Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham v Manchester United [KO 4PM - SSHD1]

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

your using this as a basis for questioning his commitment. you look at him in 99% of matches and you can evidently see he wants to win with us

I've questioned his commitment ever since he handed in a transfer request (with the rumours that he was going to city). That's really my basis.

He should have done a lot more today. He should have made it much harder for spurs to recycle possession - not only did he not do that - he didn't even try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Liam O wrote: »
    Barca have shown everyone how a team should play without the ball and yet United and Fergie seem to be persistent with the standing off approach and allowing teams to attack them time after time. Even the smaller teams are.getting some joy this season from the space they are getting deep. Alonso is going to have a field day next month.

Obviously you didn't watch Barca last night, they were very poor and lost to an injury time goal:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

mada999 wrote: »
    after watching the replay, imo i think the ref got it right. No penalty for Rooney as Rooney actually kicks the defenders leg and then goes over....Similar imo to what Ashley Young does to try and win pen's/free's ...
    Your brain obviously cannot process the information fed to it by its eyes. Must be awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I've questioned his commitment ever since he handed in a transfer request (with the rumours that he was going to city). That's really my basis.

He should have done a lot more today. He should have made it much harder for spurs to recycle possession - not only did he not do that - he didn't even try.

I understand this point

However, he shows on the pitch that he wants to win with us. Maybe he could have done more on that incident but if you look at him over the course of a full game when hes 100% fit you can see just how much he wants it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I thought Rooney kicked his leg into him looking for it in real time. Something about the way he fell. Need to see a non slow-mo replay to make a decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

RasTa wrote: »
    I thought Rooney kicked his leg into him looking for it in real time. Something about the way he fell. Need to see a non slow-mo replay to make a decision

That was kind of what nev was saying as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Jesus wouldn't like to see this thread if we lost.
    5 points ahead. City away, Liverpool x2, Spurs x2, Chelsea away and Everton away all done with.

We're in a great position and I don't think any United fan wouldn't have taken that at the start of the season.

Can't win them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

RasTa wrote: »

yeah to me it looks like he tangled his foot into the defenders leg..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Neville's honesty is really refreshing.

His stuff on diving is very good and on he often talks about being professional. His team mates will have been thinking go down, score the pen and youve time at 1-1 against 10 men

Absolutely, in another universe him and Luis Suarez are best pals. Both have the same win at all costs mentality.

I have a lot of respect for Neville, and try to watch his Monday night soccer analysis when its on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fergie naming and shaming the official, another fine on the way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

cambo2008 wrote: »
    5 points ahead. City away, Liverpool x2, Spurs x2, Chelsea away all done with.

We're in a great position and I don't think any United fan wouldn't have taken that at the start of the season.

Can't win them all.

It's the nature of coming so close and then throwing it away in the last 60 seconds.

Had Spurs scored on the 60th minute and it ended 1-1, it wouldn't have been as heartbreaking. An ending like that will always cause all emotions to flare up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Can't win them all.

Manchester United next PL 8: Southampton, Fulham, Everton, QPR, Norwich, West Ham, Reading, Sunderland.

Not a bad next few games now.

Fergie should be in the stands for 3 games after that interview...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Timmyctc wrote: »

Manchester United next PL 8: Southampton, Fulham, Everton, QPR, Norwich, West Ham, Reading, Sunderland.

Not a bad next few games now.

I be disappointed with anything less then 20 points from that.

Fergie should be in the stands for 3 games after that interview...

na nothing will happen to him and the English media will not even write about it. If it was any other manager they would be strung up though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Spuds deserved a point. United cant keep dropping back and hope for the best.

Silly subs by Fergie. Valencia needs to be out of the squad for some time, he never once tried to run with the ball to take pressure off from a tired midfield. Instead, he gets the ball, stands for three seconds and passes it backwards. Nani now has to be ahead of him.

De Gea needs to join GAA cul camp to sort out his catching, but in fairness he did save our bacon a couple of times today.

Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Can't win them all.

Can't see anything but a Man Utd title either. For every slip up they have, City will have one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Everton are the Big banana skin in there.

na nothing will happen to him and the English media will not even write about it. If it was any other manager they would be strung up though....

tinfoilhats_2012d.jpg?w=380&h=285

Sure if the FA are so biased towards United why wasn't the Linesman on the far side informed ;)

• Advertisement

I be disappointed with anything less then 20 points from that.

Man City next PL 8: QPR, Liverpool, Southampton, Chelsea, Villa, Wigan, Everton, Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Aye like when Mancini said the Ref was ate too much over christmas and he got banned like Fergie did for his similar comments...

Timmyctc wrote: »
    tinfoilhats_2012d.jpg?w=380&h=285

Sure if the FA are so biased towards United why wasn't the Linesman on the far side informed ;)

haha deadly! Do you think anything will be done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I understand this point

However, he shows on the pitch that he wants to win with us. Maybe he could have done more on that incident but if you look at him over the course of a full game when hes 100% fit you can see just how much he wants it

Fair enough Paul. I know he is a quality player and that comes to the fore most of the time.

But today only served to maintain my skepticism. Good Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What was Rafael doing for the goal?

Overall a point at Spurs is decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Unearthly wrote: »
    What was Rafael doing for the goal?

Overall a point at Spurs is decent.

Mix up between him and Valencia. He was expecting Valencia to drive forward and get the ball to start a counter attack. Bit of a rookie error because the 92nd minute when you're dug deep is not the time to be thinking of counter attacking on your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was there any mention of where nani was today?

Always does well against spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Aye like when Mancini said the Ref was ate too much over christmas and he got banned like Fergie did for his similar comments...

If he was ate too much he probably shouldn't have been reffing a game. Mancini had a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If he was ate too much he probably shouldn't have been reffing a game. Mancini had a point.

wooooooooooooooshhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I actually can't believe United fans thought the officiating went against them today.

Kold wrote: »
    I actually can't believe United fans thought the officiating went against them today.
    1 decision that could have killed off the game. I don't think it was the volume of calls against United that people are complaining about.

Looked a certain penalty to me and many others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I thought Rio had a great game today, Vidic not so much.

United were looking like picking up a rare clean sheet.

De Gea, while a great shot stopper, needs to learn how to catch the ball or he'll never be a complete goalkeeper.

In happy with where we are at this stage of the year. United's to lose really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I thought Rio had a great game today, Vidic not so much.

Vidic was great in the air though!

Thought Rio was shaky enough with the ball on the deck meself, few sloppy passes too. Some tackle to stop Defoe though even if he should never have had the chance get there.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

I thought that Rio was good today.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

Regarding SAF's comments about the linesman.

I'm sorry but if an official makes a mistake why shouldn't he be held accountable or shielded from criticism? It was the same guy who should have flagged drogba when he was a mile offside in 2010 against Utd. We then lost the league by a point.

It's their job to get decisions right. If they don't, ok no one expects them to be locked up for it, but they should be open to criticism.

A lot of people who say "ban fergie after that tirade!1!1" are exactly the same people that moan about that major conspiracy involving decisions going utd's way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Anyone have a link to the interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

582437_478821728842162_2093413042_n.jpg

Advertisement