Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Anyone out there capable of convincing me not to take Dundee Utd - Ranger (Scottish FA cup) over 2,5 @1.8?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Wigan Athletic v Southampton
    Wigan Athletic: Alcaraz, Fyvie, Piscu, Pollitt, Crusat, Ramis, Miyaichi, Watson
    Southampton: Fonte, Do Prado, Mayuka (all doubtful)
    pick X2

Fulham FC v Manchester United
    Fulham FC: Berbatov, Sidwell, Diarra, Frei, Richardson, Etheridge, Manolev, Enoh
    Manchester United: Young, Fletcher, Keane, Hernandez (doubtful)
    pick 2

Crystal Palace v Charlton Athletic (South London derby)
    Crystal Palace: Jedinak (28/2 m), Moritz (21/5 m) (both doubtful), McCarthy (0/0 d), Ward (18/0 d), Garvan (24/4 m), Dikgacoi (24/4 m)
    Charlton Athletic: Haynes (11/5 f) (doubtful), Hughes (0/0 m)
    pick X2

Milton Keynes Dons v AFC Bournemouth
    Milton Keynes Dons: Kay (22/1 m), MacKenzie (7/0 d), Powell (20/4 f) (doubtful), Bamford (0/0 f), Gleeson (18/3 m), Chadwick (22/6 m)
    AFC Bournemouth: McDermott (6/0 f), Daniels (26/4 m), McQuoid (23/3 f) (doubtful)
    pick X2

Dundee United v Rangers FC
    Dundee United: Skacel (14/1 m) (left the club)
    Rangers FC: Sandaza (12/2 f) (doubtful), McCulloch (18/13 f), Macleod (20/3 m)
    pick 1

Guadalajara v Villarreal CF
    Guadalajara: Zazo (3/0 m), Escalona (2/0 g), Espín (14/0 d), Azkorra (22/7 f), Gaffoor (15/2 d)
    Villarreal CF: Hernán Pérez (15/2 m), Uche (18/6 f, top scorer)
    pick 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Inforfun - AZ looking good again today even the (-1) &6/4?, there in savage form since the break with Altidore banging them in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Have QPR really improved though? So far QPR only managed to get points by parking the bus, against West Ham they tried to play more attacking football but got completely outplayed, and I see Norwich have signed Becchio who scored quite a few goals in the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hellfish08

TheStook wrote: »
    Qpr vs Norwich- Qpr @ 19/20

I can't look past Qpr for this one, Norwich are on terrible form lately and lack any real goalscorer,
    Qpr are off the back of an excellent result against Man City and the signing of Chris Samba will be instrumental for their survival changes, that man won games on his own for Blackburn. Remy is also a huge threat for Norwich and once he finds his feet I reckon he could be fantastic for them.

Also a small punt on BTTS: @ 11/1

Reading vs Sunderland
    West Ham vs Swansea
    Wigan vs Southampton
    Man City vs Liverpool
    Leeds vs Cardiff

If one game lets you down, Paddy Power give you your money back, great offer Imo.

Don't think Samba is available today.

Bastia DNB (vs Evian) @ 1.83

Very important game for Bastia cuz then they play vs PSG and Nice, 2 games they are very likely to lose, so this is their chance to get points. Evian have some good players but their coach sucks and now they're just 1 point above the relegation zone. Bastia usually know how to beat teams from the bottom half of the table, and for once they have no important missings for this game.
    btw there's no home advantage for Bastia here as the game will be played on neutral ground.

The odds on Bastia have risen from 2.35 to 2.65 and Evian are now favourites, not sure why but same thing happened when Bastia played Nancy and they won 4-2.

and now Bastia are favourites again @ 2.45, hopefully that's a good sign.

Radonman wrote: »
    Inforfun - AZ looking good again today even the (-1) &6/4?, there in savage form since the break with Altidore banging them in

Expect them to win comfortably.
    Not too sure about -1 (if that is normal handicap, AH is ok) though, Groningen is capable of scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

inforfun wrote: »
    Anyone out there capable of convincing me not to take Dundee Utd - Ranger (Scottish FA cup) over 2,5 @1.8?

I wouldn't, been watching them all season and I wouldn't feel overly comfortable at that price.

Last meeting in the cup with Dundee was 1-0 Dundee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

he paddy power offer is ongoing every saturday. If one leg of a 5 or more team accy lets you down its a refund. Brilliant offer.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't, been watching them all season and I wouldn't feel overly comfortable at that price.

Last meeting in the cup with Dundee was 1-0 Dundee.
    Thanks.
    Used it in a combo filler which will probably see something else screwing it up anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

100 Schalke -1 ,Utd v Fulham Btts. Greuter shouldn't have much of a chance here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Gonna go wit QPR today too. Norwich are pretty bad on the road and with QPR's recent form, especially their defensiveh record, only 1 goal conceded in 4...which included Spurs, Citeh & Chelski. Can't see them conceding today so I think they'll finally get the home win 'arry's been chasing.

Schalke - Greuther Furth
    Schalke have only lost twice at home this season, scoring 20 goals in 10 games, Furth are firmly rooted to the bottom and have lost 9/5 by one goal or more. whereas Schalke have won 6/10 by 1 or more. Furth are yet to win an away match & have lost last 4 in a row & haven't scored in the last 3. Schalke have only not scored once at home. I can see them mauling Furth today.
    Schalke -1, -1.5 @ 1.88 on Betfair

Hoffenheim - Freiburg
    From the last 5 home games, Hoff have only notched up one point, scoring 4 and conceding 12. Freiburg are unbeaten in their last 6 away games, 3 wins & 3 draws. Over's doesn't look great, 8/10 Hoff games have gone overs, but only 3/9 away Freiburg games have. Freiburg are 2.88 to win in place but I'm going to take the Frieburg AH 0 @ 2.02 on Pinnacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

qpr a more realistic price now at 5/4
    couldnt understand them being a shade of odds on but
    was going for norwich and draw up till that at 1.75(bit short now at 4/6)

I think it'll be a very tight game myself with norwich trying to avoid
    another defeat and qpr...well, i dont know how they are going to
    approach this one but hopefully they wont park the bus given
    how badly they need a win here

if push comes to show id be with norwich draw no bet though at 6/4 (pp)
    or maybe a double norwich double chance with something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TheStook wrote: »
    Qpr vs Norwich- Qpr @ 19/20

I can't look past Qpr for this one, Norwich are on terrible form lately and lack any real goalscorer,
    Qpr are off the back of an excellent result against Man City and the signing of Chris Samba will be instrumental for their survival changes, that man won games on his own for Blackburn. Remy is also a huge threat for Norwich and once he finds his feet I reckon he could be fantastic for them.

You missed the signing of Lucio Becchio then? As it happens he is on teh bench but he'll be on for the last 30 no doubt. No Remy either in the squad for QPR

• Advertisement

took this treble on pp and just under 4s

norwich and draw 8/13
    arse 4/9
    swans dnb 11/10

a 95/1 acca also for a laugh
    swans
    sunder
    norw
    soton

i have a feeling two of more of that four could win today and
    all good odds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I don't know much about German or turkish football, but has the loss of Holtby from Schalke and arrival of Drogba and Sneijder to Galatasary swayed the champions league tie in Galatasary's favour, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Yet again it seems tranmere are being underrated by the bookies. Any reason why I shouldn't back them at home to a bottom half side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Bayern to win with a CS 7/5. Amazingly 8 CS from 9 away games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

elhorse wrote: »
    Yet again it seems tranmere are being underrated by the bookies. Any reason why I shouldn't back them at home to a bottom half side?

Read this and wait for the starting 11s

http://www.teamtalk.co.za/league-one/8460755/Tranmere-v-Carlisle-preview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

Bursapor v Galatasaray over 2.5 =1.73
    Antayaspor v Istambul over 2.5 = 2
    = 3.46 for the double.

The Turkish teams do like to score goals, This looks good value. € 10 on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for Ba to score against his former club 1/1

On phone so can't do my normal write up but having researched it can't look past Arsenal Everton double at 1.86
    going big enough.
    Also going to do two smaller wincasts
    Baines wincast at 7/2
    Cabaye wincast 11/1
    Gluck guys

giroud anytime looks awful good to me at 10/11 (havent shopped around though)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Ultra defensive lineup from Stoke.

Arsenal to win & under 2.5 goals @ 5/2 with Bet365 looks good value.

Papiss Cissé anytime @ 2.80 looks good too

Gone for Ba and Giroud to score anytime.

Both singles

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

Bastia DNB, Man U, Schalke treble 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Araone89

Hi lads long time lurker first time poster so here it goes. Man U + real double with pp 50 returns 110

Shane St. wrote: »

everton have ruined day at least this won. one to keep an eye on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Very important game for Bastia cuz then they play vs PSG and Nice, 2 games they are very likely to lose, so this is their chance to get points. Evian have some good players but their coach sucks and now they're just 1 point above the relegation zone. Bastia usually know how to beat teams from the bottom half of the table, and for once they have no important missings for this game.
    btw there's no home advantage for Bastia here as the game will be played on neutral ground.

The odds on Bastia have risen from 2.35 to 2.65 and Evian are now favourites, not sure why but same thing happened when Bastia played Nancy and they won 4-2.
    I backed them at 5 to 6 PP dnb ,came close with my ew racing punt today beaten a neck at 7s so if Bastia deliver it will make the few pints in my local tonight taste all the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Bayern Munich have to be the most reliable team out there atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

United -1 7/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ultra defensive lineup from Stoke.

Arsenal to win & under 2.5 goals @ 5/2 with Bet365 looks good value.

Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Schalke - Greuther Furth
    Schalke have only lost twice at home this season, scoring 20 goals in 10 games, Furth are firmly rooted to the bottom and have lost 9/5 by one goal or more. whereas Schalke have won 6/10 by 1 or more. Furth are yet to win an away match & have lost last 4 in a row & haven't scored in the last 3. Schalke have only not scored once at home. I can see them mauling Furth today.
    Schalke -1, -1.5 @ 1.88 on Betfair

Hoffenheim - Freiburg
    From the last 5 home games, Hoff have only notched up one point, scoring 4 and conceding 12. Freiburg are unbeaten in their last 6 away games, 3 wins & 3 draws. Over's doesn't look great, 8/10 Hoff games have gone overs, but only 3/9 away Freiburg games have. Freiburg are 2.88 to win in place but I'm going to take the Frieburg AH 0 @ 2.02 on Pinnacle.

:mad::mad::mad:
    Really sorry if any of ye were on these lads, cannot belive Schalke threw the game away and Frieburg were leading too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Radonman wrote: »

Had thought that AZ would win this as well. With their recent form, I expected this to be a formality.

FT 0-0 Bastia were the better team especially in the 1st half but just couldn't score :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

FT 0-0 Bastia were the better team especially in the 1st half but just couldn't score :pac:
    Glad I was on DNB for that one. Had been following the livestats on William Hill, and seemed to be on top.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Glad I was on DNB for that one. Had been following the livestats on William Hill, and seemed to be on top.

Yea the first half was very one sided and they even hit the post, pity they couldn't score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

:mad::mad::mad:
    Really sorry if any of ye were on these lads, cannot belive Schalke threw the game away and Frieburg were leading too :(
    Just for the future reference - current Schalke coach has one of the worst record of all coaches in Bundesliga history. Difficult to believe he actually got any better.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Had thought that AZ would win this as well. With their recent form, I expected this to be a formality.

I got 2 screenshots for you:

14189364.jpg

11 shots on target (I think they had the same amount off target) 16 corners 63% possession.

granc.jpg

That is football for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    FAI Junior Cup this weekend.

My home club, Tullamore Town, play in Limerick against Regional United. Tullamore are 5/1 with Boyles and worth a bet. Tullamore Town are 100/1 with Boyles to win it out, Regional are 40/1. Last weekend Tullamore beat a strong Collinstown team 3-1, Collinstown are 20/1 to win the FAI Junior Cup so are a strong side.

Price has dropped from 5/1 to 5/2 now. Kick off at 2:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions
    Genoa v Lazio
    Genoa: Jankovic (13/3 f), Vargas (9/0 m), Floro Flores (4/0 f), Antonelli (19/0 d)
    Lazio: Ederson (5/1 m), Candreva (21/4 m), Hernanes (21/8 m), Biava (21/1 d), Dias (16/0 d), Onazi (4/0 m)
    pick 1

SC Olhanense v Académica Coimbra
    SC Olhanense: Thalles (0/0 f), Pepe (0/0 f), Lucas Sousa (0/0 m) (all newcomers), Fernando Alexandre (14/1 m), Piloto (8/1 m), Abdi (13/4 f), Ivanildo (9/2 m), Yontcha (12/1 f), Babanco (11/0 m), David Silva (9/1 m), Djaniny (8/0 f)
    Académica Coimbra: Rodrigo Galo (10/0 d), Wilson Eduardo (12/3 f)
    pick 2

Atlético Madrid v Real Betis
    Atlético Madrid: Falcao (18/18) (doubtful), Filipe Luis (18/0 d)
    Real Betis: Juan Carlos (14/0 m), Alex (8/0 d), Pozuelo (9/1 m), Ángel (3/0 d), Nosa (9/0 m), Eder Vilarchao (1/0 m)
    pick 1

Real Sociedad v Real Mallorca
    Real Sociedad: Bergara (13/0 m), De la Bella (21/2 d), Zurutuza (11/1 m)
    Real Mallorca: Aouate (20/0 first goalkeeper), Joao Víctor (7/0 m), Antonio López (6/0 d), Pina (21/0 m), Bigas (16/1 d)
    pick 1

Eskişehirspor v Mersin İdmanyurdu
    Eskişehirspor: Ateş (16/10 f, top scorer), Akaminko (13/0 d)
    Mersin İdmanyurdu: Barış (7/1 d), Toscalı (8/0 d), Yattara (4/0 m), Gosso (0/0 m), Boum (11/0 d), Yıldız (1/0 f), Ben Yahia (16/2 m), İpek (0/0 m), Keçeli (16/1 d)
    pick 1

Trabzonspor v Gaziantepspor
    Trabzonspor: Zengin (4/0 g), Zokora (15/0 m), Bamba (11/0 d), Yavru (6/0 m)
    Gaziantepspor: Dağ (18/1 d), Pehlivan (14/0 m) (both doubtful), Özbayraktar (11/1 f), Demir (10/1 f), Gülle (11/1 m), Traore (0/0 m)
    pick 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Came across these stat on Twitter..

Bale 8/10 goals this season have come away from home 2/1 anytime PP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Luis Suarez anytime 2.96

• Advertisement

small stake on both of these as i don't trust spurs and are too
    short to win away to brom when their last two aways were draws
    against norwich and qpr

two draws 12/1 (365) looks a possibility to me
    suarez/bale anytime double at slightly under 6/1 (365)
    might be better out there though as i havent shopped around

Tottenham to win corner match bet @ evens and (-1) @ 6/4 with PP - we all know what Tottenham are like for corners so it's an obvious bet for me
    Man City a great price too to win corner match bet 5/6 - they dominate at home against most teams let alone an indifferent Liverpool

cant look past a city win today. they have to win

cant look past a city win today. they have to win
    Have to agree with you - my money is already on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

nigeria vs Ivory coast

from both teams performances so far..the logic says that Ivory coast to win at generous odds of 10/11

the only thing worrying me is that i thought ivory coast wud be much highly priced to win it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement