Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to coláiste laictín or have any advice for any gaeltachts for LC students

Options
  • 20-01-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm in 5th year and I want to go to the gaeltacht towards the end of july-august. I've narrowed it down to 4, in order of my favourites:
    1.Coláiste Laichtín-on Inis Oírr, Galway
    2.Coláiste Ó Direáin -on Inis Mór, Galway
    3. Coláiste Lurgan- Galway
    4. Coláiste Chamuis-Galway

I'd like to go to coláiste laictín most, its small and the activities seem good, but I'm just unsure about the age group, if it's mostly 1st-3rd years going. If anyone's gone before could you please tell me? if anyone has any reviews about any of the collages(for pre leaving cert students) that would be great too.
    thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Indigold wrote: »
    I'd like to go to coláiste laictín most, its small and the activities seem good, but I'm just unsure about the age group, if it's mostly 1st-3rd years going. If anyone's gone before could you please tell me? if anyone has any reviews about any of the collages(for pre leaving cert students) that would be great too.
    thank you!

I went to Coláiste Laichtín four summers in a row. Totally fell in love with the place. :) I liked it so much I went back to work there twice. There's usually a good mix of ages, especially in July.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Indigold, you opened this thread already last night. There's no need to re-post the exact same questions in a new thread. Be patient and you should get more answers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazyciaran

Coláiste Láichtín is amazing. I went there for years. B and C courses usually have a great mix of students but are mostly older. Course A tends to be younger - like 1st to third! Hope this helps! Go n-éirí an bóthar leat :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Coughlans

Indigold wrote: »
    I'm in 5th year and I want to go to the gaeltacht towards the end of july-august. I've narrowed it down to 4, in order of my favourites:
    1.Coláiste Laichtín-on Inis Oírr, Galway
    2.Coláiste Ó Direáin -on Inis Mór, Galway
    3. Coláiste Lurgan- Galway
    4. Coláiste Chamuis-Galway

thank you!

i went to colaiste lurgan beofore i went into 5th year. they have a course just for 4th 5th and 6th years so its a perfect age group. the activities were great. i would highly recommend it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Indigold

thank you so much! i think ill go there:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sinel

Hi, im also in 5th year and went to laichtin last year, it was great much better than the previous one i went to. I was wondering if there are many going this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JKeane2004

I went to laichtin in 2018 and 2019. Course A is mainly 2nd years and course C+D are mainly 3rd year and TY (some fifth years too). I loved it there. Mainly ppl from Clare galway limerick and Dublin. Ive some unreal memories from it. If your goin I’d recommend take loads of photos as Things to look back on because you’ll think back on it and won’t have any photos like me.

Advertisement