Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gynecomastia/male boobs: how effective will surgery be?

Options
  • 19-01-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a teacher and I've had "male boobs" since I was about 12 or 13 years of age. For some reason, in the past few years they are more noticeable than ever, even though I'm 10kg lighter now than I was at the start of 2012. However, I still need to lost 12kg before a surgeon will see me in a general hospital.

The problem is now, however, my work. I recurrently get abuse for being "fat" generally and having "boobs" specifically. When reported, the students are suspended for a few days. Much more, however, is muttered under their breath and denied when questioned. It reached its nadir two weeks ago when a bra was left hanging from my car door window. I have my suspicions about who did it, especially by the tittering from the students in question the next day. But that's neither here nor there, just an indicator of how this is exacerbating my working environment.

At this stage, I just want to get a loan out and have this gynecomastia surgery done privately because with public health waiting lists it will be years before I get seen.

Does anybody know how successful this surgery is?
    Would it be less successful because I haven't lost the additional 12kg in weight?

All feedback and experiences will be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

There no magic pill, even if you get the chest you want you will find your students are still there and there is still issues to deal with, I would advise finding ways of liking yourself and improving how you see yourself.

As for your weight issue and the outcome of the procedure the only person I'd be listening to is the surgeon.

Good luck.

Advertisement