Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else suffer terrible speeds Monasterevin peak time?

• 20-01-2013 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi guys.Iv just recently signed up to vodafone 8meg package and its perfect until after 6 in the evenings.Then im only getting 2mbps and sometimes less than 1mbps.Vodafone are no help and dont seem to care.Iv tried everything and im certain the fault is their end.Ill hope to get out of the contract if it persists as for xbox live or streaming its nothing short of brutal and my O2 hotshot was proving more stable..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Anyone or is it just my line?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Boards user Dcully has been banging on for years about Monasterevin.

Thanks bob.Ill try get some info from him.3g looks more stable down here its a shambles..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi giggsy, i just seen this now.
    Its been fine for me the last few months after 2 occasions of similar issues to what your experiencing.
    Both occasions took 7+ months of me banging on about it before anything got done.
    As i say its been fine ever since,having said that i havent watched things closely in terms of download speed as gaming pings were fine ,how are pings for you after 6 pm?

I switched to sky last Friday and im watching things like a hawk and i noticed my download speed dropping from 7mb to about 3mb after 6 pm lastnight.
    Im wondering if this is connected after reading your post? This has me worried if its an issue with the exchange allover again.
    I put it down to sky telling people they will be carrying out tests for 10 days and we will see fluctuating speeds.

The last time we had this issue it took one of the eircom reps here on boards to sort things out after my constant complaining to support.
    Eventually they found a fault with some card or something in the exchange in Portlaoise which is connected to Monasterevin.
    7 bloody months banging on about it,each time i rang them they said there was no issue, every time i provided evidence with ping tests etc they said there was no issue,it wasnt until i got neighbours to contact the boards rep too that things moved :(

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi giggsy, i just seen this now.
    Its been fine for me the last few months after 2 occasions of similar issues to what your experiencing.
    Both occasions took 7+ months of me banging on about it before anything got done.
    As i say its been fine ever since,having said that i havent watched things closely in terms of download speed as gaming pings were fine ,how are pings for you after 6 pm?

I switched to sky last Friday and im watching things like a hawk and i noticed my download speed dropping from 7mb to about 3mb after 6 pm lastnight.
    Im wondering if this is connected after reading your post? This has me worried if its an issue with the exchange allover again.
    I put it down to sky telling people they will be carrying out tests for 10 days and we will see fluctuating speeds.

The last time we had this issue it took one of the eircom reps here on boards to sort things out after my constant complaining to support.
    Eventually they found a fault with some card or something in the exchange in Portlaoise which is connected to Monasterevin.
    7 bloody months banging on about it,each time i rang them they said there was no issue, every time i provided evidence with ping tests etc they said there was no issue,it wasnt until i got neighbours to contact the boards rep too that things moved :(
    Hi DC.After 6 im lucky to get 1.7 mbps.At times pings are all over the place for instance i got a 965 ping one evening last week.:)Absolute disgrace.Iv an 02 hotshot that gives me faster speeds in the evenings.I contacted them more times and its just going around in circles.Old exchange is the latest excuse.Last night xbox live was unplayable and i love my black ops or fifa.If it does not improve ill push to have it removed and look into sky.If your getting 3mbps in the evenings its an improvement on my speeds but i understand we expect full speed like we are promised whilst signing up.Their fairly quick to take your cash but so slow to resolve an issue..:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive just been talking to another guy in the town also with eircom [up until last week, he also switched to sky] and he says his download speeds and ingame pings have been fine in the evenings.
    As i say i wasnt watching download speeds closely myself but ive had no issues gaming when on eircom up to last week or indeed with sky pings of 30-40.
    I dont believe it to be an exchange issue this time round,im pretty sure id notice high latency on the exchange as i game quiet a bit in the evenings.

As i said my sky speeds dropped lastnight but they said to expect fluctuations for 10 days.
    Even though the dload speeds dropped i was still getting perfect pings as was my friend i spoke to just now.

Hope this helps, it certainly sounds like a vodafone issue.

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive just been talking to another guy in the town also with eircom [up until last week, he also switched to sky] and he says his download speeds and ingame pings have been fine in the evenings.
    As i say i wasnt watching download speeds closely myself but ive had no issues gaming when on eircom up to last week or indeed with sky pings of 30-40.
    I dont believe it to be an exchange issue this time round,im pretty sure id notice high latency on the exchange as i game quiet a bit in the evenings.

As i said my sky speeds dropped lastnight but they said to expect fluctuations for 10 days.
    Even though the dload speeds dropped i was still getting perfect pings as was my friend i spoke to just now.

Hope this helps, it certainly sounds like a vodafone issue.
    Much obliged DC thank you very much.Looks like sky is the only provider worth considering down our end so.Now to escape this blasted contract but should be no problems considering the service.Thank you:)

Advertisement