Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm, convective watch, Winter/Spring 2013

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

Rumble of thunder in balbriggan a couple minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

I just heard thunder in Swords. Nice looking cell moving through the Swords area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

A few rumbles of thunder in Ashbourne for the last 10 mins, starting to rain now, but the worst of it looks to be further north.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Very nice cell to my north.

Radar looks good

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Very nice cell to my north.

Radar looks good

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Yeah, just out and saw it stream by. Can't hear anything from it but I've seen some lowering and a bit of rotation.

• Advertisement

Fierce windy as the tail-end of that storm was passing north of Ashbourne. I was half-expecting a funnel cloud to pop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Severe weather alert for Cork in place......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Severe weather alert for Cork in place......

From met.ie
    National Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Cork, Kerry and Waterford Between 25 and 40 mm rain expected in the next 24 hours until Monday morning over south Munster and possibly more than 50 mm in coastal areas of county Cork.

Issued: 16 Jun 2013 - 11:00 Valid: 16 Jun 2013 - 08:00 to 17 Jun 2013 - 08:00
    Mt seemed to think it would only be 5 - 10 mm of rain at most in he's forcast this morning.

vickers209 wrote: »
    From met.ie
    National Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Cork, Kerry and Waterford Between 25 and 40 mm rain expected in the next 24 hours until Monday morning over south Munster and possibly more than 50 mm in coastal areas of county Cork.

Issued: 16 Jun 2013 - 11:00 Valid: 16 Jun 2013 - 08:00 to 17 Jun 2013 - 08:00

Mt seemed to think it would only be 5 - 10 mm of rain at most in he's forcast this morning.
    I'd believe MT before met.ie.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'd say at least 10mm of rain has fallen in some parts of Cork (County) so far today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

The rain is pelting down the last hour in tinahely its crazy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'd believe MT before met.ie.

38.9mm of rain recorded at Cork Airport yesterday (up to midnight). ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Gatwick airport is reporting some interesting weather on its METAR, Dust devils!

EGKK 180920Z VRB02KT 9999 PO SCT014 19/15 Q1015

Met eireann saying there could be sparks tonight along the east coast.

Met eireann saying there could be sparks tonight along the east coast.

Sure about that?

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/
    Warm this evening. Most places dry, but a few heavy thundery showers are likely over parts of south Leinster and east Munster. Close and humid overnight, with patches of mist thickening into fog both inland and in coastal areas. Some clear spells, but cloudy periods too. Lowest temperatures of 10 to 16 degrees.

I read something else elsewhere . No big deal.

I read something else elsewhere . No big deal.

It could have been a big deal. What if a farmer in south Leinster or east Munster read your misleading post and decided to leave his livestock out this evening, only for them to be struck by lightning? You could have been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of livestock. Be careful with your words next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

This is the winter/spring thread lads...

This is the winter/spring thread lads...
    Better talk to farmweek above lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

It could have been a big deal. What if a farmer in south Leinster or east Munster read your misleading post and decided to leave his livestock out this evening, only for them to be struck by lightning? You could have been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of livestock. Be careful with your words next time.

Is this trolling or not? I can't tell. Beef cooked by lightening, surely this would be some sort of Ambrosia.

• Advertisement
Advertisement