Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few Q's regarding Vamo and Genesis Atomisers

Options
  • 20-01-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Okay so I''m thinking of upgrading my vaping kit. I was out at new years off my tits and decided to take a drag of a cigarette. It was pretty good. All of a sudden I noticed my ego twist lacked something. That being said when I'm sober or relatively sober and I take a drag of a smoke now and I can actually taste it, I don't like the taste of smokes, I prefer vaping while sober any day. Vaping is awesome, smoking sucks arse don't get me wrong. Anyways this planted the seed, that perhaps I should upgrade so my vaping device can easily knock the socks off any smoker. I don't ever want to feel like my vaping device is lacking compared to smoking. I'm far too snobbish (plus superiority complex) of a person for that. :D

My conclusion:

Vamo V2 + Genesis Atomiser <- sounds like the best bang for buck past the ego twist and kanger I'm currently vaping on.

Questions:

To all ye vaping gurus out there who have experience with Variable Voltage and Fancy Arse Atomisers. What do you think of that combination as best bang for buck?

The genesis I'm looking at getting is the AGA-T+ Rebuildable Atomizer (I like being able to see how much juice I have left and the price is reasonable.) Is this the best bang for buck genesis device that you can also see how much juice you have (tank style) ?

Final question. The Vamo V2 is available in Gun Metal Chrome and Regular Chrome. I'm thinking of getting the Gun Metal because I prefer that kinda look (I prefer the black/dark look) but I'm concerned the black effect might chip or scrape off and look crappy after a while... What do ya think?

Thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

What mg strength are you using? Sometimes that whack is all that's missing.

If you're already at or past the 20mg mark, then the devices mentioned will be a big step up, but the AGAs are super-heavy, bear that in mind.

Also, the thing that really blew everything out of the water for me was building dual coils. Not even nearly a contest between vaping and smoking anymore if you go that route.

The gun metal will rub off rather than chip off over time, or scrape off against keys/the ground (as will the chrome, but with the gun metal it'll look more pronounced).

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I vape at 12mg. I think it's more vapour production. I got the Smoketech DCT (has a dual coil cartomiser in a tank) and I really like that, because I like vaping from cartomisers (the taste is nice) and I like tanks (can see the juice, less fiddling with refilling). Anything that needs refilled or charged or changed or anything I don't like. I'm busy and lazy (not a good combination). I don't even really like the thought of rebuilding that much (I plan on having several mini novas and kangers and spare heads lying around for when I couldnt' be arsed rebuilding) But... if I try it, and if the vape is superior... then all that might change :)

I don't really want to go too high on the nicotine as I get the jitters. The weight of it I don't mind, but thanks for making me aware of that.

What do you use to build dual coils out of curiosity?

Also the chrome effect rubbing off doesn't sound so bad. But you have confirmed my suspicions that it will probably come off. Keys wise I'm super careful where my keys are in regards to my artificial intelligence phone and ego batteries. (I bought one cheap chinese ego knock off that got a few little marks, but my original ego batteries are all still in good condition). Choices choices. It is only €40... and more than likely by the time it's looking all scuffed up (if I really do like this thing) a new version will come out and it will give me a good exuse to upgrade! Right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

you will also need an adapter for the vamo with a T3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm gaping a gunmetal vamo and genesis at the moment.Its a great combo,I find myself using watts instead of voltage now though as its more consistent.The gunmetal finish gets covered in finger prints but so does the chrome.The chrome and gunmetal will most likely serve the same time as they're both just played.

You can't really beat the vamo for the price

@vaperus - Ya saw a post about T3 Needing adaptors, thanks for reminding me, will make sure and order some when I'm ordering the kit.

@ pmcmahon - Good to know brother. Here what genesis are you using and would you say it's your most satisfying vape experience on the old vamo?? Yea you can't beat the vamo for the price that's what everyone says :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

illicit007 wrote: »

@ pmcmahon - Good to know brother. Here what genesis are you using and would you say it's your most satisfying vape experience on the old vamo?? Yea you can't beat the vamo for the price that's what everyone says :)
    I have 2 vh genesis (budget genesis),one I got off a very kind poster on here and I rushed out to buy another to experiment on.One im using with the usual stainless steel wick set up,the other one i have set up for dripping.Dripping Swedish fish onto the genesis on a 1.9 to 2.0 ohm coil at 7.5 watts or so,on a vamo is just....yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

FYI - The VH is a decent unit for the price, but mine is just about 3 1/2 months old and pretty much knackered at this stage - Chrome is wearing off the tank and I need to clean off black/green gunk from around the seals pretty much every other day now or it tastes friggin disgusting ...

Its going in the bin soon enough and will never buy anything other than a stainless steel unit again.

Go for the AGA I reckon, although you should have a peek at some of the non-genesis tank style Rebuildable atty's as well, lots of peeps are having great luck with them and stainless mesh without the headaches that can come with a genesis if you don't have the patience.

And honestly I thought not being able to see my juice would be a pain in the arse but you can tell when things are running dry pretty easily its not like a silica wick where you suddenly get the greenies from a dry hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, the Clockworks RDA or Bulli would be my recommendation. Pretty easy to set up and give a great vape even on a Twist. I never got the extra performance from genesis types to be honest. They are a bear to set up and do work well but for me the pain of setting up isn't rewarded by a significantly better vape than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

illicit007 wrote: »
    What do you use to build dual coils out of curiosity?

.15 Kanthal, #400 SS mesh in the RDA (easy atty to build in due to relatively large post-holes and screws).
    Same set-up, different sized-wicks in the AGA, plus the parts of wire that are in the air in the AGA are doubled back and twisted to prevent hotspots.
    Cotton will work just as well as mesh taste-wise (or it does for me), but you have to replace the cotton more often, whereas you can dry burn with SS and pick the gunk off. I've had the same two wicks in my RDA for months now.
    Apart from a weekly dry-burn and a monthly coil change, tastes as good as when it was first made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Just got a vamo this week and so far I'm very happy with it. The difference between it and the ego C twist is massive, even just using kangers. The finish seems fine but I've only had it a few days so too early to comment on whether it will rub off or not (i got the gunmetal one). It weighs a tonne and its not exactly inconspicuous when you're in public but neither of those things bother me too much.

• Advertisement

@ rickyjb - Thanks for the comments. Good to know even using Kangers the difference with the Vamo is massive compared to ego twists. Yea weight and conspicuousness isn't an issue for me either, but good to know.

@ grindle - thanks - feck it I might get the AGA+T and the clockworks RDA so I can try both for myself - I might just get the Vamo and use carto tanks and clearomisers until the vapemeet. I always find I wrap my head around things by seeing and doing first hand

@ greenhornet - thanks for making me aware of this ... I've always been scared buy rebuildables but I'm going to take the plunge at some stage - will check out RDA styles for sure

@ deevy - yea this is what I'm hearing alright! :)

Thanks fellas

Advertisement