Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

France win and under 3.5 @ 1.78 :(

From what I read, Georgia are a VERY defensive side and we always struggle against teams that park the bus, I really like the line up though.

Also took San Marino not to score @ 1.36 :D:D in a few doubles, possibly the bet of the year? I was expecting 1.01...

FT 3-1 didn't expect Georgia to score.

and it was indeed the bet of the year, thank you Bwin :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Belgium are a solid bet IMO. They've only leaked once so far in WCQ, against Croatia. Beat Serbia and Wales away 3-0 and 2-0. The only thing I'd say is.. Vincent Kompany, captain and not 100% if he's starting? Can't see how that Irish team will cause Sweden any problems.

Thank you Belgium :D And Had Ibra wincast but not too bothered since we got a result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

World Cup Qualification - France v Spain - Both Teams To Score - 1.98 (BetVictor)

I've gone for Tahiti (vs the Solomon Islands) @ 1.48

Tahiti are preparing for the Confederations Cup and I've found this:

The Solomon Islands players will also be out to impress as a high percentage of the line-up are set to make their first appearance for their country at this level. Due to financial constraints, only 13 players will travel to Papeete and most of these are based in New Zealand. Coach Jacob Moli will not be making the trip so inspirational captain Henry Fa’arodo will take charge of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The Solomon Islands players will also be out to impress as a high percentage of the line-up are set to make their first appearance for their country at this level. Due to financial constraints, only 13 players will travel to Papeete and most of these are based in New Zealand. Coach Jacob Moli will not be making the trip so inspirational captain Henry Fa’arodo will take charge of the team.
    when is that match on las?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

in 5 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Headshot wrote: »

6am

Fonze07 wrote: »
    6am

5am UK/Ireland time according to Bwin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Ah really annoying when you spend a good hour researching and nothing comes in. Ok really staying away from midweek. Bring back the club football :)

Tahiti are 1.67 on betfair lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Shane St. wrote: »
    Ah really annoying when you spend a good hour researching and nothing comes in. Ok really staying away from midweek. Bring back the club football :)

Try closer to 20 hours before you complain. What research can you do in 1 hour?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

few games today in the african and asian qualifications.

saudi arabia to win away against Indonesia....price was 1.7 to 1.8 last week dropped in most bookies the last 2 days to 1.3 to 1.36

since the departure of Rijkard the caretaker coach has been doing a good job. 2 wins against china 2-1 and a friendly against malaysia 4-1.

take saudi to win 1.36 or if the game is live wait for a better a price..alternatively other options saudi -1 at 5/4 or total goals o 2.5 at 1.8

i'd be careful about the african games cuz the way these teams perform is extremely unsteady..! but few risky bets are always there

Cameron vs Togo...togo DC 2.4

Nigeria VS kenya...o 2.5 1.85

tunisia to win 1.35

treble of Nigeria ,Tunisia and ivory coast to win at 1.81

Tahiti won 2-0 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

netnerd wrote: »
    HT AB Copenhagen, FT SKIVE. 30/1 @ Paddies, matched to be played on saturday.

This is back at 28/1 with bet365 if anyone's interested.

Sorry for posting non football picks :o
    Saw the odds dropped on these 2 teams so I did a lil bit of research.

Aviron Bayonnais @ 1.70 (vs Toulon) French Rugby
    -this game will be played in Spain cuz about 30k Bayonne supporters are expected for this game and the Bayonne stadium is too small.
    -Toulon have a European cup game soon, so they're resting players including Wilkinson who seems to be BY FAR their best player, just check out his stats:
    http://www.scoresway.com/?sport=rugby&page=team&id=74

I also have a small bet on Carcassonne @ 2.60 (French Rugby as well), they need to win while their opponents have nothing to play for and will field a pretty young team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

lmao wrote: »
    its on at 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

rossit wrote: »
    its on at 6/1

It started the morning at 2/1 :eek: And around 12:30 both half time full time bets were up at 28/1. Its 20/1 with ladbrokes at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

It started the morning at 2/1 :eek: And around 12:30 both half time full time bets were up at 28/1. Its 20/1 with ladbrokes at the moment.

Strange to say the least :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Nigeria v Kenya Over 2.5 goals
    Cyprus v Switzerland

€10 returns €31.50

not my bet originally but I'm hungover :o

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

PP don't have it up any more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Both SkyBet and Paddy have removed odds for the Copenhagen/Skive match now. They were accepting bets last night when I checked.

LadB have just closed the market too, The odds went 26/1 to 16/1 then shut in the last 10 minutes

Bet365 are insane. I saw odds jump from 28/1 to 6/1

There is obviosuly something VERY suspicious about that match. Not sure if the HT/FT bet a few of us are on will come in though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Went to Ladbrokes and it was 16/1 so just decided to put 10 euro on it and the odds immediately changed to 10/1. Ah well. Took the 10/1 anyway.

Coral, Stanjames, and Betfred have also removed betting

Huge drop in odds on Motor... from ~11.00 to 3.50

I don't have this game on Bwin but some of you might find this interesting.

http://www.oddsportal.com/handball/europe/ehf-championship-trophy/motor-rhein-neckar-lowen-1530723/#1X2;2

and this one... from 120.00 down to 50.00 lol worth a few euros imo

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/czech-republic/pohar-ceske-posty/plzen-hradec-kralove-1482701/#ht-ft;2;33

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    few games today in the african and asian qualifications.

saudi arabia to win away against Indonesia....price was 1.7 to 1.8 last week dropped in most bookies the last 2 days to 1.3 to 1.36

since the departure of Rijkard the caretaker coach has been doing a good job. 2 wins against china 2-1 and a friendly against malaysia 4-1.

take saudi to win 1.36 or if the game is live wait for a better a price..alternatively other options saudi -1 at 5/4 or total goals o 2.5 at 1.8

i'd be careful about the african games cuz the way these teams perform is extremely unsteady..! but few risky bets are always there

Cameron vs Togo...togo DC 2.4

Nigeria VS kenya...o 2.5 1.85

tunisia to win 1.35

treble of Nigeria ,Tunisia and ivory coast to win at 1.81

Saudi won..the win and overs in...they had many chances to cover the handicap..but no worries..!:)

Huge drop in odds on Motor... from ~11.00 to 3.50

I don't have this game on Bwin but some of you might find this interesting.

http://www.oddsportal.com/handball/europe/ehf-championship-trophy/motor-rhein-neckar-lowen-1530723/#1X2;2

and this one... from 120.00 down to 50.00 lol worth a few euros imo

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/czech-republic/pohar-ceske-posty/plzen-hradec-kralove-1482701/#ht-ft;2;33

I feel illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

And again bet365 have this at 28/1 in play :eek:

its a strange one, signed up with 365 and stuck 20 on, if i can get my free 20 gonna see if i can throw it the opposite way!

28/1 both ways with Ladbrokes too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

28/1 both ways with Ladbrokes too

we might be dreaming and this could be the stupidest thing the betting thread has bet on yet! :P

• Advertisement

Toobz wrote: »
    we might be dreaming and this could be the stupidest thing the betting thread has bet on yet! :P

hahaha yes!! I'd rather bet small on it and lose then feel I missed out if it won! :pac:

Probably just meant a draw was nailed on for ht !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Morton/Brechin double for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Skive v AB, draw at half time, we've been had.

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭Spanish Harlem

Good afternoon all,
    I'm chasing losses after a few upsets in yesterday's world cup qualifiers (Spain failing to win against Finland, Portugal failing against Israel etc etc) so I'm looking for a banker to lump €50 on today.

Dundalk to win against UCD looks tempting at 11/10 but I admittedly haven't done my resarch. Any experts on the League of Ireland want to chip in with their wisdom?

Good afternoon all,
    I'm chasing losses after a few upsets in yesterday's world cup qualifiers (Spain failing to win against Finland, Portugal failing against Israel etc etc) so I'm looking for a banker to lump €50 on today.

Dundalk to win against UCD looks tempting at 11/10 but I admittedly haven't done my resarch. Any experts on the League of Ireland want to chip in with their wisdom?

Check out this thread for LOI tips etc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83793171#post83793171

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭Spanish Harlem

Thanks you very much @ rarnes1. Plenty of reading for me there!
    I think I'll lump on Dundalk. Fingers crossed

Aviron Bayonnais @ 1.70 (vs Toulon) French Rugby
    -this game will be played in Spain cuz about 30k Bayonne supporters are expected for this game and the Bayonne stadium is too small.
    -Toulon have a European cup game soon, so they're resting players including Wilkinson who seems to be BY FAR their best player, just check out his stats:
    http://www.scoresway.com/?sport=rugby&page=team&id=74

Get in! Love winning a bet without knowing anything about the sport! :D

Get in! Love winning a bet without knowing anything about the sport! :D

Any others today?

That's some nice tips put in here the past 24 hours

0-1 in that Czech match you posted up Lass. Strapping in for a nervy second half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If their last meeting is anything to go by...

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Morton/Brechin double for me

Lovely...Morton were 2 down at ht and won 4-2

inforfun wrote: »
    If their last meeting is anything to go by...

Let's hope they don't leave it until the 90th min this time, my heart won't cope :P

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Any others today?

That's some nice tips put in here the past 24 hours

Carcassonne @ 2.60 or Carcassonne +6.5 @ 1.65 (French Rugby), I'm not overly confident about this one though cuz their opponents' coach seems desperate to atone for his team's loss in the derby last week... but they don't need to win unlike Carcassonne and they're fielding a young team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Swindon let me down big time so tonight gone for

Senegal
    Burkina faso
    Tunisia
    South africa
    Switzerland
    Ivory Coast
    Sligo rovers
    10/1

Dundalk double chance/Finn Harps double chance @ 1.88

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

Carcassonne @ 2.60 or Carcassonne +6.5 @ 1.65 (French Rugby), I'm not overly confident about this one though cuz their opponents' coach seems desperate to atone for his team's loss in the derby last week... but they don't need to win unlike Carcassonne and they're fielding a young team.

who they playing cant find it on bet 365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Tahiti won 2-0 :)

lanley.jpg

rossit wrote: »
    who they playing cant find it on bet 365

Albi but Bet 365 don't seem to have it

http://www.oddsportal.com/rugby-union/france/pro-d2/albi-carcassonnaise-1513750/

Toulouse @ ~1.55 (French Volleyball)

Last game of the season, Toulouse need to win to secure survival, Ajaccio need to win and others to fail to be in the play offs. Toulouse have won 7 of their last 8 home games, Ajaccio have lost 8 of their last 10 away games. Toulouse are playing at home tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Man that was a ****e weekend for bets:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement