Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Missing in Kilkenny Town - Blaze

• 20-01-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Please keep an eye for the old boy. :(

BLAZEPOSTER.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Still no luck with finding Blaze. Some sightings but when they're followed up the dog is either not Blaze or gone. :(

He's 12 years old and suffers from eczema on his hind legs so doesn't have much hair on them which makes him easier to identify.

Please don't forget to keep an eye out and if by any chance you think you've seen him, try and get him in somewhere where he can't stray again till his owner gets there (which doesn't take long as she's in her car almost before her phone rings).

There was a sighting just before lunch of a dog which may have been him, scruffy looking (at this stage), collarless and with something on his back legs, in the bushes at the Water Barracks (Dean St roundabout) but there was no sign of him when she got there and searched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hope you find him soon xxxxxx

There was a promising sighting of him down on the river walk under the new bridge over the bypass this morning. We didn't get to hear of it till after four though but went straight down calling and shouting but no luck.

If any of you are down that way walking dogs please keep an eye out for him.

Blaze is still missing. There was a possible sighting today at 2pm.
    I saw a dog fitting Blazes description on the banks of the Dublin motorway about 800 m down from the danesfort exit on the left hand side as u exit on to the Kilkenny side. Couldn't stop as there was a row of cars directly behind me.

If any of you live around that area could you keep an eye out please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Blaze is still missing. There was a possible sighting today at 2pm.

If any of you live around that area could you keep an eye out please.

Thought I might have seen him in the hospital car park at St lukes but that dog had a battered old black collar on, and he was slightly darker than the picture.

• Advertisement

Thanks for thinking of him. I think the two labs that frequent the hospital have been ruled out. There are 11 of them wandering the town and of them 9 have been identified. Most times when she goes out after getting a sighting call the dog in question is nowhere to be seen and it takes numerous searches to locate them.

At the moment the outstanding dogs that haven't been identified are the ones spotted on the side of the motorway near Danesfort, one in Hebron and one out near the SOS on the Callan road.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

hello,just thinking of you i am so sorry to hear that your dog blaze is missing. i hope you find him safe and well and soon. it must be heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

hello as a dog owner i am feeling your heartbreak. i am sorry that your dog blaze is missing. i hope you find blaze i sincerely do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

there is a lab on this page but unfortunately does not look like your dog, maybe you can post your guy up here

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Carlow-Lost-and-Found-Dogs/177828672296054?fref=ts

Thanks for posting that. I have a feeling he was ruled out but I'm double checking.

• Advertisement

So relieved and delighted to be posting this.

This was posted on Facebook earlier by one of the searchers:
    BLAZE'S ADVENTURE: Blaze was missing 5 wks yesterday. 3 wks ago a lovely lady had a hospital app in St Lukes and Blaze walked up to her at her car, he was very poorly, he had an ear and eye infection, mange and was very skinny and weak.( God only knows where he was the first 2 wks) Deirdre had a look around to see if anyone was with him but she knew by the look of him that he was very much alone. So she said to herself ' if he gets in the boot ill take him and if he doesn't want to i won't so she opened the boot for him and he tried to get in but couldn't because he was too weak, so she took him home with her to Bagnelstown. Deirdre and her husband nursed Blaze back to health with vet treatment and lots of love and he is now fine, just needs to finish his meds. He was living in a beautiful house with a german sheppard and was very much loved and cared for. Deirdre was back at the hospital today for an app and her husband popped into The Sycamore stores for a paper and saw Blaze's poster and called Caroline. We drove to there house and low and behold it was him. There was lots of tears and giggles from all involved. Blaze has been blessed to be cared for by such a lovely couple, hes a very lucky old boy. He is now home with his own family and to say Caroline is over the moon would be an understatement. Never give up hope guys. Tks for all the help and support, as persistence has finally paid off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That's fantastic news. Those people are superstars for looking after him so well.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

They are. Completely and utterly. It restores some of my faith in human nature. Since I joined the search for the Blaze in the early days I've liked and joined a huge number of animal welfare pages on FB and every day my news feed is full of missing dogs or dogs that have been found in a dreadful state. It's heart breaking. :(

If you are on FB you should be able to see the latest one that came up on my newfeed. How anybody can let a dog get into that state is beyond me. I hope there is a very special corner of hell reserved for them.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.503920942979207.98575.308687865835850&type=1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've never understood it, how people can let that happen to an animal. I don't particularly have time to look after a dog, so I don't have one. I also hope these people meet Karma.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement