Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For sale on daft & renewed even though sold

• 20-01-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone getting sick of this. Properties that are sold (PPR and all that) yet auctioneers still have them on daft AND renewing the ads. Quite frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,589 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If the house has sold it means its of interest to people, the estate agents will use it to get a list if people looking to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

TheDriver wrote: »
    Anyone getting sick of this. Properties that are sold (PPR and all that) yet auctioneers still have them on daft AND renewing the ads. Quite frustrating.
    I agree. At least show its Sale Agreed but they just want people ringing up asking to give the impression they are big dealers in the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ted1 wrote: »
    If the house has sold it means its of interest to people, the estate agents will use it to get a list if people looking to buy

anytime I ring an agent, they will answer my questions but never ask for my number etc to try to sell me something else. Seems more like showing they are big players with a false listings to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

No one is manually renewing the ads, I think agencies pay extra and then all their ads get automatically renewed each morning and its just laziness/oversight on the part of the agencies not getting around to taking them down.

Was trying to find somewhere to rent and ran into this a lot, ring them and its gone and then you'd see the ad being renewed again daily for the next few days anyway. Pretty annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I find it very useful actually as it gives you a good reflection on the market as you often have the actual selling price from the ppr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I find it very useful actually as it gives you a good reflection on the market as you often have the actual selling price from the ppr.

You do know they are gonna fix that now because of that post! :P

davet82 wrote: »
    You do know they are gonna fix that now because of that post! :P

It used to be great, the first month or so after the PPR came out, you'd have all these houses sold for a known price (even some over a year ago) marked as sale agreed or for sale on myhome.ie, myhome have tightened up dramatically though - I've been forced to download the actual images of houses in the areas I have an interest in - anyone know of any quick ways around this - the old internet cache search doesn't really yield the results it used to.

I understand there are privacy concerns for buyers, but it doesn't half help you understand where the market's really at!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    It used to be great, the first month or so after the PPR came out, you'd have all these houses sold for a known price (even some over a year ago) marked as sale agreed or for sale on myhome.ie, myhome have tightened up dramatically though - I've been forced to download the actual images of houses in the areas I have an interest in - anyone know of any quick ways around this - the old internet cache search doesn't really yield the results it used to.

I understand there are privacy concerns for buyers, but it doesn't half help you understand where the market's really at!!

i do the same :pac:

Google maps helps if you dont know the exact house by using street view. What you will find is by googling the address you will get to see the house as the estate agents do have the propeties up much longer on their websites, i've viewed houses from 2011 on some auctioners sites :)

davet82 wrote: »
    i do the same :pac:

Google maps helps if you dont know the exact house by using street view. What you will find is by googling the address you will get to see the house as the estate agents do have the propeties up much longer on their websites, i've viewed houses from 2011 on some auctioners sites :)

Yeah noticed that, i've also come across some old estate agent 'house for sale' brochures floating around in the ether, they're always pretty informative too.

Advertisement