Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Arsenal K.O 13:30 FA Premier League SS1/HD/3D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

ConorCBS wrote: »
    He did stick his leg out?

No he didn't. Shez. Was on the floor and his legs parralel to his front. His legs was spread and same with his hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Shut the **** up Niall Quinn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ivan seems to be getting worse as the weeks go by now, your just waiting on his next mistake these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

5starpool wrote: »
    No not a red imo. Pen all day long but didn't bring him down deliberately.

It doesn't have to be deliberate. Denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity is reason enough to be sent off.

I can maybe see how people are saying that Ramires looked for it, but once the ref gives the pen that becomes a moot point. I think he needs to give the red, given the position Ramires is in.

Niall Quinn trying to get into the Guinness book of records for number of cliche's spouted in a 60 second period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

No he didn't. Shez. Was on the floor and his legs parralel to his front. His legs was spread and same with his hands

He was spread out and Ramires went over his left leg...

ConorCBS wrote: »
    He was spread out and Ramires went over his left leg...

Watch the replay again and u see his legs or arms wasnt dangling. Ramirez fell directly in front of shez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Arsenal goal before half time would be nice. Would set up a good second half.

It doesn't have to be deliberate. Denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity is reason enough to be sent off.

I can maybe see how people are saying that Ramires looked for it, but once the ref gives the pen that becomes a moot point. I think he needs to give the red, given the position Ramires is in.

Looked to me like he could've got to it first if he wanted but to make the contact with Sczcesny happen he had to take a path away from the ball and Diaby would've got there first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Torres!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ramirez has some cheek to be giving out about being fouled when he nearly broke Coq's ankle in the build up to the first goal,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Soups123 wrote: »
    Still not clear
    But it's a clear opportunity... :pac:

Doesn't bear thinking about how bad this would be if Chelsea weren't playing with 10 players on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Another beauty from Torres... jesus.

So Torres actually is on the pitch. There was me thinking we were playing with 10 men. :rolleyes:

Looked to me like he could've got to it first if he wanted but to make the contact with Sczcesny happen he had to take a path away from the ball and Diaby would've got there first.

Actually, now that I think of it, it's probably that "moving towards the goal" nonsense that is part of the law. Ramires is technically moving away from the goal, so a red isn't mandatory. Which is nonsense, considering that stepping to the side can often give a better chance at goal than facing it head on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Torres in a new job launching objects for the European Space Agency? That was shocking again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

he nearly had too long to take that

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Walcott seems to have forgotten how the offside rule works.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ramirez has some cheek to be giving out about being fouled when he nearly broke Coq's ankle in the build up to the first goal,

Lol, it was a bad tackle yes but he was nowhere near his ankle, your comments are becoming laughable lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

How different this might be if Giroud had taken that easy chance just before Chelseas first.

• Advertisement

Bender is better than Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Walcott getting caught offside far too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Arsenal are terrible, Wilshere is the only player that looks interested

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cambo2008 wrote: »
    But it's a clear opportunity... :pac:

It's clearly an opportunity but not a clear opportunity :pac:

Lol, it was a bad tackle yes but he was nowhere near his ankle, your comments are becoming laughable lad!

Nowhere near his ankle?? Watch the replays at halftime. Lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

well that was feckin awful

Chelsea will concede at least one if they keep trying to play that high offside. Giroud got behind them earlier and Walcott, if he holds one of his runs, will roast Ivanovic and Cahill if they keep giving him that space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Bender is better than Torres

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuROOB6qqdoZG84FntVE2ls9lXRvnC5_oKoVCUE4F9mE9i6IYx

easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Walcott seems to have forgotten how the offside rule works.
    Atleast he's trying to get in behind in fairness to him he looks the most likely source of a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Major surgery needed but the patient will be allowed to die i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

sagna off and diaby off. rotten display so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I smell a second half comeback, optimistic!

Bendter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

iMuse wrote: »
    Arsenal are terrible, Wilshere is the only player that looks interested

Sadly thats the case with a lot of Arsenal games these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Inexcusable the amount of times Walcott is being caught offside. The last 2 he has been offside for the whole phase of play - seems to be little awareness of where he is in relation to the defenders.

Really poor stuff from Walcott, you would expect better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Absolutely dreadful half from Arsenal. Chelsea playing well and ripping us apart on the counter (except Torres)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Coquelin and Wilshere the only ones that look like doing something when on the ball. Sagna, Diaby, Cazorla and Giroud have been dreadful. Walcott no better but he can find space if he stays onside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Chelsea playing brilliantly. The link up between Mata, Hazard and Oscar has been magical at times. Ramires and Lampard have dominated midfield, Ramires in particular is everywhere while Azpilicueta had a super first half, marking Cazorla out of the game and playing the long pass to Mata for the first goal.

With a top striker and maybe another midfielder and a manager that the club can get behind I think this club is more than capable of challenging for the title next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

We're doing very well with 10 men Torres has been dire, Hazard having great game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Off Topic: looks like Spurs/United might get called off. Snowing heavy and the ref and his team are going to make a decision at ten to 3.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Sagna should be embarrassed disgrace to the shirt. Coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Have a look at the replays. He very easily could've broke an ankle, and it was a definite foul. Even Jamie Redknapp with his blinkers on admitted that.

Nowhere near his ankle?? Watch the replays at halftime. Lad.

I just did he stood on the top of his foot... again never breaking his ankle here, bad tackle yes, almost broke his ankle.... not a chance!

TheGunns wrote: »
    I smell a second half comeback, optimistic!
    That's some fcukin nose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

smuckers wrote: »
    We're doing very well with 10 men Torres has been dire, Hazard having great game

And we're lucky to be only 2 down with about 3 players on the pitch.

• Advertisement

I just did he stood on the top of his foot... again never breaking his ankle here, bad tackle yes, almost broke his ankle.... not a chance!

Ok doctor.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Have a look at the replays. He very easily could've broke an ankle, and it was a definite foul. Even Jamie Redknapp with his blinkers on admitted that.

Never said it wasn't a foul, in real time I tuted to myself and said it was a foul. It was however nowhere near breaking his ankle as you've suggested, he stood on the top of his foot, studs down.

DB10 wrote: »
    Sagna should be embarrassed disgrace to the shirt. Coward.
    The lad broke two legs in the shirt, he might have lost some but he's no coward. Cop on

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Ramires blatant cheating there, well spotted by Neville. Two dodgey decisions once again.

U see red knapp says its a dive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement