Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

United DNB @ 11/10 looks too good to refuse to me. Looking at Hernandez Wincast @ 4/1. Will decide tomorrow. What's the general opinion on the game tomorrow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Finding it hard to see beyond a Utd win. Players rested...good record there...Chelsea's form all over the place...9/5 is seriously good value.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure if I have the confidence for a United win at 9/5 or if I should just go with a Hernandez Anytime at the same price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Anyone know the refs for the CL games midweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Anybody have any insight into Real Madrid v Galatasaray? Primarily the Both Teams To Score market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

user2011 wrote: »
    Anyone know the refs for the CL games midweek?

no referees announced yet according to the champions league website should be up tomorrow

W. Stark for psg vs barca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

Anyone think PSG have a chance against Barcelona?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Anybody have any insight into Real Madrid v Galatasaray? Primarily the Both Teams To Score market.

Galatasaray seem to be getting stronger as the competition progress's they scored 3 away from home against schalke in the last round 4-3 on agg,but the key man here will be Drogba, Madrid very slack when defending on set pieces this year also im sure Sneijder will love to get one over Madrid,only problem i see is that midfielder Hamit Altintop came off injured over the weekend and his been one of their best players the last month,

i still think madrid will have too much for them and go through but will be alot closer than the odds of 1/8 i see being offered

Barnsley have scored in 16 from their 19 home games.

Leicester have kept 2 clean sheets in their last 11 league matches.

Leicester have their main defender suspended for this match.

Barnsley are without 3 first choice defenders and are unlikely to keep a clean sheet.

Barnsley are 1.4 to score with Boyles.

In Barnsleys home games 67% of goals are scored in the 2nd half.
    In Leicesters away games 68% of goals are scored in the 2nd half.

Half with most goals - 2nd @ 2.0

jebus84 wrote: »
    Galatasaray seem to be getting stronger as the competition progress's they scored 3 away from home against schalke in the last round 4-3 on agg,but the key man here will be Drogba, Madrid very slack when defending on set pieces this year also im sure Sneijder will love to get one over Madrid,only problem i see is that midfielder Hamit Altintop came off injured over the weekend and his been one of their best players the last month,

i still think madrid will have too much for them and go through but will be alot closer than the odds of 1/8 i see being offered

2.0 on both teams to score. I would rather the fixture was reversed, however...
    I will do up a poisson distribution tomorrow when I have time to research it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Infor what do you think of Eindhoven vs. Voldendam tomorrow looks good for an away win http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/01/netherlands/eerste-divisie/fc-eindhoven/fc-volendam/1291004/?ICID=PL_MS_16
    Some good prices too:
    Volendam -0.5,-1 Asian is best priced with 188 at 1.77

Volendam Over 2.5 Team Goals @ 5/4 with Bet365

Volendam -1.5 Asian @ 2.300 with Bet365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

markc91 wrote: »
    Infor what do you think of Eindhoven vs. Voldendam tomorrow looks good for an away win http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/04/01/netherlands/eerste-divisie/fc-eindhoven/fc-volendam/1291004/?ICID=PL_MS_16
    Some good prices too:
    Volendam -0.5,-1 Asian is best priced with 188 at 1.77

Volendam Over 2.5 Team Goals @ 5/4 with Bet365

Volendam -1.5 Asian @ 2.300 with Bet365

Eindhoven are pants, Volendam is scoring for fun and probably win but do concede a few as well. Volendam matches have almost 4 goals on average (101 goals in 26 GS61-GC 40). They win a lot lately, have the leagues top scorer nd dont have this "most win promotion" hanging over them like a few other teams (Sparta most of all).

I like them, have a lot of local players but still hope they stay where they are because the Eredivisie really doesnt need a 3rd team playing on plastic.

I would be careful with handicaps in that league. Too unpredictable. Keep it to goals, whether that are team goals or match goals.

Done an over 2,5 on all matches in the Jupiler league @23 myself.
    Always 1 that lets you down so did it for peanuts.

In comparison, i have UTD to score over 1,5 at the same odds as Volendam over 2,5.

