Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham v Manchester United [KO 4PM - SSHD1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Rio, beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Played Rio, defoe took way too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Phew. Well done Rio

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rio you ****ing legend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Super block from Rio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Defoe had too much time there.

CATCH THAT DDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

That was awful from Defoe there. Nearly missed the ball completely on the volley when he could just have headed it as it dropped to him.

Great challenge there from Ferdinand. Defoe again takes too much time sorting his feet out.

Sake Evra, gotta be a better ball than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

How long did defoe want with the ball, christ! Should be shot, good play from rio though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

can see spurs nickin one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Blow the whistle ref!!!

Huddlestone on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Smalling coming on?! What's that about?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Great tackle by Ferdinand but he should never have got the chance to get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No although that could have been or not. The only difference between that and the Dempsey one was that Dempsey is confident enough to try and get his shot away despite contact, whereas Rooney was only too happy to throw himself to the floor the second he got into the box and was touched. Outside the box and Rooney stays on his feet.

How could he stay on his feet when he was tripped? It's not possible to do. I completely disagree with your assessment of the Rooney incident.

If I was Dempsey, I'd have gone down under the contact but it wasn't even a similar incident to Rooney's, with regards to the contact made.

Sake Evra, gotta be a better ball than that

Probably should have hit it low and hard across the keeper.

Almost time for you to continue your sniping on every one of my posts on a Man united thread once again. You do make the place very unwelcoming sometimes you know. Now where is the crying my eyes out smiley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

syngindub wrote: »
    can see spurs nickin one

They would hardly be nicking one they are far the better side out there

• Advertisement

double GG wrote: »
    Probably should have hit it low and hard across the keeper.

no i think it had to just be played sooner when welbeck was in

Well played Valencia. Need you more than ever

Almost time for you to continue your sniping on every one of my posts on a Man united thread once again. You do make the place very unwelcoming sometimes you know. Now where is the crying my eyes out smiley?

all you ever do though is come in with anti united posts. its never about the pens we should have or decisions that go against us.

Quit the petty sniping now

Who me? I don't think I've ever conversed with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Spurs only have themselves to blame if they get nothing out of this, have been utterly woeful in front of goal.

• Advertisement

How could he stay on his feet when he was tripped? It's not possible to do. I completely disagree with your assessment of the Rooney incident.

If I was Dempsey, I'd have gone down under the contact but it wasn't even a similar incident to Rooney's, with regards to the contact made.

There was contact in the box, if he goes down it is a pen. He tried to stay on his feet, fair play to him, if Rooney does the same he possibly creates a chance for himself. Whether or not he. Oils stay on his feet, well we have seen a lot of it before where he rides challenge after challenge when he goes on a marauding run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Dembele is an absolute animal, so strong on the ball.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Spurs only have themselves to blame if they get nothing out of this, have been utterly woeful in front of goal.

they have also had no striker to bring on to change it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Not enjoying this now.

At all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rooney should definitely have had a penalty. I'm not sure why there's a debate about it.

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Not enjoying this now.

At all..

And my father just arrived in to add to the tension. He'll be shouting for Spurs for the next 10 minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If Bale spent less time looking for the corner he could have nipped a goal after De Gea fumbled.

My heart rate has suddenly trebled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

They would hardly be nicking one they are far the better side out there
    they have the momentum as they are behind

monkey9 wrote: »
    Rooney should definitely have had a penalty. I'm not sure why there's a debate about it.

thinks its obvious why

There was contact in the box, if he goes down it is a pen. He tried to stay on his feet, fair play to him, if Rooney does the same he possibly creates a chance for himself. Whether or not he. Oils stay on his feet, well we have seen a lot of it before where he rides challenge after challenge when he goes on a marauding run.

Some challenges you just can't ride. His left leg trips over Naughton's, I think it was. I think you're being incredibly harsh there.

all you ever do though is come in with anti united posts. its never about the pens we should have or decisions that go against us.

Have a look around my posts on this thread and tell me how many have been anti united. As for not talking about decisions you should have got, I agreed that should have been a pen, so that seems to be that theory shot to hell. You are wrong, face it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Time is going so slow.

Have a look around my posts on this thread and tell me how many have been anti united. As for not talking about decisions you should have got, I agreed that should have been a pen, so that seems to be that theory shot to hell. You are wrong, face it and move on.

nope, you are talking **** as usual. as you are a mod though i have to be careful what i say.

certain people know how to play the system and get away with it by being cute about how they post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If United had the chances Spurs have had they would have scored 4-5 goals. One of the most amateurish performances in front of goal ive seen in the Premier League.

• Advertisement

It stops right here, right now. Yellow cards will be handed it out after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Snow is fairly belting down now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Rio has been unreal today.

If United had the chances Spurs have had they would have scored 4-5 goals. One of the most amateurish performances in front of goal ive seen in the Premier League.

think tyler used the term efficient for us and its true

spurs deserve a point here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

they have also had no striker to bring on to change it up

Still managed 14 attempts to 4 so zero sympathy for them.

The one time you want time to fly!!

Read again, posts are there for all to see and no e have been anti united. Congratulated Ferdinand for a great hallenge. Said that Rooney should have been a pen, and if he managed to stay on his feet he may have created a chance. I have not been abusive and I have not said anything negative about man I. Read again eg. Buoy are making yourself look silly today.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Still managed 14 attempts to 4 so zero sympathy for them.

true, see above post. inefficient from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Fergie's beanie is on backwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The ref should abandon the match now for the craic.

Advertisement