Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dimplex westcott8, bilberry 8kw or waterford stanley

Options
  • 19-01-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

hi, im currently considerin upgrading from an open fire to a medium size non boiler 7-9 kw stove to heat sitting room as well as adjoining room separated by double doors. I also want to leave door to hall open to heat up also.

I think im limited to multifuel stoves with depths of less than 480mm as hearth goes out to 480mm. The ones ive seen so far that would fit are the dimplex westcott 8, bilberry 8kw and waterford stanley oisin or oscar stoves.....could anyone advise me on how good these are (or arent) please and which would be best??Id appreciate it if ye can advise any others that would suit my situation considerin the size of the hearth also thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭boiler break downs

LillySV wrote: »
    hi, im currently considerin upgrading from an open fire to a medium size non boiler 7-9 kw stove to heat sitting room as well as adjoining room separated by double doors. I also want to leave door to hall open to heat up also.

I think im limited to multifuel stoves with depths of less than 480mm as hearth goes out to 480mm. The ones ive seen so far that would fit are the dimplex westcott 8, bilberry 8kw and waterford stanley oisin or oscar stoves.....could anyone advise me on how good these are (or arent) please and which would be best??Id appreciate it if ye can advise any others that would suit my situation considerin the size of the hearth also thanks
    What every size stove you go for you must have 12 inches of heart in front of it.unless you have tiles.also if you have a wooden surrounding it has a minimal distance depending on kw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

well it is a wooden floor and i know what your thinkin but my plan will be not to take chances with puttin fuel in from day one!!nothing dropped! ;p ..whats your thoughts on them stoves anyways or ya know a better one?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭boiler break downs

LillySV wrote: »
    well it is a wooden floor and i know what your thinkin but my plan will be not to take chances with puttin fuel in from day one!!nothing dropped! ;p ..whats your thoughts on them stoves anyways or ya know a better one?
    The bilberry or mulberry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Posted at the top of the page would have got you more replies, or do you think your stove enquiry requires a lone thread.

you reckon the bilberry is the better one so?

• Advertisement

Posted at the top of the page would have got you more replies, or do you think your stove enquiry requires a lone thread.

what ya on about?

Advertisement