And yes, a Volendam win is a pretty safe bet:

Eindhoven missing:

Blessures: Furkan Alakmak (buik), Jason Bourdouxhe (knie), Timothy Durwael (hamstring), Anthony van den Hurk (lies), Josemar Makiavala (knie) en Jonathan Vervoort (enkel).
    Geschorst: Sjors Paridaans, Wesley Vanbelle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Chelsea Team: Cech, Azpi, Iva, Luiz, Cole; Mikel, Rami, Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Ba #CFC

MUFC De Gea/Smalling Jones Ferdinand Evra/Valencia Carrick Cleverley Nani/ Welbeck Hernandez

Subs; Lindegaard, Giggs, Young, Van Persie, Powell, Kagawa, Vermijl

Substitutes: Turnbull, Bertrand, Terry, Benayoun, Lampard, Moses, Torres

3.45 now for a utd win on bfair

less keen after seeing that team though

hernandez anytime 19/10 betvictor single on that

doubled that with berba anytime 11/8 betv (best odds combined)
    pp just shaved chica from 2s to 9/5

layed chelsea at 2.2

Wasn't planning on that but have to at those odds now
    money keeps coming for chelsea
    utd out to 3.7 now

utd double chance now best at 8/11 365

checked this last nite and best i seen was 11/20

Worried about the result with no Rooney in the squad at all, and RVP on the bench.

Small bet on Nani anytime at 9/2; with those two missing, he'll be the de facto penalty taker, and likely the only one willing to take shots from outside the box, free kicks, etc.

EDIT: Also following on Hernandez anytime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Can't understand that United line-up. Puts me off backing them now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Fergie underestimating his opponent as usual :pac: Worried about BTTS now with Welbeck in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Ramires anytime 5-1 scored last two fa cup games

*Sigh*

Nani beyond useless. Hernandez with only one amazing chance which was kept out by a world class save. United never showed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

All very quiet in here am guessing many of you were on United anyway any tips for the 3 o'clock games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sligo and over 2.5 @ 2.05 is very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

The Carmarthen Town vs Airbus game has been pulled from most bookies, and the odds on Airbus have dropped from ~2.00 to ~1.73, so I did a bit of research.

From Airbus' website:

On Friday Airbus host fifth-placed Prestatyn Town (7.30pm) (they won 4-1) before making the long trip to sixth-placed Carmarthen Town on Monday (2.30pm).
    A maximum return from the matches would leave Airbus at least four points clear of third-placed Bangor in the race for runners-up spot and automatic qualification to the Europa League.
    "It's important we do get a good couple of results because if we do that will heap the pressure on Bangor who don't play the following week," Preece said.

Carmarthen have nothing to play for unlike Airbus... my only concern is that Carmarthen have a good record vs Airbus. Still I've gone for Airbus @ 1.72

Game postponed in case anyone got on this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21995743?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

berba wincast 21/10 pp

to get back my losses from the utd game

Going big on Rabat Ajax double chance @ 1.38

Rabat Ajax should win but double chance looks "safer"

The odds on Rabat Ajax have dropped from 4.75 to 2.40

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/malta/premier-league-2012-2013/rabat-ajax-balzan-youths-1591815/#1X2;2

edit: Bwin just removed the game, I'm glad I was quick for once. Only LeonBets and Marathon Bet have it now...

League Of Ireland Premier

UCD - Sligo Rovers

Kick off: 19.45 GMT

===================

Top V Bottom here, Sligo in fine form winning their opening 5 games scoring 14 goals, UCD completely opposite with an awful start to the season picking up just 1 point they look to be the clear relegation favourites this season.

UCD will miss Mick Leahy, Robbie Benson, and doubts over Mark Langtry and Barry McCabe
    Sligo have Danny Ventre available for the first time season after recovering from a leg injury but Gavin Peers (hamstring) is a doubt. Danny North (knee) and Joesph Ndo (hand) Seamus Conneely (knee) are still missing. They've been missing all season thou so that should not affect them here, new signing Anthony Elding from Preston and Grimsby is in flying form scoring 7 from his first 4 games, 6 of them with his head! Sligo will get the best ever opening to a season with a win here, the odds reflect Sligo's probable dominance thou, I'd prefer the goals market here, Sligo are scoring plenty and with UCD conceding this will be one of my only 2 bets today.

over 2.5 @ 1.800 - 6/10. waiting for in play might be better, should be evens after 7 or 8 minutes,
    Sligo win and over 2.5 @ 2.05 - 4/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

League Of Ireland Premier

UCD - Sligo Rovers

Kick off: 19.45 GMT

===================

Top V Bottom here, Sligo in fine form winning their opening 5 games scoring 14 goals, UCD completely opposite with an awful start to the season picking up just 1 point they look to be the clear relegation favourites this season.

UCD will miss Mick Leahy, Robbie Benson, and doubts over Mark Langtry and Barry McCabe
    Sligo have Danny Ventre available for the first time season after recovering from a leg injury but Gavin Peers (hamstring) is a doubt. Danny North (knee) and Joesph Ndo (hand) Seamus Conneely (knee) are still missing. They've been missing all season thou so that should not affect them here, new signing Anthony Elding from Preston and Grimsby is in flying form scoring 7 from his first 4 games, 6 of them with his head! Sligo will get the best ever opening to a season with a win here, the odds reflect Sligo's probable dominance thou, I'd prefer the goals market here, Sligo are scoring plenty and with UCD conceding this will be one of my only 2 bets today.

over 2.5 @ 1.800 - 6/10. waiting for in play might be better, should be evens after 7 or 8 minutes,
    Sligo win and over 2.5 @ 2.05 - 4/10

where can you get this double on? bet365 wont let me do it

where can you get this double on? bet365 wont let me do it

Should be under the goals Tab at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

P.Walnuts wrote: »

got it thanks

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »

yep, under goals tab "Result/Total goals"

Sligo Rovers to win and 3 or 4 total goals in the match - 2.87 Paddy Power

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sligo Rovers to win and 3 or 4 total goals in the match - 2.87 Paddy Power

On them already, ht/ft and -2.....really hope they show up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    On them already, ht/ft and -2.....really hope they show up now.

I made a bet on HT/FT for Sligo and nothing was deducted from my account so I made it again. Now I check my open bets and both bets have went through ... but nothing has been deducted from my balance!! Can't understand it. I dont mind having the two bets on ht/ft though because I'm fairly sure it'll come in. also on them for -1.

Following ht/ft. Really need a win guys :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Following ht/ft. Really need a win guys :(

If you need a win so badly I'd advise stopping, you might just lose even more money. Just a suggestion though, do what you want!

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote: »
    If you need a win so badly I'd advise stopping, you might just lose even more money. Just a suggestion though, do what you want!

Ah, no. I'm not that bad off.

I put €5 on my PP account 6 weeks ago, and have €100 in it right now. I had €180 at one stage, but over the last few weeks, it's dipped down. It's not like I'm actually pumping loads into my account :P As I see it, until that €5 is gone, I'm still playing with money I never had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ah, no. I'm not that bad off.

I put €5 on my PP account 6 weeks ago, and have €100 in it right now. I had €180 at one stage, but over the last few weeks, it's dipped down. It's not like I'm actually pumping loads into my account :P As I see it, until that €5 is gone, I'm still playing with money I never had.
    withdraw 50 and buy something with it. At least you'll have something to show for your efforts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Sligo and Atletico double for me - 2.3/1 - Sligo well discussed but Granada are missing a few regulars (Troje and Siqueira 27/5)and have the worst attack in the Spanish league

eh i dunno wrote: »
    withdraw 50 and buy something with it. At least you'll have something to show for your efforts

Good advice...I'd probably but 50 scratchcards..:pac:

Sligo -1 or Sligo and over 2.5??

Decisions decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Can't decide between Elding wincast or Sligo -1. Both are at evens..

Hmm last year UCD beat Sligo 1-0 at home, prior to that game Sligo's results were:
    3-0 win vs Shelbourne
    3-0 win vs Shamrock
    3-1 win vs Drogheda
    they were unbeaten before that game...

As for UCD, before that game, they had played 11 league games and won only once!

will history repeat itself? :o I'm not touching this game personally, top vs bottom games never go as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Hmm last year UCD beat Sligo 1-0 at home, prior to that game Sligo's results were:
    3-0 win vs Shelbourne
    3-0 win vs Shamrock
    3-1 win vs Drogheda

As for UCD, before that game, they had played 11 league games and won only once!

will history repeat itself? :o I'm not touching this game personally, top vs bottom games never go as planned.

Agreed, UCD's prior form at home to Sligo is really putting me off this game.

3-0 win vs Shelbourne
    3-0 win vs Shamrock
    3-1 win vs Drogheda

I'm hoping this may work to Sligo's advantage..

"Hey lads remember what happened last season etc"

Might focus the minds ever more.............hopefully :D

Going big on Rabat Ajax double chance @ 1.38

Rabat Ajax should win but double chance looks "safer"

The odds on Rabat Ajax have dropped from 4.75 to 2.40

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/malta/premier-league-2012-2013/rabat-ajax-balzan-youths-1591815/#1X2;2

edit: Bwin just removed the game, I'm glad I was quick for once. Only LeonBets and Marathon Bet have it now...

Rabat Ajax won 3-0 :D Gotta love fixed games.

Hamrun Spartans should win too, I've taken them @ 1.73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Rabat Ajax won 3-0 :D Gotta love fixed games.

Hamrun Spartans should win too, I've taken them @ 1.73

Just followed you on Hamrun at 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Fringpong on the bench , card market anyone.

Going to take 50-1 for both teams to have a red card with paddy power.

Only let down is the ref but worth a shot with him on the bench and being a derby .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

10er on Samba scorecast 1-0 at 165/1 :pac:

jumped on the spartans bandwagon also 10/11 :D

careful with Spartans, the drop in odds was not as big as in the other game, the odds on Spartans "only" dropped from 2.30 to 1.73, still I hope they win :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement