Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Van Persie to score 2 or more for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Stronger Utd team than I thought. Should win comfortably.
    Utd win 4/6
    City -1 5/6
    75 double returns 229
    Hopefully a good start to the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

inforfun wrote: »
    Van Persie to score 2 or more for me.

Just a word of warning with this, with the Chelsea game in 2 days it's highly likely he won't play the full 90 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Was going to put United into accum till I realised they are playing Chelsea monday and with the league as good as wrapped up hence why they are the price that they are.

Blatter wrote: »
    Just a word of warning with this, with the Chelsea game in 2 days it's highly likely he won't play the full 90 mins.

Big chance he will be subbed if Utd are "safe". He will have his 2 goals by then :D
    Actually think Hernandez will start vs Chelsea, great goal scoring record against them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm throwing a very, very small stake on Kagawa to score 2 or more at 16/1

RVP will be the focus of the defense today. He'll be surrounded, and that should open some space up for Kagawa, as the Number 10, to get a few chances. I'd also imagine Kagawa, provided he's not too tired after the Japan games, will play the 90 and then not play on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Over 2.5 and over 11 corners 3/1. 4 out and out wingers hopefully means corners and goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Small bit on Anderson MOM @ 18/1. He has a tendency to give great, sporadic performances at times and he's one of the few Utd players that wasn't involved in the internationals so he should be fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Double
    Lisburn v Portadown
    Portadown 4/7
    Portadown won the same fixture last week 5-0

Cowdenbeath v Partick
    Partick 2/5
    Partick won the same fixture during the week 3-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

4 wins today - 20/1

Manutd 4/6
    Bolton 13/8
    Nottm Forest 21/20
    Cardiff 5/4

Staying away from the Utd match.

Too dodgy with that game on Monday and Sunderland need the points more.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

I stayed away too. Hope they win for everyone on here backing them but I just have a bad feeling.

Bristol Rovers v York
    Bristol Rovers 21/20
    Rovers look strong at home winning 6 of their last 7 league games

Heerenveen - Feyenoord

Must win game for Feyenoord since the 3 other title contenders all play tomorrow.
    Unfortunately Feyenoord will be without Graziano Pelle who is suspended for 1 match.
    Heerenveen missing 3 players, none of them really important. Daniel de Riider played a lot but since he is injured Heerenveen started winning games so even if he would have been fit, i doubt he would have played.

Some stats first:
    Heerenveen has not kept a clean sheet against Feyenoord in their last 18 H2H.
    H2H for this fixture Heerenveen won 8, Feyenoord won 7
    Both teams won their last 4 matches in the league.

As said, Feyenoord without Pelle which could see 2 "solutions"
    Lex Immers moves from midfield to CFWD and Tonny Vilhena will play behind him. A def midfielder will come in to take Vilhena's spot in midfield. Basically means Feyenoord can play their usual style
    Also possible is that Ruben Schaken moves from the right wing in to CFWD. Played that role a few times last season when Guidetti was out and did well. His speed is definitely a weapon against a defence like Heerenveen.

If option 1 is going to be it, i ll be on Vilhena any time @8.5
    Option 2 and i ll be on Schaken @3

And of course Heerenveen has Finbogasson: @1.90 any time which i think is a bit of an insult towards the Feyenoord defense. 3 of them had 2 clean sheets for Holland this week.

As a Feyenoord fan, for me this is the title decider. Win and there is every chance they will wrap it up with 7 games to go, 5 at home. Lose and it will be 4 points behind Ajax assuming they will win against Zwolle tomorrow.

Ref is pretty card happy and might have an influence on the game as well.

Really cant put an unbiased advise on this match but Feyenoord DC @1.56 is combo material i think.

Other matches tonight:

Willem II - Groningen:

Stay away, nothing good can come out of that one.
    Willem II terrible at home, Groningen a disaster away from home. Unders maybe, no matter how risky that is in a Dutch match, if you cant help yourself

Utrecht - VVV

VVV missing a few players. Utrecht will want to win this one in order to finish as high as possible and have home advantage in the EL play offs.
    **** odds most like but Utrecht -1 AH

Twente - NAC
    Twente & over 2,5 here.
    Twente will have Chadli back and he will make a difference. First of all because of his talent, 2nd because Dusan Tadic can play his preferred role more with Chadli on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

magherakid wrote: »
    Double
    Lisburn v Portadown
    Portadown 4/7

Cowdenbeath v Partick
    Partick 2/5
    Partick won the same fixture during the week 3-0

Cheers for the heads up. I was on the Portadown game last week (I think you were the poster that put it up here?) great memories of a very comfortable -2 handicap win. Will go on the -2 handicap again, hoping for a 3 nill at least :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Isaac Chilemba by KO 5/1

Portadown 1/2

Burton 23/20

Bristol Rovers 11/10

€5 returns €203.18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Just spotted this lad ..... BTTS and Everton to win against Stoke is 3/1. Bare in mind Everton concede in nearly every game they play and most of the time when they win, both teams score too. So if you fancy Everton to beat Stoke today... Have a look at this bet.

FatRat wrote: »
    Just spotted this lad ..... BTTS and Everton to win against Stoke is 3/1. Bare in mind Everton concede in nearly every game they play and most of the time when they win, both teams score too. So if you fancy Everton to beat Stoke today... Have a look at this bet.

But Stoke have only scored 2 in their last 7 away and Everton kept Man C out last week. Still looks a decent bet though as Evertons defence is a mess this year.Only 4 clean sheets all season iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

magherakid wrote: »
    Double
    Lisburn v Portadown
    Portadown 4/7

Portadown (-1) looks a steal at 13/10 for this.

Milan to win by 1 goal @ 12/5 looks decent too, Chievo will make things tough for them but I can see them winning it 1-0 or 2-1.

A few under 2.5's for today too:
    FC Sion v Servette @ 4/6
    Ajaccio v Toulouse @ 4/9
    Torino v Napoli @ 8/13.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    But Stoke have only scored 2 in their last 7 away and Everton kept Man C out last week. Still looks a decent bet though as Evertons defence is a mess this year.Only 4 clean sheets all season iirc

Yeah but forgetting about all of that .... the amount of times this bet has come in for Everton this year is crazy. So 3/1 is value even if it mightn't come in.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/03/30/england/league-two/burton-albion-fc/chesterfield-fc/1295300/?ICID=HP_MS_126_04

Burton Albion have won the last 9 in a row at home. Today they host Chesterfield who have lost 6 of their last 9 on the road. Chesterfield have nothing to play for but Burton need the 3 points to stay in the automatic spots. Evens for the Burton win and 4/9 dnb

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/03/30/england/league-two/bristol-rovers-fc/york-city-fc/1295296/?ICID=HP_MS_126_03

Bristol Rovers have won 6 of their last 7 at home and today host York who haven't won a game or home or away since new years day. Bristol haven't much to play for but York are battling relegation. Still fancy Bristol @ 5/6 or play it safe dnb @ 4/11

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/03/30/england/championship/nottingham-forest-fc/brighton--hove-albion-fc/1295830/?ICID=HP_MS_02_05

Also fancy Notts Forest who have won their last home and away and host Brighton who seem to be missing a good few players today and not in great form with 2 defeats in their last 3. Forest are 21/20 for the win and 1/2 dnb

Decent bet on the dnb treble for me at 2/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Manchester City v Southampton – the teams

Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Kolo Toure, Kolarov, Sinclair, Garcia, Aguero, Milner.

Newcastle: Elliot; Simpson, S.Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gutierrez; Anita, Cabaye; Obertan, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse. Subs: Harper, Good, Perch, Bigirimana, Gosling, Marveaux, Campbell.

