Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda on match duty

• 20-01-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Just drove down brookvile ave and I see that our local garda are taking pictures of the cars parked "illegally"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Well, if they're parked "illegally", the gardai are doing their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Just drove down brookvile ave and I see that our local garda are taking pictures of the cars parked "illegally"

During the Limerick/Man City game last I couldn't drive the length of Brookville ave without having to yeild rwice to an oncoming truck and a bus because of cars parked on both sides of the road, some on double yellow and some parked opposite a continuous white line.

Park illegally - pay the fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Good on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

This is brilliant - I can think of loads and loads of places in Limerick where the lighting and ambiance is just fantastic for our Gardaí to be out taking artistic snapshots of illegal behaviour.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

Lads, the Guards have been ticketing cars there for a couple of years or more. There are double yellow lines from the LIT roundabout down to the B&B and I spotted a "No Parking" sign tied to at least one of the trees along there so if anyone got a ticket, they can't really complain that they didn't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Next place they should ticket are the cars parked outside Small Claws!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

When I see the grass margins ploughed up around LIT and Brookville Ave. after match days, from cars parked with no concern for damage to the local area which in fairness is always well maintained, I say 'well done' to the Gardai for enforcing the law and ticketing the vandals responsible.

Those people who park with no regard for public property deserve all the tickets they receive.

Advertisement