Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Comtemplating taking Barca and Bayern-1.

Those team sheets scream Barca win for me.

Bayern are playing awesome attacking football and really are the team to beat I think. They will try to finish it tonight I reckon, as strong as Juve are, I cannot see past Bayern winning by 2 or 3.

Robbed in injury time.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Biggest bet went on the unders in Juve-Bayern so a winner for the night.... Any1 watch the Juve-Bayern game. How did it go?

Ibra was 15/8 anytime on betfair for future reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Biggest bet went on the unders in Juve-Bayern so a winner for the night.... Any1 watch the Juve-Bayern game. How did it go?

You were lucky with your unders win. Bayern could/should have put this tie to bed with 3 or 4-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

FWIW PSG drew 2-2 at home vs Barcelona in a pre season friendly

history repeated itself :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

two howlers by buffon is how it went but bayern couldve had a few more
    we got away with it though

juve were very poor and rarely looked like scoring
    i'll be glad to see the back of them to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

couple of picks in Irish Premier League games tonight,

Limerick FC V Shamrock Rovers 19:45 GMT
    Limerick FC +0.5 Asian H/Cap @ 1.975 4/10 :D

Over 2.5 goals @ 2.15 2/10 :mad: - looks a little over priced due to recent results from both sides partly due to depleted squads and poor weather the last week or 2, but I think with some attacking players returning there's a good chance of goals.

St.Pats V Dundalk 19:45 GMT
    St.Pats -.75 Asian H/Cap @ 1.875 5/10 :mad: - Can't see past Pats here, much better squad and should Dundalk's good away form this season.

Main pick wins,
    2 losses thou not good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

FatRat wrote: »
    I fancy a draw. Barcelona have been weak away from home lately.

Thought this bet was gone down the drain after the penalty!!! Thats the luckiest I've ever gotten ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Ibra was 15/8 anytime on betfair for future reference.

Yea sorry as I've said before I do tips for my friends website and we have to take bet365 prices, so anything I put tips up there are probably better prices elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

:D
    jebus84 wrote: »
    going for a draw in barca vs psg and bayern win ,double is 5/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

And we thought barca defence couldnt get worse

Masch out for 6 weeks iirc

Could be good for the overs but anything else could be well dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

In the barca match I can see PSG being very cautious in the opening half and not wanting concede first and they have a great goals conceded stat at home in the league of 0.5 goals per game with 68% clean sheets. Every man and his dog knows what to expect from Barcelona - they tire out their opponents by making them chase ghosts and score a few goals in the second half to add to what they scored in the first.

The stats:

In PSGs home Ligue 1 games the average time both of first goal scored and conceded is 50 minutes.

Their 15 minute window with the most goals scored is 75-90 mins (25.9%) - Barcelona 75-90mins is 22.2%

Barcelona have scored exactly half of their goals in each half.

Half with most goals - 2nd @ 2.15 (BetVictor)

Late goals win this in the end. Second leg will be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

7/4 SJ for over 46 booking points in Madrid match looks big. Ref Moen from Norway last three European matches reads 8,5,6.

But saying that Madrid haven't had a home game go over and Gala have had one away which prob explains the high odds but the stakes are higher now and a weak scanny ref could be easily bullied : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

user2011 wrote: »
    7/4 SJ for over 46 booking points in Madrid match looks big. Ref Moen from Norway last three European matches reads 8,5,6.

But saying that Madrid haven't had a home game go over and Gala have had one away which prob explains the high odds but the stakes are higher now and a weak scanny ref could be easily bullied : )

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3eq7i4jOjbLNf0l7vf70YvrnNO1U2mnbpbWQQT9UQAgRiNRYhgg

Any1 else liking Burak Yilmaz at 3/1 anytime 2mrw?? This season's top scorer in the CL along with Ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Any1 else liking Burak Yilmaz at 3/1 anytime 2mrw?? This season's top scorer in the CL along with Ronaldo

I would rather wait for the reverse fixture and hopefully have Galatasaray chasing the game.

Sorry for going slightly OT but can any1 tell me what time Paddy Power shops close at??? It's usually 6 but with the clocks going forward and summer on the way they stay open later

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Sorry for going slightly OT but can any1 tell me what time Paddy Power shops close at??? It's usually 6 but with the clocks going forward and summer on the way they stay open later

Pretty sure it's 6:30 by law unless there is evening racing in Ireland, although its been a while since I've been home in ireland so could be wrong! Used to love when the Friday evening Dundalk races were on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

racing in Dundalk tonight so probably be open late

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Any else think this bet is like printing money ( galatasaray +2 in the hcap betting 7/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭BaneV26

alfalion wrote: »
    Any else think this bet is like printing money ( galatasaray +2 in the hcap betting 7/4

No, I can easily see them losing by 2 or more.

BaneV26 wrote: »
    No, I can easily see them losing by 2 or more.

Yeh but for that bet to lose real would have to win 3-0 more with out response. Or 4-1 if galatasaray score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Yeh but for that bet to lose real would have to win 3-0 more with out response. Or 4-1 if galatasaray score

Is it Asian or european? If its European they just need to win by two if its Asian then yeah they need to win by three.

Asian if Madrid win by two you get your money back

European if Madrid win by two you lose.

First part not so clear lol hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Given the Champions League is Real's sole objective at this stage, and they've rested players for this game whilst Galatasaray have not, I'd say messing around with handicaps against them is playing with fire..certainly not printing money!

user2011 wrote: »
    Is it Asian or european? If its European they just need to win by two if its Asian then yeah they need to win by three.

Just normal so yeh u are prob right , Asian is evens might be a better bet thanks

Benfica v Newcastle
    Benfica are understandable favorites in this quarter final clash against the Magpies at 1/2. The Portuguese outfit are enjoying a fine campaign and are unbeaten in their league this season. When you examine their home record it will make for uncomfortable reading for Newcastle fans (winning 10 of the last 11 at the Estadio de luz and netting 14 goals in their last 3 home games).
    Newcastle have set up extremely defensively away from home in Europe this season. They produced good defensive displays in the last 2 away KO rounds where they managed 0-0 draws against both Metalist and Anzhi) However I think this Benfica team is a cut above anything they have faced to this point. They beat Bayer Leverkusen home and away and did the same thing over Bordeaux.
    Newcastle have been extremely poor in the Premier League away from home this season (losing 9 of the last 11) and were taken apart by a rampant Man City at the weekend. They are only 3 points clear of the relegation zone so you do wonder can Alan Pardew afford to prioritize this game over league survival with a game against a Fulham side in decent form at the weekend.
    Newcastle have fitness concerns over several players. Massadio Haidara, Cheikh Tiote and Fabricio Coloccini could potentially be in contention for at least a place on the bench, but they remain doubts. Benfica are nearly at full strength.
    I think taking everything into account getting involved with Benfica on the handicaps looks the best way forward.
    Benfica -1 at 6/5 - Very strong at home, Newcastle missing players and have a big game at the weekend in the league.

Tottenham v Basel
    After suffering a mini wobble in the league (losing to Liverpool and Fulham) Spurs bounced back in style at the weekend with a great win at Swansea where Gareth Bale produced an outstanding performance, setting up Jan Vertonghen with a superb lobbed pass and then finishing a great chance himself. I fancy Spurs to win this game, I think their mini wobble which included that hiding in the San Siro can be attributed in large to missing Aaron lennon. While not as prolific as Bale he gives the side excellent balance and they don't look the same team when both him and Bale are missing.
    Spurs have won 4/5 home games in the competition while Basel have yet to win away. Again I'd be looking at Spurs on the handicaps and you can get Spurs (-1) at close to even money. They blew Inter away at home in the last round and I think they can beat this Basel side comfortably.
    While Gareth Bale is rightly getting all the plaudits at the moment it might have gone unnoticed but Jan Vertonghen has been showing the form of a centre forward in the last month (4 goals in his last 5 games) including scoring in the last home tie of this competition. He is a very attacking centre forward as seen by his fantastic run and finish for his goal at Swansea at the weekend and he is a major threat from set pieces.
    Tottenham (-1) at 20/21 - Very strong at home, Basel poor away
    Jan Vertonghen anytime at 4/1 - 4 goals in his last 5 games

Chelsea v Rubin Kazan
    I wonder will the effects of all these games begin to show on the Chelsea players. While they seen off a poor Bucharest side 3-1 in the last round they were very poor against Sparta Prague and needed a late Hazard goal to see them off and win the tie.
    I don't know that much about Rubin but they are unbeaten in their 5 away games and they managed to beat the holders Atleti Madrid at their own ground so they must be a decent side. With that in mind and the possible fatigue Chelsea players might be experiencing I think Rubin +1 isn't the worst bet in the world
    Rubin Kazan +1 at 8/5 - Unbeaten away from home in this season's competiton (Managed a draw at the San Siro and beat Atleti Madrid)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

I'd go for cards in the Real Madrid v Galatasaray game tonight..

Real Madrid receive on average 2 yellow cards in every home game in La Liga.. and 2.6 yellows away.
    For red cards.. it's 1 every 5 games for both home and away games.

You can get 11/8 for Madrid to get over 1.5 cards, which seems great value given how competitive the game will be.

In Turkey, Galatasaray games average 49 card points at home and 45.5 card points away.
    In Spain, Real games average 62 card points at home and 59 card points away.

Over 4.5 cards is 6/4.

The referee for tonight has given over 4.5 cards in 4 of his last 5 matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

TG860 wrote: »

Real Madrid receive on average 2 yellow cards in every home game in La Liga.. and 2.6 yellows away.

You can get 11/8 for Madrid to get over 1.5 cards, which seems great value given how competitive the game will be.

In Turkey, Galatasaray games average 49 card points at home and 45.5 card points away.

Over 4.5 cards is 6/4.

Dom RM have any on yellows going into this?

Over 1.5 cards looks good

was in boyles yesterday and it came out over the speakers that they
    are now open till 9.30 everynite
    same must apply to pp so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Given the Champions League is Real's sole objective at this stage, and they've rested players for this game whilst Galatasaray have not, I'd say messing around with handicaps against them is playing with fire..certainly not printing money!

they did not rest anyone at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

This may sound nuts but I quite fancy Galatasaray to give Real a good game tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Marco Reus fgs tempting, he did it in all 3 away cl group games

6/1 or thereabouts

Malaga just are not good enough for Dortmund. They have done well in the CL, very well, but their league form and squad isn't good enough at all, so Dortmund at 13/10 looks nice. But more-so ... William Hill are doing a promotion, 3/1 for a Lewandowski wincast. I'll be backing that.

Nothing really stands out for me tonight though. It wont be a huge stake on that, and I can't seem to find anything else I like worth betting on. Everything for Madrid is too short, makes me wanna back Gala for something.

manual_man wrote: »

6/1 or thereabouts

Even better since Lewandowski might be out.

manual_man wrote: »

6/1 or thereabouts

dont fancy a thing tonite so a small stake on that

small stake on yilmaz anytime as 4s is just too big

bet365s anytime scorer market is a disgrace
    2s yilmaz anytime
    1/5 ron anytime yet 2/5 freely available
    4/9 benzema yet evens can be got

mailburner wrote: »

bet365s anytime scorer market is a disgrace

just got a loyalty bonus from them
    damn I wish there were more bookies like em :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

mailburner wrote: »
    just got a loyalty bonus from them
    damn I wish there were more bookies like em :pac:

got mine too, gone now :D

went for dortmund ht/ft at 3/1 in boyles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

none for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Over 4.5 cards is 6/4.

What bookies has the over 1.5 madrid cards???

Me love loyalty bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Headshot wrote: »
    Me love loyalty bonus

Whats the story with it, do you get a mail saying you have it or do you check yourself?

Any idea what limit needs to be crossed to get it?

• Advertisement

you get a message in the bet365 site and then you have go to your email address to get the offer code

Not sure about limits, all i know it doesnt matter win or lose, you'll get the bonus

maybe ask their live help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Diego López; Essien, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Coentrao; Xabi Alonso, Khedira; Di María, Özil, Cristiano; Benzema

Muslera; Eboué, Dany, Semih, Riera; Altintop, Felipe Melo, Inan, Sneijder; Burak Yilmaz y Drogba.

73x i got that email now since june 2011
    While i do use bet365 the most. i never got anything for free from any other bookie.

I get free bet offers elsewhere but it is usually in the form of: we match your bet with a free bet of the same value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Dortmund 13/10 on pp is tempting.

Can someone explain the signup bonus to me with bet365?? I have 200 that I can put into the account from the off but that doesnt mean I'll get 200 free straight away does it? There's something about playing through 200 a few times then before you can.claim anything or something??

... Also does Lewandowski start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Going big on Galatasaray to get over 2.5 cards at 4/5. Madrid will have lots of the ball tonight and 4/5 for over 2.5 cards for the Turkish team who regularly pick up a lot of cards seems great value

Lewandowski to score for Dortmund anytime 6/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Taking the PP wincast special on Lewandowski @ 3/1 and covering it on him anytime @ 5/4 as Id expect him to score but Malaga are no pushovers at home. Should be a good game though:)

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Taking the PP wincast special on Lewandowski @ 3/1 and covering it on him anytime @ 5/4 as Id expect him to score but Malaga are no pushovers at home. Should be a good game though:)

6/4 anytime with betfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lewandowski to score for Dortmund anytime 6/4

Boyles?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement