Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC filtering some MAC addresses?

• 19-01-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

A few days ago, internet stopped working on my computer.
    Even though the wifi worked (I can connect to the UPC EPC2425 router), i couldn't connect either with WIndows, linux or even my android phone. But the weird thing is that the Ipod works. Rebooting and resetting the router didn't do anything.

After changing my MAC address, the connection started working again, but only for a day... I had to change it again to post this thread...

Do you think UPC could do some kind of MAC filtering? Any reason why or how can I change that..?
    I couldn't see anything weird in the router web interface.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Log on to your router, and change your password.

Then check your mac filters in your router.

It will depend on what make/model router you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kaaylim

Thanks for your answer. I already reset the router and nothing was in the mac filters settings. I dont really want to change the password as many people are on the same connection and we use the default one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kaaylim

Problem solved.

I noticed that the devices that didn't work had an ip address like 192.168.100.x instead of 192.168.1.x

I found the solution thanks to this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73709013
    Apparently somebody must have plug an Ethernet cable from the tv decoder to the router....

I still don't understand why some connections did work while others didn't but hey, it works now!

Advertisement