Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe and accessible snow Bray/Wicklow hills

• 20-01-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Sunday: Anybody know of some safe and accessible snow for kids to sled on this weekend. From here in Bray it looks as if around the back if the Big Sugarloaf might be good.

I do not want to drag the kids up there and then have dash dash their hope if it is no good or not accessible? Shocking memories as a disappointed child myself! Anybody been out yet?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭.243

my advice is to look at from your sitting room window,there is no parking anywhere up there when it snows,
    your car been one less parked on the side of the road up here would be mostly
    appriciated,
    the amount of idiots that were up here yesterday that drove up and couldnt park in the car park ,so they just decided to leave their cars on the road(which is bad enough to get through during the summer),
    but the award for the most stupidity goes to the crowd i met last night parking outside the car park at 9.30 pm to go for a walk UP sugarloaf,
    so when i drove back by the carpark a half an hour later only to look in and see two familes with kids/toddlers and sleighs in tow in the dark,
    it was -2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Glencree- there's a small carpark there and you can walk up through the woods. Was there yesterday, great snow, lots of people walking, sledding etc - the road was fine but I wouldn't have driven any further up.

Advertisement