Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd WHV applications

Options
  • 19-01-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey just wondering if it makes a difference when applying for a 2nd WHV from outside Australia, but from a country that's not your own - i.e. that's not where your passport is from.

I'm planning to visit Oz for the Lions tour in June, and also hoping to go to NZ afterwards. I was wondering if I can visit on a holiday visa initially, then apply for my WHV from NZ - if so, will it take any longer than if I were to apply from Ireland.

All it says on the immigration website is that I must 'be outside Australia when the visa is granted, if applying from outside Australia', and I meet all the other requirements (regional work done, financial/health requirements etc). Also says it should take approximately 20 working days.

Anyone have any experience of this, having tried it or know anyone that has?

Alternatively, can I apply for a 2nd WHV while in Oz? Either when I get there, or even after I get back from NZ?

Any comments gratefully received...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gabberific

I know a few people who have applied for their 2nd Working Holiday Visas from outside Australia. I don't know if it takes any longer than if you are in the country to be honest, but they were granted!
    As long as you have all your documentation attached (in PDF format) to the application form it should be the same either way, I would think.
    Just as long as if you apply from outside Australia you are outside Australia when it is granted, or if you apply from inside Australia you are in the country when it's granted, you shouldn't have much hassle.

I applied for my second WHV while in Australia, and it was granted in eleven days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

vill@in wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if it makes a difference when applying for a 2nd WHV from outside Australia, but from a country that's not your own - i.e. that's not where your passport is from.

I'm planning to visit Oz for the Lions tour in June, and also hoping to go to NZ afterwards. I was wondering if I can visit on a holiday visa initially, then apply for my WHV from NZ - if so, will it take any longer than if I were to apply from Ireland.
    No difference
    All it says on the immigration website is that I must 'be outside Australia when the visa is granted, if applying from outside Australia', and I meet all the other requirements (regional work done, financial/health requirements etc). Also says it should take approximately 20 working days.

Anyone have any experience of this, having tried it or know anyone that has?
    I know plenty of people who have done it, and it's no problem
    Alternatively, can I apply for a 2nd WHV while in Oz? Either when I get there, or even after I get back from NZ?
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/how-the-visa-works.htm
    Looks like yes
    when you applied:You are in Australia, but do not currently hold a first Working Holiday visa
    If granted a second Working Holiday visa: You can remain in Australia for 12 months from the date your second Working Holiday visa is granted

Advertisement