Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham v Manchester United [KO 4PM - SSHD1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Every hard away fixture out of the way and 5 points clear. Rest of the league can suck on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Only 22 ahead of Liverpool now.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

He's a superb shot stopper (De Gea).

But when it comes to high balls and crosses, we'd be better off picking someone from the local pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Can't help but think Fergie looked like this plonker towards the end....

dappy-n-dubz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Spurs were the much better side as deserved at least a draw. Justice for Spurs against United for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

adox wrote: »
    Some embarrassing stuff from some "posters" in here with authority. No surprise there though, the usual suspect getting a free ride.
    dont get dragged in, just go to United thread to discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Rooney added nothing. I question his commitment a lot of the time. He'll never be a united legend in my eyes and he showed why there.

He didn't run, he didn't hassle or chase, he was useless. Hernandez would have busted his gut to chase them down if he'd gotten a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tough break that for Utd.

It was coming though and Spurs deserved the draw.

Good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

dont get dragged in, just go to United thread to discuss

Or I could just be an adult and realise that internetz is not srs bzns. But where is the fun in that? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Playboy wrote: »
    Spurs were the much better side as deserved at least a draw. Justice for Spurs against United for a change.

aye, Justice. Good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Delighted with the point! Spurs of old would of caved in, team showed great fight today.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Grow up ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

To spurs fans.

Good game and ye deserved a point.

Ye are playing well hope ye get Cl too or

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Al Capwned wrote: »
    That bloody penalty decision.

Sure we get all the big decisions dont we.
    F*ck off
    Yeah. If the ref saw that pull by Kagawa it couldve been 2 1. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Spurs had 23 shots with 18 on target and only manage to score one goal . They really should have scored more .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

RasTa wrote: »
    Happy with that, played well. Didn't deserve the win, nothing to do with DDG
    He punched the cross a mere 4 yards, and to Lennon's feet.

Rooney added nothing. I question his commitment a lot of the time. He'll never be a united legend in my eyes and he showed why there.

He didn't run, he didn't hassle or chase, he was useless. Hernandez would have busted his gut to chase them down if he'd gotten a chance

Funny cause thats exactly what he normally does. Rooney is not to blame here. The team invited them onto us just like we did last week. This week we were punished. We need to learn from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Obsessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Not total disaster points going be dropped and it's tough fixture out of the way

Agreed

Dissapointing that the situation wasnt dealt with there at the end, but not a total diaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

adox wrote: »
    Spurs deserved it to be fair.

Some embarrassing stuff from some "posters" in here with authority. No surprise there though, the usual suspect getting a free ride.

I don't agree, some people disagreed about the pen, I thought it was 50/50 myself. Most of the post since the goal have been utd fans abusing their own keeper.

• Advertisement

Spurs were very good towards the end. United didn't make their first half territorial advantage count. Ah well. A point at WHL is a decent result but City looking good recently is a worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can't argue with the result the way the second half panned out. Unfortunate not to hold out a few seconds longer.
    Robbed of a penalty that would have wrapped up 3 points but that will all be forgotten the next time we get away with one or get a soft one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

If anyone is looking for a cure for insomnia Mali are about to play Niger in the African Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

United reminded me of whenever we get Stoke at home. Except we actually salvaged a point against em.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Can't argue with the result the way the second half panned out. Unfortunate not to hold out a few seconds longer.
    Robbed of a penalty that would have wrapped up 3 points but that will all be forgotten the next time we get away with one or get a soft one.

The way United have been taking penalties this year, you think it would have mattered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He punched the cross a mere 4 yards, and to Lennon's feet.

Meh, he was under challenge from two players. I've seen better but combo of def and GK mess up. Anyway totally deserved and no more hard away games. bring it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

eigrod wrote: »
    Obsessed.

Funny that those complaining about this post are largely liverpool fans... in a United Match thread not involving Liverpool :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Funny cause thats exactly what he normally does. Rooney is not to blame here. The team invited them onto us just like we did last week. This week we were punished. We need to learn from that

So if Rooney had done a bit closing down when the ball arrived within 15 yards of him we wouldn't have been inviting spurs on right? It wouldn't have been as easy for them to make attack after attack in the last 10 mins

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Funny that those complaining about this post are largely liverpool fans... in a United Match thread not involving Liverpool :pac:

And they all arrived at once to write obsessed and thank that the second it was posted, and people say irony is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Every hard away fixture out of the way and 5 points clear. Rest of the league can suck on that

Stoke, Arsenal, WBA all away won't be easy.

• Advertisement

I love it when Nev puts Redknapp in his place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The offending post has been dealt with. Liverpool have nothing to do with this match thread so leave it be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 mistakes for the goal,Raphael leaving the ball for Valencia allowing the cross into the box & a weak punch by De Gea.

Gutted by giving away a cheap goal so late but no more than Spurs deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fuhrer wrote: »
    And they all arrived at once to write obsessed and thank that the second it was posted, and people say irony is dead

No they don't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Not a ****in peep out if the conspiracy theorists this week , now I wonder why that is

So if Rooney had done a bit closing down when the ball arrived within 15 yards of him we wouldn't have been inviting spurs on right? It wouldn't have been as easy for them to make attack after attack in the last 10 mins

your using this as a basis for questioning his commitment. you look at him in 99% of matches and you can evidently see he wants to win with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I'm out before this descends into come childish rubbish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Lol at Neville and Jamie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Barca have shown everyone how a team should play without the ball and yet United and Fergie seem to be persistent with the standing off approach and allowing teams to attack them time after time. Even the smaller teams are.getting some joy this season from the space they are getting deep. Alonso is going to have a field day next month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What are they saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

after watching the replay, imo i think the ref got it right. No penalty for Rooney as Rooney actually kicks the defenders leg and then goes over....Similar imo to what Ashley Young does to try and win pen's/free's ...

Rooney is probably our most committed player. Not sure how this can be argued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

15 attempts to 4. Not often one sees Man Utd on the wrong end of such stats. They seemed to retreat very much in 2nd half. Spurs were poor in the box until Lennon showed a bit of calm to square that ball for the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

mada999 wrote: »
    after watching the replay, imo i think the ref got it right. No penalty for Rooney as Rooney actually kicks the defenders leg and then goes over....Similar imo to what Ashley Young does to try and win pen's/free's ...

.....Yes. And It Dembélé made Kagawa pull his shirt in the first half.... It was a pen. No doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

What are they saying?

Neville said that Dempsey should have gone down when he was in on goal. Jamie says why and Neville to get a penalty and get Evra sent off.

Jamie was a bit stunned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

What are they saying?

Nev saying Dempsey should have thrown himself down and won a pen and a sending off instead of shooting. Redknapp saying keep on feet and get the shot away.

Both agreed I think that ref got it wrong on the Rooney one but Nev saying that maybe he threw his foot into the defender, the redknapp agreed.

Honestly thought they would go for one another a couple of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

kmart6 wrote: »
    I'm out before this descends into come childish rubbish!

Why, what's been said that's so bad you want to leave.

Neville said that Dempsey should have gone down when he was in on goal. Jamie says why and Neville to get a penalty and get Evra sent off.

Jamie was a bit stunned.

Neville's honesty is really refreshing.

His stuff on diving is very good and on he often talks about being professional. His team mates will have been thinking go down, score the pen and youve time at 1-1 against 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I though Neville was a bit harsh on De Gea. He was definitely in a sulk. I thought it was going to kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

the match: ****ing balls

neville and redknapp: anyone hardly has a vid of it, do they? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement