Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham v Manchester United [KO 4PM - SSHD1]

• 20-01-2013 12:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

237224.png
    Team News

Tottenham are without midfielder Sandro after he suffered a serious knee injury in the draw at QPR last weekend which required him to undergo surgery.

Also out with a knee problem is long-term absentee Younes Kaboul, while William Gallas remains sidelined with a calf injury.

Emmanuel Adebayor is missing for Villas-Boas' side as he is representing Togo at the African Cup of Nations.

Manchester United are missing Darren Fletcher after it was revealed this week he will miss the remainder of the season after surgery on his ongoing bowel condition.

Nemanja Vidic and Jonny Evans could both return from concussion and a hamstring injury respectively.

Ashley Young could miss out after picking up a knee injury in last weekend's victory over Liverpool.

Hard to say who will be the CB's for United if both Evans and Vidic are back, but I'll go with...
    De Gea
    Rafael Rio Evans Evra
    Carrick Cleverley
    Valencia Rooney Nani
    v.Persie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A lot of talk this morning that Rooney will be on the bench.We should win this as we have a more mobile midfield than the last time we played Spurs.
    Gonna be a close game so I'm going for 2-1,we need to reopen that gap after City's win yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This is going to be a tough one. Got to keep Dembele and Bale quiet if we're going to get anything here.
    I think there will be plenty of goals in this. Along the lines of 3-3 or 3-2.

Great day of football ahead, really looking forward to it. And I've half an Apache pizza left from last night that I'll be having for breakfast. What a start to the day already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Queue scholes and giggs in the middle.....,,

3-1 united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

COYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Cannot see those two inflicting any damage, they should be watching from the corporate area in their suits at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Talking to my 2 cousins in London. Snowing very heavily the last hour according to them. Saying there's a chance it will be off. One of them is a spurs ST holder so is trying to find out.

Edit: Gary Neville just tweeted a pic and the ground looks perfect so I'd say we are good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Cannot see those two inflicting any damage, they should be watching from the corporate area in their suits at this stage
    Tongue n cheek......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Score draw me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Hard to say who will be the CB's for United if both Evans and Vidic are back, but I'll go with...
    De Gea
    Rafael Rio Evans Evra
    Carrick Cleverley
    Valencia Rooney Nani
    v.Persie

Kagawa will start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Score draw for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Kagawa will start
    I presume on the left instead of Tony V?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

From Gary Neville on Twitter....
    Looks ok so far - any news on the roads around WHL?

BBDLKH2CUAAU-t7.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Al Capwned wrote: »
    From Gary Neville on Twitter....
    Looks ok so far - any news on the roads around WHL?

BBDLKH2CUAAU-t7.jpg:large

It's a lot worse than that now. Groundsmen working hard. Snow all around the boundaries of the pitch. Chec Ian Abraham's last tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Kagawa will start

I think Nani might start. Scored a few goals against Spurs over the years and Fergie always seems to put an emphasis on those kid of things.

As for the result; 3-2 United. This will have goals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I presume on the left instead of Tony V?
    I sure as **** hope not, Valencia has to start for his defensive duties alone.

As far as I'm concerned, Rooney is better in the middle than Kagawa, and Nani is better on the left than both Kagawa and Rooney. Kagawa shouldn't start, and if he does it should be instead of Rooney in the middle, and only because Rooney is just back from injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Really hoping for a United win today. Will help to put daylight between Chelsea and Spurs (providing Chelsea can beat Arsenal!)

Bucketing snow at Stamford Bridge, if it continues like that until 4 then I wouldn't be too hopeful.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Really hoping for a United win today. Will help to put daylight between Chelsea and Spurs (providing Chelsea can beat Arsenal!)

I'm confident Arsenal will win considering Chelsea are starting with no striker (Torres is playing)

RVP to do the biz again today,Sandro will be a big loss for Spurs in the middle.

My confidence in an Arsenal win has gone.....2-0 to Chelsea now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bucketing snow at Stamford Bridge, if it continues like that until 4 then I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Should just tell them to grow a pair and give them an orange football and get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

@SpursOfficial There will be a pitch inspection by the referee at 2:50pm. We will have a further update for you as soon as possible after that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

7-4 to United. RVPx4, Rooneyx2, Rafael. Balex2, Defoe, Lennon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Match better be on.

Nothing to do for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

BBDv-jQCAAAmJVV.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Match better be on.

Nothing to do for the rest of the day.

That reminds me I must sort out my CAO application before 5:15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

BBDv-jQCAAAmJVV.jpg:large
    That picture is from hours ago so not an exact reflection of current conditions!

Don't think this match will go ahead, looking at those pics on Sky. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Aww it dosent look promising, decision due at 14:50. This will pįss me off!

Just on Sky Sports "both teams & officials to have a look at conditions,final decision to be made at 3.10pm"

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    That picture is from hours ago so not an exact reflection of current conditions!

