Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Willem II - Feyenoord

Tonny Vilhena any time @7,5

Lex Immers is suspended and being replaced by Vormer.
    This mean Vilhena will play behind Pelle

Might be a chance he ll take penalties as well, it will be either Pelle or Vilhena for the penalties from now on after Immers missed for the 2nd time this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    Tottenham to win corner match bet @ evens and (-1) @ 6/4 with PP - we all know what Tottenham are like for corners so it's an obvious bet for me
    Man City a great price too to win corner match bet 5/6 - they dominate at home against most teams let alone an indifferent Liverpool
    Winner winner :) , now all I need is City to do the business

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

The ref in the City v Pool game is card happy (15 Matches Y30, R5, 2.33 cards per game)

Man City is the second most active team for committing fouls in the Premiershop - Liverpool are 11th

Suárez has the most yellow cards this season of all tplayers involved

No idea what to bet on (cardwise) - but I am afraid this ref is going to ruin some bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

city v pool

Gone for over goal line 3

Huge game for both teams and with missing in the defence, we should see an open game tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dahat wrote: »
    Came across these stat on Twitter..

Bale 8/10 goals this season have come away from home 2/1 anytime PP

Doubled with Suarez at 15/8,small stakes.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Burkina Faso vs Togo

0-0 @ 5.50
    1-1 @ 5.00

Both teams are unbeaten in this ACN and there's a place in the semi-final at stake here so it should really be an underish game but the odds on under 2.5 are too low. The Togo GK is one of the best keepers in the French league, I'd be really surprised if this game didn't go under 2.5

Shane St. wrote: »
    cant look past a city win today. they have to win

And Carragher starting for pool makes it all the better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Man City v Liverpool
    Over 12 Corners 7/5

And Carragher starting for pool makes it all the better

City defence not much better with Lescott and Nastasic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Burkina Faso vs Togo

0-0 @ 5.50
    1-1 @ 5.00

Both teams are unbeaten in this ACN and there's a place in the semi-final at stake here so it should really be an underish game but the odds on under 2.5 are too low. The Togo GK is one of the best keepers in the French league, I'd be really surprised if this game didn't go under 2.5

another good bet in the same game...is Togo to qualify at 4/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Suarez 6-1 for first goal not a Liverpool fan but it looks a decent bet in my opinion.....

inforfun wrote: »
    Willem II - Feyenoord

Tonny Vilhena any time @7,5

Lex Immers is suspended and being replaced by Vormer.
    This mean Vilhena will play behind Pelle

Might be a chance he ll take penalties as well, it will be either Pelle or Vilhena for the penalties from now on after Immers missed for the 2nd time this season
    Yaaaayyy me.

magherakid wrote: »
    Man City v Liverpool
    Over 12 Corners 7/5

boom in with 30mins till go :D:D

Headshot wrote: »
    city v pool

Gone for over goal line 3

Huge game for both teams and with missing in the defence, we should see an open game tbh

get the **** in

such an awful keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Andre Ayew anytime @ 7/5 in the Marseille/Nancy game. Playing the bottom team and should be an open game. Playing up front with Gignac in support so he should have a few chances to add to his few goals of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Olympique Marseille and Benfica might be a decent double, both playing bottom of league opposition at home

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Andre Ayew anytime @ 7/5 in the Marseille/Nancy game. Playing the bottom team and should be an open game. Playing up front with Gignac in support so he should have a few chances to add to his few goals of late

Careful, he's playing in central midfield tonight

OM : Mandanda - Fanni, Diawara, Nkoulou, Mendes - Amalfitano, Barton, A. Ayew - J. Ayew, Gignac, Valbuena

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

card market in the Milan game might be worth watching
    Ref has sent off 10 in his 9 Serie A games this season

mike65 wrote: »
    Olympique Marseille and Benfica might be a decent double, both playing bottom of league opposition at home

Benfica (-2) @ 10/11 - they covered that the last 3 league meeting - also gonna watch this one so i hope there is no goals till after 10mins or so for some in running betting

• Advertisement

I normally would not promote another tipster but ive been following this guy (i presume) for a while and well he's sheet hot - i'd even pay this guy at this stage. Well worth a look folks. He plays high odds and seems to know his stuff

http://www.betrush.com/tipster,1126.html

Burkina Faso vs Togo

0-0 @ 5.50
    1-1 @ 5.00

Big shout LD well done

Benfica (-2) @ 10/11 - they covered that the last 3 league meeting - also gonna watch this one so i hope there is no goals till after 10mins or so for some in running betting

Of course Benfica score after 5 mins :eek:

Sweet as :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Las thoughts on Monaco tommorow? Will they have many on International duty?

All the players are available except for their left back who's suspended, their 3 new signings are in the squad as well.

Time to stop betting on the German league ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21319807

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Netherlands v Italy - 19:30 Wednesday, 6th February

Players including Maarten Stekelenburg, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart and Arjen Robben have all been left out of the Netherlands squad while Italy travel to Amsterdam with a very strong squad comprised of six Juventus players named by Prandelli, while AC Milan has five stars involved in the squad.

International Friendly - Netherlands v Italy - Italy to win or draw 1.75 (Bet365)

Italian squad:
    Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Marchetti (Lazio), Sirigu (Paris St Germain); Abate (AC Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Barzagli (Juventus), Gastaldello (Sampdoria), Peluso (Juventus), Ranocchia (Inter Milan), Santon (Newcastle); Candreva (Lazio), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Florenzi (Roma), Giaccherini (Juventus), Montolivo (AC Milan), Nocerino (AC Milan), Pirlo (Juventus), Verratti (Paris St Germain); Balotelli (AC Milan), El Shaarawy (AC Milan), Gilardino (Bologna), Giovinco (Juventus), Osvaldo (Roma)

Netherlands squad:Goalkeepers: Kenneth Vermeer (Ajax), Michel Vorm (Swansea City), Tim Krul (Newcastle United).
    Defenders: Daley Blind (Ajax), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Joris Mathijsen (Feyenoord), Ricardo van Rhijn (Ajax), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord).
    Midfielders: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Marco van Ginkel (Vitesse), Jonathan de Guzman (Swansea City), Adam Maher (AZ), Kevin Strootman (PSV).
    Forwards: Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Ola John (Benfica), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahce), Jeremain Lens (PSV), Robin van Persie (Manchester United)

Monaco @ 1.90

and small bets on 0-0 @ 6.00 and 1-1 @ 5.25

I'm backing Monaco today for several reasons:
    -their central midfielder Coulibaly is not in the squad today, he is AWFUL, his absence is great news
    -they've signed Medjani a solid CB from Ajaccio
    -they need to win cuz they're 3 pts below Nantes with a game in hand, they usually know how to win such games but struggle to win when they're already at the top of the table.
    - Arles-Avignon are ****, they're a defensive team that play with 5 at the back, and have the worst attack in the league. The best they can hope for is 0-0 or 1-1
    - Monaco won the corresponding fixture 3-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

All aboard the Monaco bandwagon then. Think I know how this will end...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

1860 munich vs kaiserslautern...small stake at a draw 21/10

Monaco @ 1.90

-they've signed Medjani a solid CB from Ajaccio

and he's on the bench :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

got a free bet from Betfair so gonna follow the crowd with a 20 euro double on Italy and Monaco fingers crossed!

Sweeden V Argentina - both are last 4/5 over 2.5 goals, this is available generally @ evens. From what i have read Ibra, aguero, Messi will all be available - Max bet for me

Monaco @ 1.90

Get in!! :D

Double
    Armenia v Luxembourg
    Armenia 8/15

Ballymena v Donegal Celtic
    Ballymena 8/15

Netherlands v Italy - 19:30 Wednesday, 6th February

Players including Maarten Stekelenburg, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart and Arjen Robben have all been left out of the Netherlands squad while Italy travel to Amsterdam with a very strong squad comprised of six Juventus players named by Prandelli, while AC Milan has five stars involved in the squad.

International Friendly - Netherlands v Italy - Italy to win or draw 1.75 (Bet365)

Italian squad:
    Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Marchetti (Lazio), Sirigu (Paris St Germain); Abate (AC Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Barzagli (Juventus), Gastaldello (Sampdoria), Peluso (Juventus), Ranocchia (Inter Milan), Santon (Newcastle); Candreva (Lazio), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Florenzi (Roma), Giaccherini (Juventus), Montolivo (AC Milan), Nocerino (AC Milan), Pirlo (Juventus), Verratti (Paris St Germain); Balotelli (AC Milan), El Shaarawy (AC Milan), Gilardino (Bologna), Giovinco (Juventus), Osvaldo (Roma)

Netherlands squad:Goalkeepers: Kenneth Vermeer (Ajax), Michel Vorm (Swansea City), Tim Krul (Newcastle United).
    Defenders: Daley Blind (Ajax), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Joris Mathijsen (Feyenoord), Ricardo van Rhijn (Ajax), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord).
    Midfielders: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Marco van Ginkel (Vitesse), Jonathan de Guzman (Swansea City), Adam Maher (AZ), Kevin Strootman (PSV).
    Forwards: Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Ola John (Benfica), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahce), Jeremain Lens (PSV), Robin van Persie (Manchester United)
    045c0b59-e272-43e5-a5d0-2cb39cc5df3a_ned_ita.jpg

Dutch starting 11 for Italy tomorrow.
    No team yet for Italy apart from the news that Balotelli will start.

If it wasnt a friendly i would put money on sendig offs for Balotelli and Martins Indi.

Btw, Huntelaar has left the squad and is replaced by Robben.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I think Poland are decent value on Wednesday 2/1 Lewandowski and Blaschezkhowski are named in the squad and will expectedly start, there arguably on a par with the Greek side we lost to 0-1 in November and trap has given Sammon his debut NOW can't understand the reasoning behind that?!..Polish will likely have a large fanbase not too far off ours and they'll create some atmosphere and probably take up all the seating behind the south stand. I think they'll beat us,that is a pretty weak and untried Irish back 4 ,Lewndowski should do damage.I reckon there worth the punt, they beat us in Croker in 08 aswell when they werent as strong a side,I'd back any top 40 team in a friendly against us at the minute especially with traps record in Friendly matches against half decent opposition. Only a friendly but Poland are worth a punt , not far off a home match for the Polish definitely a winnable game against that Irish xi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

I'm back after an eventful few days of being banned :pac: . Great tip for Monaco last night, took them in a DNB double with Italy tomorrow. Italy could represent value depending on lineups!

Was disappointed I couldn't post about Paddypower offering 5/6 for Balotelli to score over 6.5 goals this season which I lumped on, got off to a great start too! Not a sure thing but represented good value imo! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'm back after an eventful few days of being banned :pac: . Great tip for Monaco last night, took them in a DNB double with Italy tomorrow. Italy could represent value depending on lineups!

Was disappointed I couldn't post about Paddypower offering 5/6 for Balotelli to score over 6.5 goals this season which I lumped on, got off to a great start too! Not a sure thing but represented good value imo! :cool:
    Good to see you back chap...twas a mess alright

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

:D

Brothers eh:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Lass D any thoughts on Guingamp/Angers. I'm looking at overs market but cant convince myself of the value. Guingamp have been involved in some high scoring games against like minded teams Just wondering about Angers strategy away from home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    :D

Brothers eh:pac:

Hahaha , wouldn't be the first time! :pac: The one benefit to all this was that I've only just realised the soccer forum is quite good! :D

Btw I say a few of yous mention it a few days ago. Cheers for trying to help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Swindon are apparently only bringing 13 players to Colchester tonight so even though they are favourites I think the odds on Colchester are a bit high @ 3.75 at home. They are also on the back of a to game winning streak and a win tonight could put some distance between them and the relegation zone..

I'm gonna go with Colchester +1 @ 1.70
    and a small bet on Colchester -1 @11

Few pennies on Di Canio next forest manager 10/1

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Lass D any thoughts on Guingamp/Angers. I'm looking at overs market but cant convince myself of the value. Guingamp have been involved in some high scoring games against like minded teams Just wondering about Angers strategy away from home?

no idea tbh, the only teams I trust in that league are Lens cuz they play Barcelona-like football, Le Havre cuz they have a highly rated manager and Monaco sometimes. With the other teams, anything can happen imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

What do we think of Cliftonville and port vale double

magherakid wrote: »
    Few pennies on Di Canio next forest manager 10/1

Coral cut into 9/2 now still 8/1 with bet365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

greenman09 wrote: »

Looks good, seen it tipped elsewhere earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Scotland v Estonia

Scotland -1 asian @2.05 LARGE STAKE

Scotland new manager in charge and Estonia are absolute poison they scraped a 1-0 to Andorra, say no more.

Gone for this

tGhk5wg.png

Worth a small stake. They are friendlies after all and they are dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

greenman09 wrote: »

Easy 5 - 0 and 3 - 0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement