Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm, convective watch, Winter/Spring 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

DominoDub wrote: »
    Hail formed from that storm over TEXAS ...via Reddit

Link to thread on Reddit as well

http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1efbhc/monster_hail_right_now_in_texas/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Big hail shower in Limerick about 30 min ago, with very heavy but very localised hail. A good 2-4cm of 2-5mm sized hail left lying on the ground. The strip of ground that had this hail on it was less than 500m wide though. Very localised. I have a few pics of the aftereffects on the camera, I'll be able to get them off and uploaded later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Radar loop suggests 20-40 mm rainfalls past three hours between Longford and Mullingar. Mullingar had an hourly report of 7.1 mm recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Radar loop suggests 20-40 mm rainfalls past three hours between Longford and Mullingar. Mullingar had an hourly report of 7.1 mm recently.

There was quite heavy hail and rain at times through athlone today. Very slow moving it was too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Popoutman wrote: »
    Big hail shower in Limerick about 30 min ago, with very heavy but very localised hail. A good 2-4cm of 2-5mm sized hail left lying on the ground. The strip of ground that had this hail on it was less than 500m wide though. Very localised. I have a few pics of the aftereffects on the camera, I'll be able to get them off and uploaded later on.

Would love to see those pics showing the demarcation of the hail

• Advertisement

Some nice skys/clouds here in Derry last night. Rain showers missed me.

4.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Some nice skys/clouds here in Derry last night. Rain showers missed me.

Stunning picture. :)

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Stunning picture. :)

Thank you! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like a band of heavy showers developing quite quickly now up through the middle/spine of the country. A couple of isolated sparks so far. http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Rather intense cell passed over Waterford City in the last hour giving heavy rain hail thunder and Lightning.

254254.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Some rumbles of thunder in Sligo town.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Plenty of fork lighting and thunder in the ballaghaderreen area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Loads of lightning showing up

Capture_zpsf2a8b859.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Thunderstorm being reported at Knock airport now

EIKN 171500Z 01008KT 330V050 8000 -TSRA SCT018CB BKN034 11/07 Q1012 NOSIG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I can see the sky over Knock Airport direction in the distance from my house and I can well believe there's a thunderstorm there. It looks incredibly dark. Meanwhile 25 miles west I have been lying out on the sun all day and have just realised I'm sunburned! If that storm is heading this direction it's doing it very slowly. Still warm and sunny in Castlebar. A very strange days weather here.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

can hear thunder now in Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Ya i live beside knock was plenty fork lighting and thunder right over head here.best strom i seen in few years here.downside power is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pretty crazy rolling thunder the last 15 mins or so in Waterford City

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

KevIRL wrote: »
    Pretty crazy rolling thunder the last 15 mins or so in Waterford City

Crazy flash of lightening and a massive rumble of thunder a minute ago. Power went off for a second and car alarms ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Great hail storm to go with the thunder and lightening in Waterford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thunder in Galway

Lads video the thing please

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Quick! get a screenshot of the Sat! Ireland has currently more thunderstorms then the Overcast UK Skies!

pad199207 wrote: »
    Quick! get a screenshot of the Sat! Ireland has currently more thunderstorms then the Overcast UK Skies!

link please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pretty sure I heard a low rumble in Galway half an hour ago, heavy shower with hail at the time. Very dark skies to the north at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Storm 10 wrote: »
    link please

www.sat24.com/gb

Harps wrote: »
    Pretty sure I heard a low rumble in Galway half an hour ago, heavy shower with hail at the time. Very dark skies to the north at the moment

Yeah I heard that too over the Bay direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Lads video the thing please
    link please

Anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Excitement in Waterford for about 30 minutes. Thunder, lightening rain and hail.

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »

mYSibRn.jpg

Advertisement