Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre to the home in Dublin

• 28-11-2004 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

I posted a thread over in the Cable/MMDS/Broadband forum about a new TV service provider who is going to use 'Fibre to the Home' in Dublin.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=205454

Anyway it seems that a new company 'Magnet Networks' is planning on providing FTTH access, with some very impressive access speeds being quoted [2 Mb basic].

As they seem to be starting with new housing developments, I was wondering has anyone noticed any digging being done (on behalf of) this crowd?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You may just be jumping the gun a bit here, firstly it's only to new homes and secondly it's probably to whole estates so everyone on the estate get TV+Phone+Internet all for €50 (?) a month or something like that; so in all likelihood we wont be seeing these guys in lots of new estates. Have they ever rolled out in an estate any sort of service or is this all "in the future", I know someone on the IralndOffline board mentioned something like this. It would be great if it was really rolled out everywhere like what Verizon are doing in certain parts of the US. Fibre.....DROOLLLLL :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

What a website...

Do they offer salvation too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭cutepape

Move to Sweden ;-)

Broadband Company

They offer 24Mbit for €40/month.

If you live in an apartment you are able to get 10Mbit for €30/month (no limit) or 100Mbit for €75/month (300Gb limit)

The only thing I miss about sweden is that...

Still waiting for the Ripwave package to be sent out.... =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Smart Telecom are doing a service in the new apartments in Smithfield Square which they are calling 'True Broadband' which includes phone/internet/cctv service.

Advertisement