Arsenal v Reading – the teams

Arsenal: Fabianski, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Rosicky, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Gervinho, Giroud. Subs: Szczesny, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Coquelin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski.

Reading: Taylor, Kelly, Shorey, Mariappa, Pearce, Karacan, Leigertwood, Guthrie, Robson-Kanu, McAnuff, Pogrebnyak. Subs: McCarthy, Gunter, Morrison, Akpan, McCleary, Le Fondre, Hunt

West Ham v West Brom – the teams

West Ham: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Reid, Collins, O'Brien, O'Neil, Diame, Nolan, Jarvis, Carroll, Vaz Te. Subs: Henderson, McCartney, Tomkins, Carlton Cole, Collison, Taylor, Chamakh.

West Brom: Foster, McAuley, Ridgewell, Jones, Olsson, Yacob, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Brunt, Long, Lukaku. Subs: Myhill, Popov, Rosenberg, Thomas, Odemwingie, Tamas, Fortune

Southampton v Chelsea – the teams

Southampton: Boruc, Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Cork, S. Davis, Puncheon, Lambert (c), Rodriguez. Subs: K Davis, Fonte, Ramírez, Fox, Forren, Ward-Prowse, Guly.

Chelsea: Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry (c), Bertrand; Mikel,Lampard; Moses, Oscar, Marin; Torres. Subs: Turnbull, Cole, David Luiz, Ramires, Hazard, Benayoun, Ba.

Swansea v Tottenham – the teams

Swansea: Vorm, Tiendalli, Chico, Williams (c), Davies; Britton, de Guzman; Routledge, Dyer, Hernandez; Michu. Subs: Tremmel, Bartley, Monk, Ki, Lamah, Moore, Shechter.

Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Dawson (c), Vertonghen, Naughton, Parker, Dembele, Bale, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Adebayor. Subs: Archer, Assou-Ekotto, Caulker, Livermore, Holtby, Huddlestone, Defoe.

Wigan v Norwich – the teams

Wigan: Robles, Scharner, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Boyce, Beausejour, McCarthy, Gomez, Maloney, McManaman, Kone. Subs: Al Habsi, Caldwell, Di Santo, Henriquez, McArthur, Espinoza, Stam

Norwich: Camp, Martin, Turner, Bassong, Garrido, E. Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Kamara. Subs: Steer, Whittaker, Holt, Fox, Becchio, Tierney, Tettey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    bet of the weekend there I think
    I can't find something to double it with im confident about
    so might just have to have a decent bet on this instead
    think this has utd 1-0 written all over it so a bit on that
    for me also at 6s
    Shane St. wrote: »
    Sunderland v Man United
    Under 2.5 goals - 4/5 - Sunderland missing Fletcher, United expected l

great start, usually down money after the early match
    easier when you have a team like sunder who can't score

Big thank you to mignolet there for keeping out rvp :pac:
    what a break to get there at the end

Sunderland v Man United
    This game is tricky to call as it is unclear what kind of side United will turn up. With the league all but sewn up and a tricky game away at Chelsea in the FA cup less than 48 hours after this game there is no doubt there will be massive changes to the United team. There is no question in my mind that the Chelsea game is the priority of the two games.
    Sunderland are winless in 7 league games and were dealt a massive blow losing Steven Fletcher for possibly the rest of the season as well as Lee Cattermole. Fletcher's loss can't be overstated as he has accounted for a third of their league goals (11 of 33).
    I think the best bet here is to go unders. Under 2.5 goals at 4/5 is one bet to consider for any multiple bets. Sunderland are one of the league's lowest scorers and they are now without their main goal source. United may suffer a bit from the expected wholesale changes to the team. In addition many of their players went on long international trips and there may be a bit of fatigue.
    United have been winning games with the minimum of fuss lately. The unders has in fact collected in 4 of their last 5 league games, a sequence of games which has seen them keep 5 league clean sheets in a row. So while I expect goals to be at a premium here you do feel if there are goals they will be scored by United (Division's highest scorers). United to win with a clean sheet at 6/4 is another decent bet to consider.
    Under 2.5 goals - 4/5 - Sunderland missing Fletcher, United expected to make lots of changes
    Utd to win to nil - 6/4 - As mentioned Sunderland have goal scoring problems, bet has collected in Utd's last 5 league games

Called that right.... Just need city to do the business now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Swansea v Tottenham

13 out of 15 games have had 2 or more goals in Swansea's home games this season. There has been 2 or more goals in 13 games out of 15 in Tottenham's away games this season.

