Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's Bars -Calisthenics Bodyweight Training

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bar Clan

ferike1 wrote: »
    Big news everyone, we have been asked by the OPW to put together a business proposal for a potential installation of Calisthenics equipment in Phoenix Park.

We will be working on this over the next week and we could really use your support. If you haven't already liked our facebook page please do. The more interest we can drum up for this the better chance we have for this to actually happen!

https://www.facebook.com/PaddysBars?ref=hl

Great stuff, any way we can help from our end just shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Big news everyone, we have been asked by the OPW to put together a business proposal for a potential installation of Calisthenics equipment in Phoenix Park.

We will be working on this over the next week and we could really use your support. If you haven't already liked our facebook page please do. The more interest we can drum up for this the better chance we have for this to actually happen!

https://www.facebook.com/PaddysBars?ref=hl
    That is awesome news guys. Hopefully words will become actions on their behalf. Good luck with it. I hope you get exactly what you need and want...or at the very least what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cr17

Fair Play lads, will get on and like. Spent some time in Rio and they have a great running path beside the 2 main beaches with sets of these bars every 500m. Would love to see them in th phoenix park. not me in pic.
    beach-gym.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

every 500meters:eek: lucky fcuks.

Were going to be very specific with our proposal and show them exactly what we want. Were going to get a quote on something fabricated to our specifications and also from the outdoor companies. Some of the outdoor companies that do installation packages have a lot of equipment that wouldn't really be used. The installations go by square meter of concrete poured so we can try and keep costs down by getting rid of the crap stuff. What they have in Ballyfermot is 3 pull-up bars in a kind of square, which would only take up 1 square meter instead of having 3 spread out side by side so fabrication may be the way to go cost wise too.

Safety is an issue we may face from the Phoenix Park and they may want that rubber flooring around the equipment. I priced it and its ridiculously expensive but hopefully they will go along with our proposal and if they want they rubber flooring that's up to them to fund the extra costs. Cabinteely, Ballyfermot and Lucan have no rubber flooring so we'll just have to wait and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

One of our members got a bar muscle up!

Progress!

Ballyfermot this Saturday @ 9:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dunno what I'm more impressed with, the muscle up or that chinup bar!

How the hell is it anchored, whats it made of. I wanted to do something similar but figured anchoring it would be very difficult, especially if you were jumping onto it like him.

rubadub wrote: »
    Dunno what I'm more impressed with, the muscle up or that chinup bar!

How the hell is it anchored, whats it made of. I wanted to do something similar but figured anchoring it would be very difficult, especially if you were jumping onto it like him.

I'll take credit for that construction. It's a scaffold pole and I anchored it to the roof of the shed. It's fairly solid. I also made him this bad boy. You can't see it in the pict but I drilled it into the ground at the feet and drilled in L brackets onto the wall. Solid as fook.

Ant11 wrote: »
    I'll take credit for that construction. It's a scaffold pole and I anchored it to the roof of the shed. It's fairly solid. I also made him this bad boy. You can't see it in the pict but I drilled it into the ground at the feet and drilled in L brackets onto the wall. Solid as fook.

How does he get into his shed?

gvn wrote: »
    How does he get into his shed?

That's an old door. Has new one the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

There are a good few bars and stuff in Tymon Park lads, you should head out and have a look! They are close to the entrance beside the Spawell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'll take credit for that construction. It's a scaffold pole and I anchored it to the roof of the shed. It's fairly solid. I also made him this bad boy.
    Very nice. I got some nice bars off an old climbing frame being thrown out. If you have a solid structure to work with it can be easy enough to make something stable.

Would anyone be interested in meeting here?

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=53.295029,-6.218283&hl=en&num=1&t=m&z=16

It's the deer park near Dundrum. If there is enough interest I could organise a class there for people who think Ballyfermot/Cabinteely is a bit too far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I use to drop into Deer Park a couple of years ago to use the bars there.
    I'd love to drop up and see what you guys do.

Anyone interested, I will be in the Deer Park next Tuesday at 20:00 for a mid week class. All welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

Anyone interested, I will be in the Deer Park next Tuesday at 20:00 for a mid week class. All welcome.

I'll call up its beside me, although I haven't got much skills on the bars beside a few pull-ups ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

This is a great Thread and what a great way to get out of the house and meet new people. unfortunetly I cannot avail of the Service,As i live in the country,so its..... Swinging from trees and lifting Sheep for My exercise,I do get lonely tho..... ;-)

Fair play lads.

Next session will be at the Deer park near Dundrum on Thursday @ 20:00. By the dip bars behind the tennis courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Snif snif... Even Dundrum is too far for me... The closest will be Ballyfermot but no idea where it is...never been there..

Snif snif... Even Dundrum is too far for me... The closest will be Ballyfermot but no idea where it is...never been there..

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=53.34635%2C-6.352977&hl=en&ll=53.345966%2C-6.351557&spn=0.013681%2C0.027595&num=1&t=m&z=15

Here's Ballyfermot. Can't miss it opposite the fas building. There also a map on our Facebook page. Will be training there on Sat morning. Will keep you posted on the time.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=53.34635%2C-6.352977&hl=en&ll=53.345966%2C-6.351557&spn=0.013681%2C0.027595&num=1&t=m&z=15

Here's Ballyfermot. Can't miss it opposite the fas building. There also a map on our Facebook page. Will be training there on Sat morning. Will keep you posted on the time.

Thanks alot...will try to make it on saturday morning..

• Advertisement

Thanks alot...will try to make it on saturday morning..

Are you driving? If not we may be able to organise a lift for ya.

Are you driving? If not we may be able to organise a lift for ya.
    Yes I am driving...will try to find you on time :D
    just on a side note,upperbody is quite weak..so I might go easy..

Yes I am driving...will try to find you on time :D
    just on a side note,upperbody is quite weak..so I might go easy..

That's no problem at all, it's not a competition. There is a wide variety of strength amongst our group. Some of the stronger people are weaker at L-sits for example. We all have strengths and weakness'.

Unless it is absolutely lashing, the deer park is still on tonight!

So as it goes from calm to lashing in a second, class will no longer be on tonight. Sorry folks!

As Ferike1 has said unfortunately training was cancelled tonight due to the weather. Training will resume as normal this Saturday in Ballyfermot at 10am.

Adventure Pout hope to see you there.

Adventure Pout hope to see you there.
    Will be there.. :P

Great session today, we had 11 up despite the weather. We even had more women than men. 2 regulars missing too.

It was class alright and people are making great progress too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Fair play lads, videos look good. Any more luck with the OPW?

Advertisement