Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm

Options
  • 19-01-2013 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've had the alarm since late 2006.
    In April 2010 it started to go off randomly when not set.
    Called the crowd who put it in. They changed the battery and a couple of sensors and it's been okay since.

This evening it has gone off twice when not set.
    It says zone 1 (front door) but bell as the fault and call engineer. So I'm wondering it it could just be the battery again seeing as it's nearly 3 years since the last one?

In the mean time if it keeps going off is there a way to disable it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

No, that is not the battery.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its saying zone 1 Bell Fault that's the internal siren.
    If you disconnect the internal siren that should stop it for now.
    Do you have the engineer code for this system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

KoolKid wrote: »
    If its saying zone 1 Bell Fault that's the internal siren.
    If you disconnect the internal siren that should stop it for now.
    Do you have the engineer code for this system?

No, don't have the engineer code. Thankfully it hasn't gone off again since. If it does is there much to disconnecting the internal siren? And could it just be a once off thing or is it best to get someone out?

Edit: Don't know if it matters but also noticed the faults are no longer showing in the memory.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To disconnect the internal turn the plastic screw at the front 90 degrees & the internal will pull away from its base.
    Generally these problems come back at some stage. The first thing to check would be the connections at the internal & in the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

KoolKid wrote: »
    To disconnect the internal turn the plastic screw at the front 90 degrees & the internal will pull away from its base.
    Generally these problems come back at some stage. The first thing to check would be the connections at the internal & in the panel.

Okay, thanks again. I'm not at all familiar with alarms but I'll check the panel for any loose connections. If it does come back if anyone knows of someone reasonable in north county Dublin please send me on contact details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement