting here. Got a €20 free bet which I've used a couple of times at Cheltenham with varying success and, somehow am back at €20 (having risen to the lofty heights of €30 at one stage!! :p)

At this stage, I just want to win something and take out my free money! (Can't withdraw the €20 for some reason 'cause it's still counted as a free bet - but once I go above it, I can withdraw.)

I'd really appreciate any recommendations on a game this evening. I wouldn't even be particularly interested in goals scored or anything - just a simple win.

Thanks!!
    wait until tomorrow mate. More games and more tips here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Tomorrow Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (3PM),,,

Brunt joined Bristol Rovers on 22/01/13. His first home game was against Barnet.

AawXr8h.png

Brunt Anytime @ 3.20 (Paddy Power)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

eh i dunno wrote: »
    wait until tomorrow mate. More games and more tips here

Cheers. I ended up putting it on Shelbourne to be ahead both halves over Dundalk. So far so good!

Cork City(D----) V Bohemians(W----) - 19:45 LOI Premier League.

I underestimated Limerick at home against Cork last week, this plus the weather ensured a loss for me, but its about long term aye?

Just about all of Cork's injury troubles have cleared up now with only Brian Lenihan looking likely to miss the game, I'd like to think they can return to their free scoring pre-season form at home tonight. They've been somewhat criticized on the forums for playing a single No.9 with support from each wing, but I think that may be effective tonight if played against Boh's who have already conceded 3 at home against UCD who were tipped pre season to be fighting off last spot.

Boh's have some injuries worries travelling down, Stephen Paisley has been ill over the past few days, Kevin Devaney is nursing a knock on his ankle and Dave Scully has a back strain, they all look to be assessed before kick off. this and the added fact Boh's had an extra game midweek looks to put them initially at a disadvantage.

I'd partly ignore last years results, 2 draws, but its a much improved Cork side this season.

Weather is good in Cork right now, with a 30% chance of rain for the day and a light breeze around I'd hope that it wont have any impact on the game at all and Cork can keep the ball on the deck and play their passing game.

Tentative picks, as I haven't seen the odds yet, cant access them till later :

Cork win 6/10 ( I expect this to be around 1.80 - 1.95)
    Cork win & over 2.5 2/10 ( This really depends on the odds, wouldn't take it for anything less than 3.00, Cork haven't conceded at home in less than 6 games)

Other Picks
    Limerick Double Chance if over 2.00
    Cobh Ramblers Double Chance if over 2.00 edit, forget about this, reading reports that Cobh players having difficulty travelling to the game, thats a good 5 - 6 hour spin from Cork, no bet.

Also like Dundalk to beat Shels comfortably

Good luck with your bets

Cork 2-1 both picks win,

Limerick draw, double chance win

MrMischief wrote: »
    Hi All - long time lurker...

Tonight I'm on:

FC Copenhagen @ 5/11 . Unbeaten in 15 games and have won their last 11 games. 11 wins and 1 draw at home this season with 34 goals scored and only 7 conceded with 6 clean sheets. Based on that alone I think they should prove too strong for AC Horsens who lie in the bottom half of the table.

Cork City @ 4/5 . After a stalemate against Limerick last week I expect City to bounce back with three points against a relatively unproven Bohs side. Cork have looked good preseason and have had a strong Setanta cup and are at full strength tonight.

All odds from Betfair exchange

Both came from behind to win so no complaints there...off to study the stats with a glass of wine whilst the lady watches Turbridy :)

thought Cork was going to be the coupon buster after going 1 down :pac:

magherakid wrote: »
    thought Cork was going to be the coupon buster after going 1 down :pac:
    Same as, thought it was night over

Not!

All premier division games went over 2.5

• Advertisement

On a side note...Mansfield Town in the BSP have won me a fortune (well a tidy profit) over the last few weeks and won again tonight away to Forest Green. They must be the in-form team in the UK at the moment but I might steer clear of them as the play Wrexham (2nd) in a 6 pointer on Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Sissoko to make 4 or more tackles @ 25/1 seems to be great value!. Trying to find stats at the moment, couldn't find stats from my 5 mins of research so far.

Cork 2-1 both picks win,

Limerick draw, double chance win

And Dundalk 3-1, cobh get pulled apart,

F*ckin perfect night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Going on Deportivo la Coruna v Celta Vigo BTTS tonight @ 4/6, bottom of the table relegation scrap and BTTS comes in a lot with celta Vigo. Gonna throw it in a treble with Madrid -2 and Villa v QPR BTTS for the weekend too. Cheltenham just saved my ass with a treble after Bayern let me down mid week so back in the game for the weekend.

edit: Think Wolfsburg v Dusseldorf has good chance of BTTS tonight also.

Both btts in door. Was a bit worried about Celta Vigo having a man sent off so early but they sorted it. Sets up nicely for night with singles. Trebles and accums on for tomorrow. Happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

cup of tea wrote: »
    Sissoko to make 4 or more tackles @ 25/1 seems to be great value!. Trying to find stats at the moment, couldn't find stats from my 5 mins of research so far.
    `
    Where would one jump on such a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Where are you getting this offer from?

You can bet on tackles :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Is Lucas not top of the tackling stats with 2.9 per game or something like that? With Sissoko playing further forward would you not be better off lumping the same stake on a double/treble? Just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

You can bet on tackles :eek::eek:

I don't know what this even means...

Is it number of?

• Advertisement

tinodz wrote: »

I don't know what this even means...

Is it number of?
    surely means number of fouls

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement