Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Small singles:

Lisandro (Lyon) 1st goalscorer @ 5.50
    Thauvin (Bastia) anytime @ 7.00
    Khazri (Bastia) anytime @ 5.00

Thauvin is Bastia's best player and always tries to dribble past defenders and score on his own, while Khazri is kinda like that too and is good at free kicks. If Bastia score I expect the goal(s) to come from one of those 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dutch picks for tonight:

Heerenveen to score 2+ @2.1 (Finbogasson @1.95)
    VVV to win @2.4 (Heracles missing 2 important player through suspension and 2 others injured)
    Vitesse to win @2.1

Not really convinced myself on them but it is the best i could come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Surely AC Milan -1 @ 10/11 tomorrow night is max bet material?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Need Suarez anytime doesn't look like it today:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

One last bet today. Man U -1 and Real -1 double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Benteke anytime 11/10 for me

lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Iv also gone for the old reliable of over 11 corners in the pool game

get the **** in

old reliable usually never lets us down

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Disaster of a day with Doncaster & Suarez :( oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Tomorrow Bristol Rovers vs Rochdale (3PM),,,

Brunt joined Bristol Rovers on 22/01/13. His first home game was against Barnet.

AawXr8h.png

Brunt Anytime @ 3.20 (Paddy Power)

Felt this had a great chance. 2-1 FT, but no Brunt goal :o

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Double of Celtic-1 10/11 and Bristol Rovers dnb 4/7

somehow this nearly came good with celtic coming from 3-1 down to win 4-3

Over 3.5 in Mosta vs Hibernians should come in easily ;)

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/malta/premier-league/mosta-fc-hibernians-1591782/#over-under;2

the odds have dropped from 1.97 to 1.44

Boom! I swear there's at least one fixed game per week in Malta :D
    Small singles:

Lisandro (Lyon) 1st goalscorer @ 5.50
    Thauvin (Bastia) anytime @ 7.00

Thauvin is Bastia's best player and always tries to dribble past defenders and score on his own, while Khazri is kinda like that too and is good at free kicks. If Bastia score I expect the goal(s) to come from one of those 2.

Thauvin!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Very poor day thanks to Liverpool and Doncaster. That Powers enhanced special went well anyway :rolleyes: :pac:

One day I'll learn to stop being tempted by decent Liverpool prices.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bet on Liverpool, they lose.

Bet against Liverpool, they win.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

So, something is happening with the odds for the Getafe match. They drifted like crazy just before kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Trying to break even for the day with a treble of Getafe, Man Utd & Real Madrid @ 2.48

• Advertisement

Gone for man utd win and under 3.5 goals @ 11/8

Reading seem to have a defensive lineup and utd havent clicked in along time so I think its a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Time of 1st Man Utd goal before 30mins 5/6
    Very attacking Man Utd team plenty of goals in the team

Get in!!!!!!!! Superb goal :D

Get in!!!!!!!! Superb goal :D

Remember some time back you nearly giving up ;)

magherakid wrote: »
    Time of 1st Man Utd goal before 30mins 5/6
    Very attacking Man Utd team plenty of goals in the team

boom :D

• Advertisement

I apologize for posting a non football pick but some of you might find this interesting.

Hainaut to win @ ~3.00 (French women's volleyball)

I noticed that there was a huge drop in odds on Hainaut, so I did a lil bit of research... Hainaut have no choice but to win this game or else they'll be relegated. Their opponents are guaranteed to finish in the top 4 and don't have much to play for from what I'm reading. Beware of the French mentality of choking though.. this is the game of the season for Hainaut.

Real Madrid v Mallorca
    Time of 1st Real Madrid goal before 30mins 5/6

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Real Madrid v Mallorca

Good call.

What site do you use for the time of first goal bets?

Real Madrid v Mallorca

simples :D

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Good call.

What site do you use for the time of first goal bets?

Real and Barca normally score early when playing at home or at least in the first half

Sorry bet365

Gone for man utd win and under 3.5 goals @ 11/8

Reading seem to have a defensive lineup and utd havent clicked in along time so I think its a good bet

Boom. Just shows how poor this utd team is tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »

Everton v Man City
    I'm liking the price on the draw here. Yes Man City have started to play with confidence since the near fatal defeat to Southampton and Everton are coming off the back of a hugely disappointing home loss in the FA Cup to Wigan. While they were hugely impressive in beating Chelsea, their other two big wins were against lower league sides and they only scraped by Aston Villa thanks to a howler from Ciaran Clark.
    Everton's home league form is very good. Only Chelsea have come away with 3 points this season and that game was a freak result as Everton should have been out of sight only for some wayward finishing. Man Utd and Spurs have both come to Goodison and been beaten. It should also be noted that this is a fixture that Man City have struggled in. City have only won one of the last 7 meetings between the sides, while David Moyes' men have come out on top in the last 3 meetings at Goodison. I think Moyes will get a response to the Wigan defeat and Everton's good record against City will continue.
    Draw 5/2
    Aston Villa v Q.P.R.
    A massive game at the bottom with Villa sitting 3 points clear of 18th place Wigan and just a further point clear of QPR. It is a really tough game to call as QPR are coming off the back of 2 straight league wins. Having been so negative all season, I was really impressed with how QPR took the game to Sunderland and they deserved the win. Villa will be confident too, having secured a huge win at Reading. It's hard to make a case for either of these sides though. Villa have lost 5 of the last 6 at home, whereas QPR have fared slightly better taking 7 points from a possible 12 on the road. I'd just have QPR as slight favorites as they seem better run defensively and they have a genuine goal threat in Remy. I tipped him to find the net last weekend (along with Benteke) and I'll back him to make it 4 goals from 5 league starts.
    QPR win 23/10
    Remy anytime 7/4

Man United v Reading
    United looked jaded in the 2nd half against Chelsea and I think we might see quite a few changes here. I think the team will be similar to the one which played the FA Cup 5th round tie where United ran out 2-1 winners. I'm going to do the same bets I did that night (which all came in)
    Hernandez 1st goalscorer 3/1 - Expect him to be on the end of most chances leading the line. Scored in the FA Cup game.
    Utd to win by a goal 9/2 - Don't have the stat off hand, but nearly 2/3s of United's wins this season have been by a one goal margin. They have won both games against Reading by a goal margin this season.

Premier League 17th March

If i'd have seen the City team before hand wudnt have touched that... Still the 9/2 was a great price, happens so often :D came out small winner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boom. Just shows how poor this utd team is tbh

Even as a United fan, I'm shocked that the team is 15 points clear in the league...

Even as a United fan, I'm shocked that the team is 15 points clear in the league...

Poor league this season tbh

Are the bookies open 2mrw lads??

• Advertisement

Odds were **** indeed Headshot but you only had to wait 9 minutes for it to come in: Bony/Vitesse 1-0 up

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭BaneV26

Not 100% sure, but they were definitely open last Paddy's Day so I would assume it is the same this year.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    One last bet today. Man U -1 and Real -1 double
    went to pick my nose earlier and poked my eye. Disaster of a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

I apologize for posting a non football pick but some of you might find this interesting.

I noticed that there was a huge drop in odds on Hainaut, so I did a lil bit of research... Hainaut have no choice but to win this game or else they'll be relegated. Their opponents are guaranteed to finish in the top 4 and don't have much to play for from what I'm reading. Beware of the French mentality of choking though.. this is the game of the season for Hainaut.

whats happening in this game....score awaiting updates in the 3rd set for the last half an hour..?

inforfun wrote: »
    Dutch picks for tonight:

Heerenveen to score 2+ @2.1 (Finbogasson @1.95)
    VVV to win @2.4 (Heracles missing 2 important player through suspension and 2 others injured)
    Vitesse to win @2.1

Not really convinced myself on them but it is the best i could come up with.

With Vitesse 3-0 up that one should be in.
    Stupid bet on VVV, they are awful
    Heerenveen an Finbogasson did the business as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Falconno4 wrote: »
    Anyone ?
    Of course they are.

Hainaut won!! :D

yes...i had a large stake on it..thx..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Falconno4 wrote: »

Anyone ?
    Always open paddys day

Paddys day has often been a day of cheltenham

Easter sunday a different story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Pachua and Tijuana both strong at home so gonna do a late night Mexican double.

2.38/1

Been a **** enough day tiny winner but lots of losers... had it in a double a few posts back with Suarez wincast but just gonna do a single on the Bale wincast
    As i said in the earlier post Fulham are poor travellers and Bale is in great form and will be a bit fresher having missed the Europa League game. Lennon might be back too which will make a huge difference

Worth a small stake:

Jozy Altidore to score 2 or more @6.5

It is AZ - Ajax today, 3rd time they meet this season. For the league it ended 2-2 and for the cup AZ won 3-0
    Altidore scored 2 in both those matches.

Bale/Balotelli/Altidore all to score 2 or more @104

I see no reason that one not coming in.

Flashscore shows that they lost 3-2

mrdmb wrote: »

Dont know which flashscore you use but mine says:

haiqw.jpg

Bet not settled yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions
    Brøndby IF v FC Midtjylland
    Brøndby IF: Tørnes (22/0 first goalkeeper), Semou (16/0 m), Bernburg (0/0 f), Thygesen (19/1 m), Joensen (0/0 d), Durmisi (3/0 d), S. Hansen (0/0 f), Albrechtsen (11/0 d)
    FC Midtjylland: Hvilsom (1/1 f), Madsen (0/0 m), K. Nielsen (17/1 d)

Chelsea FC v West Ham
    Chelsea FC: Romeu (6/0 m)
    West Ham: J. Cole (7/2 m) (doubtful), Nolan (26/6 m), Noble (24/4 m), Potts (2/0 d)

Blackburn Rovers v Burnley FC
    Blackburn Rovers: King (0/0 f), Marcus Olsson (20/1 m) (both doubtful), Campbell (7/0 f), Orr (7/0 d), Henley (15/0 d), Etuhu (20/1 m), Kazim-Richards (23/3 f), Williamson (1/0 m), Bentley (4/0 m)
    Burnley FC: Marney (32/2 m)

Mönchengladbach v Hannover 96
    Mönchengladbach: -
    Hannover 96: Cherundolo (15/0 d), Eggimann (19/1 d), Felipe (3/1 d), Andreasen (4/2 m), Franca (0/0 m), Huszti (21/9 m), Stindl (14/2 m)

Feyenoord v FC Utrecht
    Feyenoord: -
    FC Utrecht: Nilsson (3/0 d), Takagi (7/0 m), Sarota (18/0 m), Scheepers (8/1 f)

AC Milan v US Palermo
    AC Milan: De Jong (12/1 m), Pazzini (22/13 f) (doubtful), Constant (4/0 m)
    US Palermo: Miccoli (21/5 f) (doubtful), Barreto (23/0 m), Dossena (8/0 d), Hernandez (7/0 f), Mantovani (5/0 d)

SSC Napoli v Atalanta Bergamo
    SSC Napoli: Britos (14/0 d) (doubtful)
    Atalanta Bergamo: Budan (2/0 f), Bellini (9/0 d), Capelli (0/0 d), Scaloni (3/0 d) (all doubtful), Marilungo (2/0 f), De Luca (15/1 f), Polito (2/0 g)

Torino FC v Lazio
    Torino FC: Ogbonna (14/0 d) (doubtful), Diop (3/0 f)
    Lazio: Konko (21/1 d), Floccari (16/4 f), Dias (21/0 d), Stankevicius (0/0 d), Klose (20/10 f, top scorer), Brocchi (8/0 m), Hernanes (26/8 m)

Grasshoppers v FC Luzern
    Grasshoppers: -
    FC Luzern: Bento (0/0 d), Lezcano (14/2 f), Hochstrasser (14/0 m), Wüthrich (0/0 g)

mrdmb wrote: »

No, trust me they won.

http://www.lnv.fr/laf/clubs/hainaut.html - scroll down to the bottom of the page, they beat Beziers 3-2

https://www.facebook.com/beziersangels?ref=ts&fref=ts - and here it says Beziers lost 3-2 ("perdu" = lost)

1st Dutch match of the day

NAC -WillemII

NAC close to full strenght at home wouldnt mind sticking it to their neighbours of Willem II who are all but relegated and missing a lot of players

This being a local derby with quite a bit of bad blood, it wouldnt surprise me to see a few yellows and a sending off. Cant find markets for that though.

So i stick to this bet: NAC to win &over 2,5 for the match @2.42 (marathon)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Turkish Super Lig

Orduspor v Gaziantepspor

BTTS and Over 2.5 look good in this one. Relegation dogfight and lately both have been scoring and conceding goals

BTTS - 5/6
    Over 2.5 - 6/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

After a nice little treble yesterday I'm back in for more.
    Following the home teams in the premier league, Sunderland, Chelsea and spurs all to win @ just Over 3/1.

Sunderland seem the dodgiest here,but they badly need to win to garantee safety against a Norwich side who seem to be safe.

Anything other than wins for both spurs and chelsea would be a disaster so id expect them to get the job done.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement