Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password Not Accepted

Options
  • 19-01-2013 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

The only way that I can log in to my boards account is to reset my password every time. Immediately after choosing a 'new' password my account is logged in.

My user name, password combination is never accepted when I try to log in the normal way.

Please Help! :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Usual first advice is to clear the cache and cookies and then try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ray_giraffe2

Hi this is ray_giraffe,

I cleared the cache and cookies. Now I can't use that account at all, so I've made this new account to post :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What browser and platform are you using?

Spear wrote: »
    What browser and platform are you using?

Google Chrome (Version 24.0.1312.52 m)

Windows 7 Home Premium

Have you tried IE or Firefox, to see if it's something limited to Chrome?

• Advertisement

I have the same problem in Internet Explorer 9. I don't have Firefox.

(I am having no problems logging out and logging in to this new account, but of course I would like to keep using my old account!)

Have any kind of personal firewall installed?

Yes, I have Zonealarm Free Firewall V11.

However I can't use my account on my phone either, which doesn't have zonealarm.

Oh I just noticed something interesting. My Old account name was originally called "ray_giraffe" but now appears as "ray giraffe" - with no underscore - on my posts.

Could this be related to the problem?

Oh I just noticed something interesting. My Old account name was originally called "ray_giraffe" but now appears as "ray giraffe" - with no underscore - on my posts.

Could this be related to the problem?

There's no ray_giraffe, only Ray Giraffe and ray_giraffe2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ray giraffe

Problem Sorted :pac:

Thanks Spear!!! :)

I feel silly now :o

I was using ray_giraffe as my username on another website (cos they don't allow underscores) and got confused!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement