Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair play to Damien Dempsey.

Options
  • 20-01-2013 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

I've never been a big fan of his (I'm not even familiar with much of his work) but I've gotta say that new track he has out, that's getting a lot of airplay right now, is top class.

It's called 'Bustin Outta Here' and I'm very impressed. For me it's an early front runner for Irish song of the year, Sinead O'Connor wins last years for 'The Wolf is Getting Married'. Anytime I've ever seen or read an interview with Damien he seems like a really decent, genuine guy and it's great to see him doing well. Again, fair play Damien.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I totally agree it's a wonderful track. He's an amazing artist, an urban poet of our times. Have you listened to the rest of the album? It's one of his strongest yet, 'Fire in The Glen' and 'Chris and Stevie' are two particular favourites of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I like his music myself, he's a great artist i have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I totally agree it's a wonderful track. He's an amazing artist, an urban poet of our times. Have you listened to the rest of the album? It's one of his strongest yet, 'Fire in The Glen' and 'Chris and Stevie' are two particular favourites of mine.

I'll be getting my hands on it ASAP. Jeez I sound like his mammy in the OP gushing about him. I may have a man crush. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Thats not even the best track on the new album in my opinion, some real gems on it. Also check out the Seize The Day Album, it will not disappoint :)

Advertisement