Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about Tables

Options
  • 19-01-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

HI,

I am trying to write a contact details table in HTML but the address field is aligned further right than the contact details. Can someone have a look and see what I've done wrong?
    <table border="1" cellpadding="10">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td><strong>Address</td>
    <td>:</td>
    <Td>address line 1<br> address line 2<br> address line 3<br> address line 4<br> address line 5</td>
    </tr>
    <table border="1" cellpadding="10">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td><strong>Phone</strong></td>
    <td>01-8888888</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td><strong>Mobile</strong></td>
    <td>087-888888</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

You seem to have missed a closing tag on <strong>. But most curiously, you have multiple <td></td> sections in a row (<tr></tr>. You've also missed two closing </table> tags.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

also...dont use tables unless you are displaying tabular data!
    Ideally you would group related information together in blocks (div & span) and then style them via css.

HTML is markup, its what you want to display, css should be used to control how that data looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'll take another look so. Thanks.

shout if you need a hand

I should probably have said I am using Wordpress to do this.

• Advertisement

shouldnt be an issue...are you writing the html yourself or via some designer?

I'm writing it myself using the Wordpress editor. I'm actually trying to install MAMP at the moment as my Synology install of Wordpress keeps freezing, but I can't get Apache and MySQL servers started on my Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

silvine wrote: »
    but I can't get Apache and MySQL servers started on my Mac.

They should start straight up with mamp, unless the server port is in use which you should already know about. Update to the latest version of MAMP too.

You can change the port number in the settings. Use "sudo lsof -i -P" to see what is using what. It may not be the issue.

I ran network utility and found my open ports. I changed the MAMP settings to the open ports. It still didn't start Apache and MYSql.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Did you look in MAMP/logs?

• Advertisement
Advertisement