Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic churches near Mary Immaculate College

• 19-01-2013 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭

Hi so I'm living near Mary I and I want to know of the churches in the locality... I'm only new to the area so I don't know of the place well enough. So I was wondering are there any churches near the area. If you could provide names of the churches I could probably do the rest myself.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

A few minutes down the road is the Redemptorists also known as The Father's

http://www.redemptoristslimerick.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Brilliant, thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Afaik, St Joseph's would be the parish church and may offer alternative times to the Fathers. St. Joseph's church is closer to the city, on O'Connell Ave, near South's pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's mass in MIC most weekdays during term time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not to sound like a smart arse, but if you walk down the road from Mary I, you can't help but notice the Redemptorists, or "The Father's" as it's known, and St. Joseph's down the road. Surely you wouldn't have missed those living near Mary I????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

True that and I have known of those two but I wasn't certain whether they were Catholic or not. Tbh I never took note of the name of the churches or anything like that but yeah cheers everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

TheComeUp wrote: »
    True that and I have known of those two but I wasn't certain whether they were Catholic or not. Tbh I never took note of the name of the churches or anything like that but yeah cheers everyone.

A good trick for telling the difference, catholic churches generally have a pointed spire, and protestant churches usually have a flat roofed tower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

source wrote: »
    A good trick for telling the difference, catholic churches generally have a pointed spire, and protestant churches usually have a flat roofed tower.

RC churches will have a cross on top also, while Prodestant ones do not.

Advertisement