Pictures on sky show almost the exact same conditions, if not worse.

Doesnt look good at all.... That's a stones!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

zerks wrote: »
    Just on Sky Sports "both teams & officials to have a look at conditions,final decision to be made at 3.10pm"

2.50, not 3.10 they said.

TBH, if that pic is the worst of it, I'll be pissed if it's called off. Just a bit of snow ffs.

TBH, if that pic is the worst of it, I'll be pissed if it's called off. Just a bit of snow ffs.

Exactly - repaint the lines, give them a yellow ball and get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I don't see the problem playing it. I would have thought it might be called off for conditions outside the ground.
    Sure how many 17:00pm Champions League games do we see with a fairly heavy blanket of snow on the ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Why don't the just put the feckin covers back on?

Surely they have under soil heating at WHL.

A frozen pitch can be dangerous though. Plus it's a public safety issue aswell in terms of surrounding area of White Harte Lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They have to take into account the temperature dip between 4.00 and 6.00. If the pitch is hard or slightly frozen by 4, it will be sure to be frozen by the last half hour of the game with the sun going down. Surely a club with the resources of Spurs should have covers and industrial heating fans on the pitch right until the teams have to warm up.

A frozen pitch can be dangerous though. Plus it's a public safety issue aswell in terms of surrounding area of White Harte Lane.
    It's winter, there doesn't need to be snow for the pitch to be frozen. I don't see games around the country being called off every week because of it.

Looking better now, at least on the surface.

720293279.jpg?key=19362592&Expires=1358693044&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=lyTHxs~vU2EFJxKypFpl-bEQ1giuinDLQ19PYiLq4mGcqEoHtYDu0Od4373fx1rwlsVrUeKYM-4ysBriQLTWc7Tr0qAGArP3pc8ZJSruCtVoezONWNvZe6SyfRyDO6Ej0BrHq8u-zct~WPlkPVJgspfHgNmjfuYwB~f3aS1GaqU_

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Why don't the just put the feckin covers back on?

Surely they have under soil heating at WHL.
    This is what I don't understand why take off the fecking covers when it's bucketing down.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I don't see the problem playing it. I would have thought it might be called off for conditions outside the ground.
    Sure how many 17:00pm Champions League games do we see with a fairly heavy blanket of snow on the ground?

As opposed to 17:00am games?

:D

It's winter, there doesn't need to be snow for the pitch to be frozen. I don't see games around the country being called off every week because of it.

Ok well I'm just saying factors that play their part like it or not that's just the way it is. They don't call games off that easy especially big TV games like this with millions on it.

Depends on the temperature, if it's cold enough then having the covers on and then removing them will cause the pitch to freeze almost instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Depends on the temperature, if it's cold enough then having the covers on and then removing them will cause the pitch to freeze almost instantly.

Are we in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" all of a sudden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Disaster if its called off specially after hearing about Sandro's replacement Bad+Mr.+Frosty+2.jpgBad%252BMr.%252BFrosty%252B2.jpg&w=280&h=330&ei=Nf77UOmpDZSGhQeUhIDIBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=993&vpy=305&dur=2813&hovh=244&hovw=207&tx=98&ty=139&sig=106638674064644548016&page=2&tbnh=133&tbnw=112&start=42&ndsp=47&ved=1t:429,r:58,s:0,i:259Bad%252BMr.%252BFrosty%252B2.jpg&w=280&h=330&ei=Nf77UOmpDZSGhQeUhIDIBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=993&vpy=305&dur=2813&hovh=244&hovw=207&tx=98&ty=139&sig=106638674064644548016&page=2&tbnh=133&tbnw=112&start=42&ndsp=47&ved=1t:429,r:58,s:0,i:259

Somebody could be killed on a frozen pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Load of bullocks

Doesn't seem to be effecting the Chelsea v Arsenal game a few miles away..

Footballers are getting to soft ,,get on will it ,ye're getting paid enough ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

They have to take into account the temperature dip between 4.00 and 6.00. If the pitch is hard or slightly frozen by 4, it will be sure to be frozen by the last half hour of the game with the sun going down. Surely a club with the resources of Spurs should have covers and industrial heating fans on the pitch right until the teams have to warm up.
    Did u see the pictures on sly news of the groundsmen clearing the snow. They were wearing black bin liners as overcoats and white plastic bags over their heads. Absolutely laughable tbh.....there must be no decent weather gear in the club shop! More seriously though, it's indicitave of the level of preparation for wintery weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Load of bullocks

Doesn't seem to be effecting the Chelsea v Arsenal game a few miles away..

Footballers are getting to soft ,,get on will it ,ye're getting paid enough ....

A lot of the time its to do with the safety of fans getting to and from the ground I think.

If the pitch wasn't ready, then Spurs should get in some trouble for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement