Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Not Starting - Blue Screen Flicker

Options
  • 20-01-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

My friends computer begins to boot, the 'starting windows' logo appears and a blue screen flickers, you can barely catch it by taking a picture of it, the computer repeats this process.

I have tried the following other parts replaced in his computer with no luck:

-Graphics card
    -Hard Drives

The motherboard allows you to enter into its settings also, any suggestions would be welcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gaelicyoda

Have you tried starting it in Safe Mode? (hold F8 as the computer is booting)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Hit the F8 key just before windows starts to load.. then choose the option 'disable automatic restart' or something similar..

then you will get to see the blue screen together with its details.

Try googling the error message.

Goodluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

First port of call is see if you can boot to safe mode. If not then do the disable automatic restart and post the code of the BSOD here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

gaelicyoda wrote: »
    Have you tried starting it in Safe Mode? (hold F8 as the computer is booting)

Same blue screen happens when you select safe mode

In the F8 menu, choose "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure" instead. This will stop the machine from rebooting when the blue screen appears. Post the STOP code on here, e.g. 0x000000ED

• Advertisement

Here is the blue screen.

http://tinypic.com/r/oro0tj/6

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A98E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

That's an "Inaccessible Boot Device" error. Look in your BIOS for a "SATA Operation Mode" or something similar. If it's set to AHCI, change it to IDE/ATA or vice versa.

Karsini wrote: »
    That's an "Inaccessible Boot Device" error. Look in your BIOS for a "SATA Operation Mode" or something similar. If it's set to AHCI, change it to IDE/ATA or vice versa.

It was set to IDE mode, i have changed it to AHCI mode, same problem.

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    It was set to IDE mode, i have changed it to AHCI mode, same problem.
    This issue can be very difficult to troubleshoot unless you're comfortable with editing the registry offline. I don't know what OS you're running but you might be able to use the Repair Your Computer option in the F8 menu to run System Restore and go back a couple of days. Cancel Startup Repair if it starts but you have to be quick.

Failing that, you could be looking at a format and reinstall I'm afraid.

Karsini wrote: »
    This issue can be very difficult to troubleshoot unless you're comfortable with editing the registry offline. I don't know what OS you're running but you might be able to use the Repair Your Computer option in the F8 menu to run System Restore and go back a couple of days. Cancel Startup Repair if it starts but you have to be quick.

Failing that, you could be looking at a format and reinstall I'm afraid.

The operating system is currently Windows 7, but i have tried different hard drives with perfectly working operating systems, repair your computer didn't work, it gave a send report to microsoft message, system restore started with a blue screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 fafanqll

You Can try yo clear the CMOS. Sometimes the STOP 0x0000007B error is caused by a BIOS memory issue. Clearing the CMOS could solve that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Try to power off and restart the house from the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

If you end up needing to do a full format and re-install try creating a bootable linux usb drive and salvage anything you need from the hard drive.Doing a format and re-install won't be too bad if you can backup your data first.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Could have been Windows update installed an incorrect chipset driver or something similar, if the "Last Known Good Config" F8 boot menu option doesn't fix it then it possibly easiest to backup and reformat, unless you can find a guide how to do it online using some bootable distro

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

STOP error : 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A98E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034 , 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

//
    // MessageId: STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
    //
    // MessageText:
    //
    // Object Name not found.
    //
    #define STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND ((NTSTATUS)0xC0000034 L)

This is the most common status code and is usually caused by a missing or corrupt driver.

fvevol.sys is the bitlocker driver. So this driver is damaged. Try to boot from the Windows 7 DVD, select the Repair options, open the command prompt and run this:

sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows

Now, try to boot the PC.

Advertisement