Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham v Manchester United [KO 4PM - SSHD1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

markc1184 wrote: »
    Jones on the wing?

Wouldn't think so. Alongside Carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Sorry lads I seen a different (wrong) team and then posted on here! Ignore my ramblings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Does anyone know is Carrick playing?

Sure we don't even know if the game is on yet

Carrick Jones
    Cleverley Kagawa Welbeck
    RVP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Happy enough with that bar Jones. Ferguson obviously wants extra legs beside Carrick. Hopefully Clev does 90 minutes today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Looks like it could be a diamond formation, although could be 4-4-2 with Clev and Kag out wide.

Plenty of energy in midfield anyway, obviously determined not to get over run. I do t think Spurs will have been expecting that team anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The game is on

Carrick is playing

Hitler is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

adox wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so. Alongside Carrick.

See that now all right. For some reason I missed Welbeck from the original line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There's gonna be so little width and we don't really know how to play that way. Hopefully it's something they've worked relentlessly on in training and we find a way to really utilise Kagawa behind RVP and Welbeck.

It's gonna be so frustrating if we look to go wide a lot with no one out there...

Could also be Jones at RB with Rafa on the right wing, with Bale in mind. I doubt it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Hopefully this game will go ahead and Carrick will get a run out.

I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Blatter wrote: »
    Could also be Jones at RB with Rafa on the right wing, with Bale in mind. I doubt it though.

I didn't think of that, but with Rafael playing there against West Ham it's a possibility. Should be an interesting game regardless. Cleverley, Welbeck and Kagawa link up very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

cambo2008 wrote: »
    And I've half an Apache pizza left from last night that I'll be having for breakfast. What a start to the day already.
    I want some!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Are Nani, Rooney and Hernandez all on bench? That's some pretty exciting options to mix things up if that is the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

what if he plays Welbeck on the wing again with Kags on the opposite side. I don't like seeing Welbeck play...on the wing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Going to be interesting with Utd set up to play narrow and Spurs attacking through the wing with Bale & Lennon.

Are Nani, Rooney and Hernandez all on bench? That's some pretty exciting options to mix things up if that is the case!

Don't think Nani is on the bench.

marvsins wrote: »
    Going to be interesting with Utd set up to play narrow and Spurs attacking through the wing with Bale & Lennon.
    The aim seems to be to crowd the centre of midfield so Spurs can't get the ball to the wings. Bale will have to cut in to look for the ball where Utd have plenty of players to crowd him out. Dembele and Dempsry have a massive role to play in midfield if Spurs are to get attacks going. And I feel they need to given Utd's firepower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sandro wont be missed with Scotty stepping up. Result depends on how Avb sets us up I reckon. If we attack I can see us getting the double, if we sit deep, United will take us apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The aim seems to be to crowd the centre of midfield so Spurs can't get the ball to the wings. Bale will have to cut in to look for the ball where Utd have plenty of players to crowd him out. Dembele and Dempsry have a massive role to play in midfield if Spurs are to get attacks going. And I feel they need to given Utd's firepower.

Didn't Bale destroy us in the first half of the previous meeting by coming inside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

No nani on the bench.

Lindegaard, Valencia, Anderson, Rooney, Giggs, Smalling & Hernandez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I want some!
    Go get some :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Didn't Bale destroy us in the first half of the previous meeting by coming inside?

I came inside once. Worst.Mistake.Ever.

Hopefully Bale will feel the same.

Exactly, as Dembele bossed the midfield so he could go wherever he wanted

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Go get some :pac:
    ugh trek. I'll check the freezer for some frozen pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Kold wrote: »
    Sandro wont be missed with Scotty stepping up. Result depends on how Avb sets us up I reckon. If we attack I can see us getting the double, if we sit deep, United will take us apart.

Having seen Sandro up close in Tallaght last season, I'd be surprised if anyone can do his job..

And arguably Vertonghen..

I love this man so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

That United team is pretty much all I've ever wanted since Kagawa signed. As long as he plays behind the strikers.

Kold wrote: »

I'm alot happier seeing Parker play instead tbh. Think Sandro's a super player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

RVP still not satisfied. Legend.

• Advertisement

Shreevesto RVP: " what do you think it will feel like if you don't win the league this year?"

Insightful as ever. :rolleyes:

Shreevesto RVP: " what do you think it will feel like if you don't win the league this year?"

One of the worst questions ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Have to love what RVP had to say there!

ugh trek. I'll check the freezer for some frozen pizza.

Nothing that even resembles frozen pizza. Had to painstakingly manufacture a tuna melt from scratch. I hope you're happy cambo.

Does anyone else hate when André Villas Boas is talking? Sounds like he's talking into a large desk fan.

Nothing that even resembles frozen pizza. Had to painstakingly manufacture a tuna melt from scratch. I hope you're happy cambo.
    Course I am. I had pizza for breakfast. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

"Why did you want the game to go ahead???"

Jesus bloody christ Shreeves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

David Pleat, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

This could be the game where we see Kagawa finally correctly deployed in his Dortmund role.

Hopefully he will really shine today and we get to see him dissect that Spurs backline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Put a euro on United to win 4-3.
    100/1
    Daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He should have answered, "I'd feel like I was still at Arsenal,now fuck off with your stupid questions"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This could be the game where we see Kagawa finally correctly deployed in his Dortmund role.

Hopefully he will really shine today and we get to see him dissect that Spurs backline.

Was thinking the same myself,Fergie still hasn't worked out how to get the best out of him so hopefully today will be the day that he runs riot.

Neville and Redknapp are to punditry what David Attenborough and Bill Oddie are to nature programming.

Some hair on the Spurs bench there!

Lol @ Assou Ekotto and Huddlestone having an "Afro off" on the subs bench graphics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Utd bench is something else, Valencia, Rooney, Chico, Anderson and even Giggs in his recent form.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sky Sports billing this as 'payback'? Really? FFS, is Super Sunday not enough?

5starpool wrote: »
    Sky Sports billing this as 'payback'? Really? FFS, is Super Sunday not enough?

Both games were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

Any good sites to stream this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Kag central - his chance to shine

Advertisement