West Ham v West Brom

11 out of 14 games have had 2 or more goals in West Ham's home games this season. There has been 2 or more goals in 13 games out of 15 in West Brom's away games this season.

Wigan v Norwich

14 out of 15 games have had 2 or more goals in Wigan's home games this season. There has been 2 or more goals in 12 games out of 15 in Norwich's away games this season.

Southampton v Chelsea

12 out of 15 games have had 2 or more goals in Southampton's home games this season. There has been 2 or more goals in 12 games out of 14 in Chelsea's away games this season.

I am going to wait until 3:10 - 3:15 to get the best odds for a treble of over 1.5 goals in the first three games I have listed above. In case there is a goal in one of them three games I will then use the Southampton game.

Under 2.5 in BATE vs Dinamo Minsk @ 1.67

biggest bet in a while for me, I really think it'll be an underish game cuz:
    - it's the 1st game of the season
    - it's the Belarussian "clasico" and neither team will want to lose
    - BATE usually score first then pass the ball around for the rest of the game
    - The Dinamo Minsk GK is the former BATE keeper, he didn't leave BATE in good terms and I think he'll be eager to keep a clean sheet against his former team.
    - the game will be played at a neutral venue
    - the pitch looks like this today so it might be a bit frozen tomorrow - http://nn.by/image-cache/558214c347dd9b346a0c80e0d2f1fb5d_w600_h600_q95.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

anywhere to get score updates from the northern irish premier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

http://www.flashscore.com/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21971492

• Advertisement

Yeah but forgetting about all of that .... the amount of times this bet has come in for Everton this year is crazy. So 3/1 is value even if it mightn't come in.

I cannot believe I forgot both Pienaar and Fellaini are suspended! That's poor considering I'm an Everton fan :pac: Too late, I already made the bet but I am really doubting it now. Possible draw today I think.

I cannot believe I forgot both Pienaar and Fellaini are suspended! That's poor considering I'm an Everton fan :pac: Too late, I already made the bet but I am really doubting it now. Possible draw today I think.

Howard and jagielka should be back tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

CELTA DE VIGO VS. BARCELONA

Gone for Tello to score anytime @ 6/4. He starts for Barca today and I reckon he'll get some chances against a poor Celta team

Something interesting for Saturday:

Belchatow's last 4 games finished 0-0, and two of those nil-nils were vs Legia (1st) and Lech (2nd). They signed a Lithuanian GK who played the last 4 games... he's the main reason why they got those 0-0s, I saw the highlights of their last game and he's amazing. I remember him from when BATE played vs his former Lithuanian team and that keeper singlehandedly kept BATE at bay in the first leg. Belchatow's next game is vs Slask (4th).

0-0 @ 6.75
    Under 1.5 @ 2.55
    Personally I'm taking Under 2.5 @ 1.48 to be "safe".

FT 1-0 :D

Barca/Gala double at just over evens

Treble of over 2,5
    Bayern/Barca/Las Palmas matches

@4

Sunderland v Man United

Under 2.5 goals - 4/5 - Sunderland missing Fletcher, United expected to make lots of changes
    Utd to win to nil - 6/4 - As mentioned Sunderland have goal scoring problems, bet has collected in Utd's last 5 league games

Man City v Newcastle

City to win to nil 21/20 - Collected in 4 of last 5 home games
    CIty -1 - 8/11 - 6/10 home games have been by at least 2 clear goals. Newcastle don't travel well
    Stronger Utd team than I thought. Should win comfortably.
    Utd win 4/6
    City -1 5/6
    75 double returns 229
    Hopefully a good start to the weekend

Great day even the clean sheet double got in

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Whats people thoughts on everton later? Have them to finish a weekly accy and I am wondering will I hedge it. Will probably just wait out the first half and hope they don't do a Wigan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What kind of team do barce have out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What kind of team do barce have out?

. Pinto Dani Alves G. Piqué M. Bartra M. Montoya A. Song Thiago C. Fàbregas A. Sánchez Tello L. Messi

Subs

E. Abidal

A. Iniesta

J. Mascherano

D. Villa

O. Olazábal

S. Busquets

G. Deulofeu

Headshot wrote: »
    CELTA DE VIGO VS. BARCELONA

Gone for Tello to score anytime @ 6/4. He starts for Barca today and I reckon he'll get some chances against a poor Celta team

yessssssssssssssssssssssssss
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Normally avoid betting on the Premier League but good day all around on this forum it seems
    What are the opinions on Arsenal to win & over 3.5 goals in the match @ 2.2 (Bet365)?
    Arsenal 4-1 Reading
    Sunderland: Mignolet, Bardsley, Rose, O'Shea (c), Bramble, N'Diaye, Gardner, McClean, Johnson, Sessegnon, Graham

Man Utd: De Gea, Rafael, Buttner, Smalling, Vidic, Carrick, Valencia, Anderson, Young, Kagawa, van Persie
    Subs: Evra, Evans, Nani, Welbeck, Cleverley, Powell, Lindegaard

Sunderland have won only two points (D2 L7) from a possible 27 in their last nine Premier League home games against Man Utd

Utd have only conceded 1 goal in the last 572 minutes of PL football vs Sunderland

Man Utd have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 4 matches against Sunderland in all comps

The trend continues with Man Utd winning with a first half goal to nil.

Opstelling Feyenoord: Mulder; Janmaat, De Vrij, Mathijsen, Martins Indi; Vormer, Vilhena, Clasie; Schaken, Immers en Boëtius

Which means i ll be on Vilhena any time @9

Played about 105 minutes in the position behind the CFWD this season scoring 3 goals.
    And also because penalties for Feyenoord will be taken by either Vilhena or Pelle. And Pelle isnt there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

inforfun wrote: »
    Opstelling Feyenoord: Mulder; Janmaat, De Vrij, Mathijsen, Martins Indi; Vormer, Vilhena, Clasie; Schaken, Immers en Boëtius

Which means i ll be on Vilhena any time @9

Played about 105 minutes in the position behind the CFWD this season scoring 3 goals.
    And also because penalties for Feyenoord will be taken by either Vilhena or Pelle. And Pelle isnt there.

unfortunately Twente drew..:(

what r the chances of Feyenoord this...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Now call me crazy but I fancy villa strongly tmoz while benteke has been taking all the spotlight the form of Gabby agbonlahor has gone unnoticed with 4 goals in his last 7 and weimann is instrumental to our team so much so that the 12 games weimann hasunt played in this year villa have won none so I'm going for a few small stakes on

Benteke anytime villa win 7/1
    Benteke anytime match drawn 4/1
    ,Gabby agbonlahor anytime 11/4
    Benteke and Suarez to score anytime 9/2

• Advertisement

mrdmb wrote: »
    unfortunately Twente drew..:(

what r the chances of Feyenoord this...?

75% possession for Twente but they are really **** at the moment.
    0-0 at HT at Feyenoord. Neither team creating much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

O'Neill sacked for Sunderland - not good news for us Sunderland going down backers

Hopefully he goes to liverpool next

;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Radonman wrote: »
    O'Neill sacked for Sunderland - not good news for us Sunderland going down backers

It's great news!!! They'll probably bring back Ricky Sbragia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Lol, funny guys

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement