Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joyetech Evic ?

• 19-01-2013 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Thinking of buying one soon.

Has anyone already taken the plunge and purchased ?
    If so, what tank would you recommend ?

Bearing in mind I still havent upgraded from kangers and ego batteries :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

The Kangers will fit it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

Vaperus wrote: »
    The Kangers will fit it

That's good to know, do want to upgrade to something better though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Burdock wrote: »
    That's good to know, do want to upgrade to something better though
    You won't be disappointed with the eVic, excellent bit of gear, I don't actually use the control head to charge it, I use my trustfire charger so I can use it when batteries charging.
    My favourite tank for it is mini Nova, best draw for the eVic I have found. The Kanger T3 won't work on it without an adapter :( but the eGo visions all work on it. The cheapest site to buy it is bargainvapour.com at €65.
    I'm actually using more than my Provari.

kiffy wrote: »
    You won't be disappointed with the eVic, excellent bit of gear, I don't actually use the control head to charge it, I use my trustfire charger so I can use it when batteries charging.
    My favourite tank for it is mini Nova, best draw for the eVic I have found. The Kanger T3 won't work on it without an adapter :( but the eGo visions all work on it. The cheapest site to buy it is bargainvapour.com at €65.

Cheers man, have a mini nova somewhere at home still in the packet. I'll give that a go. :)

Read on the joyetech site that bargainvapour.com are unauthorised when it comes to selling them so I think I'll go with a different seller :)

Cheers man, have a mini nova somewhere at home still in the packet. I'll give that a go. :)

Read on the joyetech site that bargainvapour.com are unauthorised when it comes to selling them so I think I'll go with a different seller :)
    Don't take any notice of that, I bought mine off them no problems at all, Joytech just want you to buy off one of their websites, cost me €70 on pre-order but they have since dropped it to €65, next cheapest Irish site is €80.

• Advertisement

First time on bargainvapour.com.

Theres a lot of stuff to choose from !

First time on bargainvapour.com.

Theres a lot of stuff to choose from !
    They are just one of many excellent Irish websites, that are as good as any out there if not even better. Here's a web link to most of the Irish sites.
    http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors
    There isn't one I buy from exclusively I buy all my different bits from about 4 sites.

Joytech are getting a lot stricter on this, first you get black listed then they work on who is supplying you
    They have a minimum retail price that your arnt supposed to go below.
    Forgot about the adapter on the T3, thats what I use on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

Forgot about the adapter on the T3, thats what I use on mine

What adapter do you need for the T3's? I'm prob gonna get an Evic aswell.

What adapter do you need for the T3's? I'm prob gonna get an Evic aswell.

You need a 510 to ego adapter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Holy moly Batman

A provari owner actually using something other than their provari more than their provari?!

:D

Why do you use it more than your provari? Is it the variable wattage thing? (This is the main reason I'm shy about buying a provari - it only have variable voltage - plus I suck at math so I'd no doubt burn my mouth off switch for a high resistance to a low resistance one day)

illicit007 wrote: »
    Holy moly Batman

A provari owner actually using something other than their provari more than their provari?!

:D

Why do you use it more than your provari? Is it the variable wattage thing? (This is the main reason I'm shy about buying a provari - it only have variable voltage - plus I suck at math so I'd no doubt burn my mouth off switch for a high resistance to a low resistance one day)
    Well the VW is a bonus not having to change settings when you change resistance or juice's but it not the end of the world to adjust the voltage manually, I ain't that lazy :D.

The reason is pretty simple and not saying that the eVic is better than the Provari, I use 2 juices only (sometimes for a complete change Almond Bliss 4mg) and I use my Provari with a STV Nova with Pchela's Poison 5mg, and a mini nova with my eVic and Maeve juice 6m, and find that the mini nova on the eVic gives me the best draw I have got from any device, must be the way it fits on the connection, even a difference with a normal nova can't explain it really just a great draw, not even the mini on the Provari is as good.
    So that has made me plum for the eVic over the Provari about 60/40.

How does the nova look on the evic ? I'm all about appearance :D

How does the nova look on the evic ? I'm all about appearance :D

Looks fine on it, I'll see if I can put up a pic of it.
    The only things I think that look daft on a device is when the tanks are wider than it, like a viva nova on a twist etc

Looks fine on it, I'll see if I can put up a pic of it.
    The only things I think that look daft on a device is when the tanks are wider than it, like a viva nova on a twist etc

Same here, don't want something that doesn't look neat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

find this thread a bit weird!
    I use t3's on my evic all the time no adapter required.

The Evic doesnt need an adapter for The T3. The Provari and Vamo does need an adapter

only thing you have to watch is the join for the coil sits below the shrowed on the Evic so when you remove it you can leave the coil attached to the evic, not good if its full.
    Have to make sure the coil is on the T3 tight and you dont have the whole thing attached to the Evic too tight
    I hold the whole thing upside down just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I hold the whole thing upside down just in case

Surely that's worse? Won't the top seal just come away, and you'll end up draining through the Drip tip.

Not for the T3 the coil unscrews from the bottom

• Advertisement

The Evic doesnt need an adapter for The T3. The Provari and Vamo does need an adapter
    My T3's still don't fire on the eVic (even though I don't use them anymore just tried out of curiosity)

Mark you said on the first page of this thread "Forgot about the adapter on the T3, thats what I use on mine"
    What did you do to get/do to get them to work since?

My T3's still don't fire on the eVic (even though I don't use them anymore just tried out of curiosity)

Mark you said on the first page of this thread "Forgot about the adapter on the T3, thats what I use on mine"
    What did you do to get/do to get them to work since?

maybe it needs it's post pulling

maybe it needs it's post pulling
    Could be, but it was working on a twist no probs after finding it didn't work on the evic.
    Don't really matter now I sold 2 twists with several clearomisers including the T3 and won't be getting anymore. Thanks anyway for the info ;)

Yeah the early post I still had my Vamo head on
    The T3 does wotk on the Evic you may need to pull the centre post down slightly as it doesnt always reach the battery.
    But as I switch between the Provari and Evic I usually leave the adapter on it also avoids the Clearo comming apart when the base is too tight in the Evic

Could be, but it was working on a twist no probs after finding it didn't work on the evic.
    Don't really matter now I sold 2 twists with several clearomisers including the T3 and won't be getting anymore. Thanks anyway for the info ;)

I was talking about the evic!
    Sometimes the post sticks and needs a little help.

I was talking about the evic!
    Sometimes the post sticks and needs a little help.

Aww sorry double H thought you meant the bloody T3 :D
    The ego visions work ok though near enough same fitting init

usually leave the adapter on it also avoids the Clearo comming apart when the base is too tight in the Evic

That has happened to me a few times with the normal STV Nova, bloody thing lies dead flush with the top of the control head and had it leak all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dan I Am

In my experience, you can't go wrong with BV. Their prices are good, and their after-sales are as good as it gets. I sent them an email about my dead VV Gripper one afternoon, and was using the replacement they'd sent me the next morning. I'd chose them over some of the 'official' Joyetech retailers any day of the week.

Advertisement