Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident due to Ice or Snow

Options
  • 20-01-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

On the way home from collecting the Sunday Papers in NISA at the Fiveways in Newry and a bit of walk around Slieve Gullion - we were on the M1 heading back to Dundalk and we could see two Garda cars travelling fast up the M1 heading north.

We were passed the Carrickdale at this point and coming upto the Sportsman's/Ravensdale exit and there was another Garda car on the road in the fast lane.

We pulled off and went up to the bridge over the M1 to see what had happened.

A car had rolled over and it looks like they were taking the slip road from this bridge down onto the M1 heading north and must have lost control or slid on the snow/ice - and the car rolled.

Just hope all in the car are ok!

The M1 is fine no issues but that sliproad down was covered in snow and the old road past the Sportsman's is icey.

Took a picture as I had the camera with me.

Take care on the roads out there - most are fine but there are pockets of poor icey/snowy conditions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The Guvnor wrote: »

Took a picture as I had the camera with me.

I can't abide Rubber-neckers! Why do that??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Come on Srameen - not all Garda presence is due to an accident as we have seen recently.

Why take the picture - I had the camera with me, the accident did not look that bad thankfully and as we can see from the picture - the roads may not look bad but parts of them are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

I can't abide Rubber-neckers! Why do that??? :confused:
    It's as real life as you can get and a good indication to all drivers to be extra vigilant with these trecherous roads...
    I for one looked at that and took a deep breath! :eek:

I've seen plenty of overturned cars on the M1 without inclement weather and at several different times of the day but the weather being too pleasant doesn't get blamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Come on Srameen - not all Garda presence is due to an accident as we have seen recently.

Why take the picture - I had the camera with me, the accident did not look that bad thankfully and as we can see from the picture - the roads may not look bad but parts of them are bad.

Great snap, don't let the high horse jockeys put you off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Was that your photo that appeared on the front page of the Dundalk Democrat The Guvnor? Just glanced at it in newsagents.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Take care on the roads out there - most are fine but there are pockets of poor icey/snowy conditions.

Have to say I agree with Srameen......nosiness was the only reason you turned off....to be nosy! When there is an accident on a road in ireland the traffic jams are actually caused by rubber neckers....not the accident itself.

Yes do take care out there as The Guvnor says....because if you don't The Guvnor will be waiting to take a picture of you and your car upside down, on its side, whatever!.......Have people nothing better to do with there time!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

D.R Adams wrote: »
    Have to say I agree with Srameen......nosiness was the only reason you turned off....to be nosy! When there is an accident on a road in ireland the traffic jams are actually caused by rubber neckers....not the accident itself.

Yes do take care out there as The Guvnor says....because if you don't The Guvnor will be waiting to take a picture of you and your car upside down, on its side, whatever!.......Have people nothing better to do with there time!

Seriously come down off that high horse.

He's entitled to take the snap and he did so safely. I'd rather he took the picture from where he did rather than whilst driving by.

He caused little to no danger in the action he took.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Was that your photo that appeared on the front page of the Dundalk Democrat The Guvnor? Just glanced at it in newsagents.

I doubt it unless it was taken from this thread! I'll check out the democrat now.

Advertisement