Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to changed anologue timer

Options
  • 19-01-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Looking to change out an anologue timer for a digital timer. The one I have is a 2channel but I only need to use one channel as I dont have any motorised valves for HW. Can anyone tell me where existing cables go into new timer
    Thanks

Anologue apt timer
    1=Black from boiler (live out)
    2=Black from boiler & brown from fused spur (live in)
    3=Blue from boiler & blue from fused spur (neutrals)

Digital timer
    As per pics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

1 live out connects to 4 on new clock
    2 live in connects to L on new clock(both brown and black wires here)
    3 neutral connects to N on new clock(both blue wires here)

looking at your pictures
    if you swap the fuse spur unit to the left box and the timer to the right you may get a neater finish as you may not get the timer to fit between the socket and the fused spur unit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks Meercat;), may have to relocate new timer to the wall to the right on a surface box as the back box on the new timer is on the left as you look at it (apt timer side) so would cover fused spur.

cubix wrote: »
    Thanks Meercat;), may have to relocate new timer to the wall to the right on a surface box as the back box on the new timer is on the left as you look at it (apt timer side) so would cover fused spur.
    Put the new clock over the twin socket
    You will need to remove socket to do this
    Then fit clock and tighten screws underneath as you can't do this when socket is fitted
    Refit socket
    Do all connections behind old clock and fit a single blank plate

Turn power off before doing any work though

Advertisement