Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Arsenal K.O 13:30 FA Premier League SS1/HD/3D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We're playing with the snow on our backs in the 2nd half. Comeback on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

DB10 wrote: »
    Ramires blatant cheating there, well spotted by Neville. Two dodgey decisions once again.

Well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Chelsea playing brilliantly. The link up between Mata, Hazard and Oscar has been magical at times. Ramires and Lampard have dominated midfield, Ramires in particular is everywhere while Azpilicueta had a super first half, marking Cazorla out of the game and playing the long pass to Mata for the first goal.

With a top striker and maybe another midfielder and a manager that the club can get behind I think this club is more than capable of challenging for the title next season.

The glaring contradiction in the above is..... ah what's the point.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

SB Nation Soccer @SBNationSoccer
    Still no word on whether United, Spurs or Arsenal will be playing football today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Bender is better than Torres
    Bendter

Bendtner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Soups123 wrote: »
    It wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity 2 defenders there. Yellow was correct.

It was a clear goalscoring opporunity. No keeper, just a player on the line who can't handle it. Should have been a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

sonic85 wrote: »
    sagna off and diaby off. rotten display so far

Sagna doesn't want to be there and Diaby is just not able - no point being soft about this - Diaby's injury has killed his career - if AW can't see that Mbiwa would fit into this Arsenal team, that he's better than we have - then maybe I know SFA about football.

If we can get a goal early we might get a result ... or we could lose 5 - 0. We're not in the same class as the top 4 at the moment. Unless we sign some class players either now or in the summer then I think we will see some very barren years - not just not winning cups - but our quality of football has dipped seriously in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Never said it wasn't a foul, in real time I tuted to myself and said it was a foul. It was however nowhere near breaking his ankle as you've suggested, he stood on the top of his foot, studs down.

If you can;t see how that could break an ankle then you really are talking shíte tbh. Dreadful tackle.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was a terrible tackle and a clear foul but wasn't a leg breaker for me. Studs went straight down, not following through.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Neither Chelsea goal should have counted, which alas is probably what Wenger will focus on. Chronic performance. Wengera comments about there being no players to improve us are so ****ing ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

As bad as Arsenal have been, there was a foul in the build up for the first and it was never a penalty.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

The lad broke two legs in the shirt, he might have lost some but he's no coward. Cop on

I didnt realise getting injuries makes people brave, some logic.

The mans an embarrassment, his "injury" when he didnt play to the whistle because he got a wee kick summed him up. A coward pure and simple pulling out of tackles and not caring about tracking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

monkey9 wrote: »
    It was a clear goalscoring opporunity. No keeper, just a player on the line who can't handle it. Should have been a red.

It wasn't even a penalty - Ramires dived - but that still doesn't cover up the defensive shambles.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shots have been blocked from the line before by outfield players, besides on seeing the replay it was a dive.

AdamD wrote: »
    As bad as Arsenal have been, there was a foul in the build up for the first and it was never a penalty.

Again well said

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Just a player on the line makes it not clear, it's quite simple

Mickeroo wrote: »
    On seeing the replay it was a dive.

I told u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I seriously won't be able to relax or enjoy this game until Chelsea get a third or if it stays 2-0 until like the 85th minute or something.

If Southampton can come back from 2-0 down, Arsenal are more than capable of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The mans an embarrassment, his "injury" when he didnt play to the whistle because he got a wee kick summed him up. A coward pure and simple pulling out of tackles and not caring about tracking back.

How can you watch Sagna for what 4 years(?) and determine he is a coward based on one, albeit awful, performance? He is one that has traditionally always given his all.

• Advertisement

You haven't a clue so I won't bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Was a terrible tackle and a clear foul but wasn't a leg breaker for me. Studs went straight down, not following through.

Disagree, Le Coq's studs were in the turf. Could easily have been an ankle breaker.

How can you watch Sagna for what 4 years(?) and determine he is a coward based on one, albeit awful, performance? He is one that has traditionally always given his all.

One performance??? Have you watched us at all this season. Sagna never turned up this year at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

should have done better there

Square it Walcott!

Improved from the first half, lets hope they actually manage to do something not like last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Better this half but should have scored.
    Why do we always wait until we are 2 down to start playing?

• Advertisement

You haven't a clue so I won't bother

Great response, the standard of posting has gone down here. Get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Quazzie wrote: »
    One performance??? Have you watched us at all this season. Sagna never turned up this year at all.

Yeah generally he has been poor this season, doesn't mean he's a coward ffs.

Just a player on the line makes it not clear, it's quite simple

I see, so when a player is one on one with a goalkeeper only to be brought down by a defender running behind him, that's not a red either?

It was a clear goalscoring opportunity, an opportunity that was denied him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rafa should have hauled Torres off at HT and brought on Ba to kill the game of early.

Its going to bite him on the arse here.

I see, so when a player is one on one with a goalkeeper only to be brought down by a defender running behind him, that's not a red either?

It was a clear goalscoring opportunity, an opportunity that was denied him.
    Two defenders behind the keeper his touch was side wards not a clear opportunity easy yellow most watching agree

Plus it was a dive

• Advertisement

It is because the defender was behind him. Neither Scez nor the defenders were behind Ramires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Diaby looks like bambi on ice. Shocking first touch and passing all game. Not tracking back either.

Diaby looks like bambi on ice. Shocking first touch and passing all game. Not tracking back either.

Nobody has tracked back in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If it stays like this Chelsea will win

No shít Sherlock :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I agree, if it stays 2-0 to Chelsea, Chelsea will win.

I disagree.

That's quality calling

If Arsenal score 2 without reply it'll be a draw

That's quality calling

If Arsenal score 2 without reply it'll be a draw

Classic case of "That would have been a goal if it had went in!" syndrome.

It is because the defender was behind him. Neither Scez nor the defenders were behind Ramires.

What i'm saying is just because there's a player on the line doesn't make a difference in it being a red or not. He has a shot on goal from six yards which was denied him, a shot on goal which will more than not lead to a goal. If a goalkeeper is on the line and he's brought down, it's still a red because he's being denied a shot on goal with just the keeper the beat.

Whether the penalty should have been given is another thing altogether, but once it was awarded, it should have resulted in a red for the keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Come on ffs!!

push there on Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Girioud...

Should've been a penalty probably.

Walcott you little beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

About ****ing time!

Come on Theo!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Torres:rolleyes:

cmonnn, unbelievable.

• Advertisement

YOU ****ING BEAUTY!!!!!!

Advertisement