Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost cat Stoneybatter/Arbour Hill

Options
  • 19-01-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Could a mod please move if necessary?

My girlfriend's cat went missing an hour ago. His name is Cyrus, he's an indoor cat and has never been outside. He's also not wearing a collar. He went missing around the Stoneybatter / Arbour Hill area. He answers to tongue clicks and 'katze' but we're worried he mightn't answer to any strangers as he's quite nervous of them.

If you see him around, please, please reply.

76781_176035479079172_3301739_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hopefully he will return and flake out for a while after having a few adventures/escapades.

Maybe edit the post title (click Edit, then Go Advanced) to include Stoneybatter / Arbour Hill. It just might help.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Thread Title Edited

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Thanks for your help, both of you. Unfortunately, no sign of him yet (was really hoping he'd appear by morning)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Hopefully he'll turn up. Cats can go missing for days on end and still show up not a bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Best of luck OP.

Have had cats since I was around 6 years old and many have gone away for days and came back right as rain. One even went away for months, we'd given up hope on him and then one day during the summer he just strolled right by the back door and over to his water bowl, never to leave again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I saw the posters up this morning. I hope you find him.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have you left some cat food out in the garden? May help tempt him back. Also if he's fed dry food, rattling the box may get his attention, I know my cats are there sharpish when they hear it.

Hope he turns up!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Also if he's fed dry food, rattling the box may get his attention, I know my cats are there sharpish when they hear it.
    Well said. You could also try rattling a spoon/fork inside a tin can.

If he's hanging out within earshot, he might respond.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Thanks for all your suggestions, guys. She left his bed (covered over) outside with food and we've been shaking treats til the cows came home. Or... whatever comes home in Dublin. The pigeons.

Freakishly enough all this efforts, and from several (much appreciated) phone calls we've found a lost, indoor, ginger cat that isn't her cat in the neighbourhood. A neighbour took it in, but it goes to show how much attention people pay and has made us really hopeful for finding Cyrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I'm in the manor street area so will keep an eye out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

I'm owned by a cat myself so very interested OP. Any news of the missing cat, has he returned yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

My friend's cat went missing a couple of weeks ago, she printed a load of fliers and we put them in all her neighbours' letterboxes, asking them to look in their shed or garage in case he was trapped in there.
    He came home a few hours later, dirty and hungry, so she reckoned he perhaps got in somewhere he couldn't get out of alone.
    So do try this, OP, if your lovely pussycat is still missing.

Advertisement