Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live near red cow?

Options
  • 19-01-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    starting a job in a month or so at the drimnagh side of red cow.
    Dont really know Dublin at all outside of the city center (even if this part of the city is considered south or east or city or county)

I need an area thats pretty nice-ish (not too many students, not too rough, not too close to the m50) but not hugely expensive, where should I start looking?

Dont have a car, so will need to to be fairly close. have been looking at Kingswood, but going by the images on daft they look like the kind of houses that were thrown up towards the start of the celtic tiger and have no proper insulation, eternally cold (Could be just the ones I've looked at though)!

Am I looking in the right area or should I be looking somewhere else? are my requirements realistic for the area?

Ta :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Are you looking to rent, buy, house or apartment, etc...?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

Dont have a car, so will need to to be fairly close.
    Is your work near a luas stop, if so you could live anywhere along the red line, that's anywhere between Tallaght/Citywest/Saggart in to the city centre/Docklands.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Oops, should have mentioned, looking to rent a room, either sharing or one bedroom residence. Dont mind house or flat.
    Looking around some more yesterday evening I saw a couple of apartment developments in lansdowne valley that looked like they might be nice, if the area is quite

@the world wonders, yeah it's near the LUAS line but Id prefer A) not to have to rely on the LUAS, and B) to be near the edge of the city if possible as it'd be nice to be able to see some landscape (getting fancy now! ;) and be away from noise of the city if possible.

(If I had a car I'd prob rent outside the city altogether!)
    Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Lansdowne valley can be a bit wild on the odd weekend but is mostly a fine area. You're not gonna get much landscape around any of the areas you're talking about to be honest.

Kingswood/Kilnamanagh are nice quiet areas, never had any trouble there and my best friend has lived there all his life without a complaint. As for noise it's also fairly silent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Drimnagh side of the Red Cow is a very big, very general area...I live a snowball's throw from the Red Cow..

To me there's Crumlin/Walkinstown/Bluebell between Drimnagh and the Red Cow. Kingswood is a very mature area generally..

Buses instead of the LUAS for me, I rarely get the LUAS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

folks, thanks for the suggestions they have helped me get my bearings.
    I have been looking at flat shares in lansdowne gate apts off long mile road/drimnagh road.
    Has anybody any recomendations on what to look out for or gotchas for this particular development or the immediate area?
    Thanks

Advertisement