Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings in 2 Credit Union accounts question

Options
  • 20-01-2013 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have savings in a CU account in my home town and I just recently opened one in the town where I live. I want to transfer some money from the first account to the new one, not all of it just about 2,000. Can I do this without having to physically go into the one in my hometown? It's a 4 hour drive there abd 4 hours back!

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I asked about having 2 CU accounts and was told under new rules you can only have one. When implementing them the closed off anyone with more than one account.

I call them to clear up that first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

I asked about having 2 CU accounts and was told under new rules you can only have one. When implementing them the closed off anyone with more than one account.

I call them to clear up that first.

Really? How strange, maybe it differs from place to place. I only set up my new one last week and when filling out the application I had to write down if and where my other one was and they had no problem with that. I really can't see the problem with having more than one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

gagiteebo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have savings in a CU account in my home town and I just recently opened one in the town where I live. I want to transfer some money from the first account to the new one, not all of it just about 2,000. Can I do this without having to physically go into the one in my hometown? It's a 4 hour drive there abd 4 hours back!

Thank you :)

If they do electronic fund transfer yes you could do it without going in, not all CU have this in place though. You may be able to order a cheque from them and have it posted to you, then lodge it to your local account.

Advertisement