Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yale wireless alarm upgrade

Options
  • 20-01-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I have a Yale wireless alarm but the control panel is faulty, does anyone know were I can purchase a hsa-6400 control panel only, I don't need the bell or contacts
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Everywhere seems to only sell it in kit form from what I can see.
    What devices have you got on that system?
    You may get a decent Visonic or HKC kit for the same cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

You could try eBay or adverts . But to he honest they are a horrible system and I agree with koolkid in regards to HKC or Visonic . how long do you have the system ?

For the same price you could go onto eBay and order a ge simon xt with loads of sensors ( much better panel then the Yale) The only problem would be finding a suitable plug as its from the states

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

KoolKid wrote: »
    Everywhere seems to only sell it in kit form from what I can see.
    What devices have you got on that system?
    You may get a decent Visonic or HKC kit for the same cost.
    I have 4 single contact wndows, I entry, I back door and then I have 3 windows that have the looped system, (did I explain last part correct), how can I tell what model number yale I have I cant seem to see it written anywere. I know its a 6000 model but dont know which one

Post a picture of the bell , panel & sensors and il tell you :-)
    I don't understand the last part
    Does it ring you ?

• Advertisement

Post a picture of the bell , panel & sensors and il tell you :-)
    I don't understand the last part
    Does it ring you ?
    yeah it calls phone numbers when it goes off. its the very same layout as the hsa6400, the contact on the 3 windows is a long contact and then an ordinary window contact for 3 open windows are wired into it, does this make more sense.

this is what the contact looks like

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/YALE-WIRELESS-ALARM-MAG-DETECTOR-REPLACEMENT-BATTERY-PACK-FOR-HSA-3020-3000-/290767127550?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item43b31243fe

Is it this guy ? They've been discontinued for years
    According to Yale your systems sensors should be able to work with the HSA6400 panel. Although I'd advise to move away from Yale .
    Have a look at
    HKC
    Siemens
    GE simon xt
    Visonic

Is it this guy ? They've been discontinued for years
    According to Yale your systems sensors should be able to work with the HSA6400 panel. Although I'd advise to move away from Yale .
    Have a look at
    HKC
    Siemens
    GE simon xt
    Visonic

the outdoor siren looks like the one in the photo but the control panel is a hsa 6000 model, I think its an early one,if I change from yale it would mean replacing all the window and door conectors as well, that would make any of the above too expensive

were can you buy the GE simon xt.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes, if you change the panel you would need to change all the device's as well.
    Take a look at the suppliers sticky. Most in there would supply . Simon panels etc.
    I would recommend Visonic or HKC quantum over GE Simon..

sorry if I've confused you . Your Yale sensors will only work with Yale panels .
    You cannot buy Yale panels seperatly in shops.
    You'll have to check adverts or eBay for panels not in kit form . You're stuck with Yale unless you upgrade everything or buy another Yale kit . That's the downside to them and that if a window is smashed you're relying on the PIR motions to detect intruders. :)

Is it this panel :-)

• Advertisement

This is the ge simon xt
    But you'll have to order it on eBay as only eircom phonewatch can get it ( the older version )
    This is the newer version
    The touch pad can be powered via batteries or a 9v transformer
    The main system will require a transformer that you'll have to source seperatly ( electronic repair shop ect )

sorry if I've confused you . Your Yale sensors will only work with Yale panels .
    You cannot buy Yale panels seperatly in shops.
    You'll have to check adverts or eBay for panels not in kit form . You're stuck with Yale unless you upgrade everything or buy another Yale kit . That's the downside to them and that if a window is smashed you're relying on the PIR motions to detect intruders. :)

Is it this panel :-)

yeap that is the control panel

Before you decide anything what exactly is wrong with the panel ? If its the internal battery they can be got on eBay cheaply from the UK . Have you tried resetting it ?
    Remove the power and turn off the battery switch . If that doesn't work try a complete system reset

Before you decide anything what exactly is wrong with the panel ? If its the internal battery they can be got on eBay cheaply from the UK . Have you tried resetting it ?
    Remove the power and turn off the battery switch . If that doesn't work try a complete system reset
    gone completly dead, even with the power cable in, Ill try that, how would I know what model it is, its not written on the back or in the display.

It's the Yale HSA6400
    Is the outside bell not going off with the panel dead ?
    is the socket the the transformer is plugged into working ? Try another socket
    If that doesn't work open up the panel and check for fuses and check that the battery inside it isn't faulty

Advertisement