Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Tickets for Games in Spain

• 20-01-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

I'm Going too Spain in late March to early April and I was wondering what the deal was with with (a)buying tickets for games and (b) Finding out what day games are actually on. Is there a particular good site for this taking in the entire league pyramid system. I will be in Madrid, Toledo, Caceres and Seville.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I can tell you that for most Atletí games you can just head down to the Calderon on the day of the match and would have no problem picking up a ticket from one of the stalls at the stadium.

Would probably pay about 30e or so. The case would probably be different for one of the big games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Went to see a Real march in Madrid last year. Asked the locals where to buy a ticket and was told to just use an ATM. Sure enough most ATMs over there have an option to buy tickets for almost anything. Like a Ticketmaster section built in with the money directly taken from your account and ticket printed out like a receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Patser wrote: »
    Went to see a Real march in Madrid last year. Asked the locals where to buy a ticket and was told to just use an ATM. Sure enough most ATMs over there have an option to buy tickets for almost anything. Like a Ticketmaster section built in with the money directly taken from your account and ticket printed out like a receipt.

Brilliant idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

They don't decide the times of the games until about a week before they're actually played.

What game are you planning on seeing? Bar a very few fixtures, you should be able to buy tickets at the stadium on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Patser wrote: »

Thats a brilliant idea.

Would you need to have a good bit of Spanish for that option?

Also I know there is a spanish sports paper. Would that have the times and dates of games that have been moved around for TV?

Whats the best bet for finding that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Thats a brilliant idea.

Would you need to have a good bit of Spanish for that option?

Nope, there's a choose language option available. But I do remember it taking a little while as you had to go through a fair few screens - choose event type, choose match, choose section, choose seat etc. So find w quiet ATM so you don't have a queue of impatient Spaniards behind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya ATM is your handiest bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah I got screwed over about 6 or 7 years ago when I was gifted a trip to Barcelona for my junior cert results from the family and with flights booked and all they moved the game forward a day so missed it, still did the stadium tour and everything but didn't get to see one of my favourite players of all time play (Ronaldinho). Fun bit of trivia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

At the moment, La Liga has a very low turnout in the stadiums from what I see on tv.
    Im planning on going to a Betis v Deportivo game at the end of April. Counting on getting one at the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I'm Going too Spain in late March to early April and I was wondering what the deal was with with (a)buying tickets for games and (b) Finding out what day games are actually on. Is there a particular good site for this taking in the entire league pyramid system. I will be in Madrid, Toledo, Caceres and Seville.

Any help appreciated.

As mentioned already, you'll have no problems getting tickets at the ground on the day for pretty much every match bar a Clasico or a Madrid or Seville derby.

Otherwise you can get them at ATMs, though I think only certain ATMs offer this service.

If you're going to any games in Toledo or Caceres just turn up and get the ticket at the ground. Lower league football in Spain is far more neglected than in England, you'd be talking about an attendance in the 100s rather than the 1000s.

Cheapest bar I've seen in Spain though was at Segoviana vs Salamanca in the Segunda B, so the lower league stuff does have certain advantages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Typical - I will be in Madrid on the weekend of the 23rd of March and there are no games in the league what so ever

I suppose in Toledo and Caceres I will have to ask someone in Spain as they are way down the pyramid. Toledo have quite a nice ground though after looking it up. I am leaving Toledo on the Sunday and heading for Caceres so hopefully they will play on Saturday if they are at home although its easter and the spanish are mad into that.

I dont think there is a chance of a Seville game as we are leaving Seville on the Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Any help appreciated.

If nobody here knows when the TV schedules for the games are announced, you should ask Sid Lowe, Guillem Balague, someone like that on Twitter and they should be able to tell you

On google only the times for next's weeks games are on it, compared to the PL where the TV schedules/KO times are done to the end of March now, so they mustn't announce the KO times that far in advance

All 10 fixtures are televised every week and all have an individual KO times - afaik
    at w'kend's there played on friday/sat/sun/mon, some weeks there's no game on either a fri/mon
    So you've still a good idea what days they'll be on even if it hasn't been announced yet

because of that i'd say you should be looking to be in Madrid on a gameweek, Sevilla and Betis seem to alternate home/away every week but in Madrid in March & April either Real & Getafe or Atletico & Rayo are at home each week

your worst case scenarios from that is one is playing friday night & the other monday depending on how long your going to stay there or that you wouldn't have time to make the journey from one to the other, like next sunday Real KO @ 2 & Rayo KO @ 4 - but if ones early + ones late or there on the day after the other, you could make both i'd think

your best possibly, depending on the TV scheduling is around april 7 - Real vs Levante & Getafe vs Atletico you'd see 3 of the Madrid teams or the w'kend before Rayo vs Malaga & Atletico vs Valencia

use this for the la liga fixtures, http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/laliga/fixtures?month=3&year=2013
    though it just gives a sunday and a standard time for the fixtures after next week - same as google - but it might give you an idea when they're announced if you keep an eye on it, if you don't find out somewhere else

soccerway will give you the lower leagues fixtures

EDIT: that was a waste of a post :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

World Cup qualifiers that weekend. Spain are home to Finland on March 22 but it's in Gijón. There is no First Div football that weekend but the Second is playing and there are two games in (greater) Madrid: Real Madrid B - Córdoba and Alcorcón - Numancia. Next level down (Segunda B) has a few teams in the Madrid area at home that weekend.

Cacereño are in 2B and Toledo are in 3rd Div. Futbolme.com is a great site for info on all levels of football in Spain.

As above posters have said in general it is pretty easy to get tickets in Spain..

Typical - I will be in Madrid on the weekend of the 23rd of March and there are no games in the league what so ever

I suppose in Toledo and Caceres I will have to ask someone in Spain as they are way down the pyramid. Toledo have quite a nice ground though after looking it up. I am leaving Toledo on the Sunday and heading for Caceres so hopefully they will play on Saturday if they are at home although its easter and the spanish are mad into that.

I dont think there is a chance of a Seville game as we are leaving Seville on the Saturday.

Lower league games are nearly always on a Sunday, typically at 12pm or 5pm, although that can change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Alcorcón would be a good bet but they're stadium is pretty small, about 6k, iirc.

They were the ones who beat Real 4-0 in the Copa del Rey a few years back. They're challenging near the top end of the Second Division, think they made the playoffs last year.

You could also take a trip out to the Fernando Torres stadium in Fuenlabrada, named after everyone's favourite misfiring striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Its pretty easy to get tickets for most games on the day apparently, 16 of us bought tickets for Villareal v Sevilla on the day of the game when we were at Villareal's training complex. Just us and about 40 mental Sevilla fans in the away section.

Advertisement