Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Rock solid from the beginning here too. Just did this speedtest now, but it's always the same. Very very happy, but I was happy with Eircom too bar the price.

2491249275.png

76760720.png

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Just saw the pricing details on the Sky Ireland website. Unlimited broadband and Anytime calls look to work out at €57.50 a month with my current package. Would have thought they might have had slightly better pricing..

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

lockup35 wrote: »
    Just saw the pricing details on the Sky Ireland website. Unlimited broadband and Anytime calls look to work out at €57.50 a month with my current package. Would have thought they might have had slightly better pricing..

I just saw that there as well - I don't think many people will bother changing if there isn't that much of a price difference from their existing packages. Thought it would be better priced myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

They only seem to have prices listed for new customers. If you click on the section for existing customers it redirects to the old "Register your interest..." page.

It will be interesting to see what the prices are for existing Sky TV customers.

Looking at the prices for new customers, there doesn't seem to be much of a saving there compared to what I would be paying if I was still with Vodafone for BB and Phone and Sky for the TV...interesting!

My Sky TV package is €25 per month, my Vodafone BB and Phone was €40, which is €65. I would be marginally better off as I would have faster BB and unlimited use, not quite as sweet as I thought. Glad I got in on the trial.

As I said though, the prices for existing Sky TV people will be interesting.

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

In fairness, it doesn't seem that bad. Sky package aside, for unlimited broadband, line rental and unlimited evening and weekend calls - its only €30. And €37.50 for anytime calls. Still nearly half the price of what I was paying vodafone. (I will be on the €30 package after 12 months)

• Advertisement

I had logged in with my Sky account so I assume the prices were for me as an existing customer. But maybe they're still sorting out the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I had logged in with my Sky account so I assume the prices were for me as an existing customer. But maybe they're still sorting out the website.

Oh, I wasn't logged in actually. Maybe the prices are there for existing SKy customers but you just have to be logged in! Never thought of that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    In fairness, it doesn't seem that bad. Sky package aside, for unlimited broadband, line rental and unlimited evening and weekend calls - its only €30. And €37.50 for anytime calls. Still nearly half the price of what I was paying vodafone. (I will be on the €30 package after 12 months)
    You got that a wee bit wrong. Its €30 for the off peak calls and line rental and then another €10 for unlimited bb. LINK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The radio were talking about a price of €55 for calls broadband and tv - I imagine that's the basic product offering though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

So from what I can see its €47.50 a month for line rental free anytime calls and unlimited broadband? That is actually more expensive than I was paying Vodafone(€45). I am getting more with Sky - unlimited Broadband as opposed to 300GB with Vodafone and free anytime calls to 20 countries as opposed to evening and weekend calls to Ireland and the UK with Vodafone, but its not exactly what I was expecting. I will give it some serious thought when my 12 months are up.

I would have though they would offer an overall bundle including your tv package?

The more I think about it, if I end up moving up to the €47.50 a month charge after 12 months then I will more than likely change provider again, unless they offer a compromise.

Disappointing on first reading.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

adox wrote: »
    So from what I can see its €47.50 a month for line rental free anytime calls and unlimited broadband? That is actually more expensive than I was paying Vodafone(€45). I am getting more with Sky - unlimited Broadband as opposed to 300GB with Vodafone and free anytime calls to 20 countries as opposed to evening and weekend calls to Ireland and the UK with Vodafone, but its not exactly what I was expecting. I will give it some serious thought when my 12 months are up.

I would have though they would offer an overall bundle including your tv package?

The more I think about it, if I end up moving up to the €47.50 a month charge after 12 months then I will more than likely change provider again, unless they offer a compromise.

Disappointing on first reading.

Are you sure you are reading that right??

For the Broadband + calls it says

€10 a month
    with Sky Talk Freetime
    (€30 a month including Sky Talk Line Rental)

So I read that as a TOTAL of €30 , not an additional €30 on top..

If I'm right , that would mean €37.50 all in for the unlimited call option..

Or €10 more than the trial price that I signed up to...

Has anyone called to confirm the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Just did a line check and I'm in their connect area (what ever that means)

So it's €20 a month for unlimited bb making it €57.50 with calls.

I guess I'll be sticking with Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Makes the 17.50 a month deal all the sweeter!

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Are you sure you are reading that right??

For the Broadband + calls it says

€10 a month
    with Sky Talk Freetime
    (€30 a month including Sky Talk Line Rental)

So I read that as a TOTAL of €30 , not an additional €30 on top..

If I'm right , that would mean €37.50 all in for the unlimited call option..

Or €10 more than the trial price that I signed up to...

Has anyone called to confirm the price?

No, the bb is €10 on top of the calls.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

mad muffin wrote: »
    No, the bb is €10 on top of the calls.

Did you talk to Sky?

btw - The SkyConnect thing means you are on a non LLU exchange...

Eircom only , no BT equipment available.

From what I can see, Sky Connect Lite is €10 and Sky Connect Unlimited is €20.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Did you talk to Sky?

btw - The SkyConnect thing means you are on a non LLU exchange...

Eircom only , no BT equipment available.

No I haven't talked to them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blackopsB

Just off the phone to Sky and the pricing is as follows:

Line Rental Including Free Evening & Weekend Calls + Broadband with a 2GB usage limit = €30
    Line Rental Including Free Evening & Weekend Calls + Broadband unlimited = €40

then you can add talk anytime to this for another €7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Very disappointing Just put my number in, Sky Connect Unlimited 5.8 Mbps €20, Talk anytime and rental €37.50, Total €57.50

That is more than I currently pay, my preferential bundle with Vodafone “Talk anytime bundle” is €49 for a 7 Mbps profile I get rock solid 6 Mbps, 300 GB download limit and the free 200 minutes to 3 designated Vodafone mobiles so I certainly will not be changing provider.

They have set their price point too high for non-Sky customers to compete with the other providers.

hazchem wrote: »
    Very disappointing Just put my number in, Sky Connect Unlimited 5.8 Mbps €20, Talk anytime and rental €37.50, Total €57.50

That is more than I currently pay, my preferential bundle with Vodafone “Talk anytime bundle” is €49 for a 7 Mbps profile I get rock solid 6 Mbps, 300 GB download limit and the free 200 minutes to 3 designated Vodafone mobiles so I certainly will not be changing provider.

They have set their price point too high for non-Sky customers to compete with the other providers.
    I am/was pretty much in the same situation as yourself. I was on the same VF bundle and was getting a fairly constant 6.1mb speed although they did recently increase that for me up to near 7. I am close to the exchange so after I moved to Sky I am getting daily speeds now of around 13Mbps and a wee bit over at times.

As VF were charging €1.46 for the call answering it left the basic monthly bill at €50.46. Sky dont charge for that so if I were a new customer now with Sky the package would be costing me €47.50. Not much of a saving as such.

The main difference for me would be the speed which has nearly doubled with Sky. The unlimited download doesnt really matter as I had the 300Gb with VF which I never came remotely close to and the free international calls with Sky isnt really applicable either as I dont make calls other than to the UK which I had with VF.

Personally if I were new Sky customer I would be saving about €3 a month, would have much faster speeds but I would also loose the 200 free minutes to 3 nominated phone calls that I had with VF. In 12 months time I will be certainly shopping around again.

But for now Im happy to be on the €17.50 bb/talk pack :)

• Advertisement

This is what I get and am on exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

Price point is too high if you're a Sky customer or not. If you look at the bundle offering for Unlimited BB...

e67/mth
    Basic Sky is e27
    Sky Talk (Evening & Weekends) is e30
    Sky BB Unlimited is e10
    Total e67...

There's no "bundle" so to speak, they just add the prices up for you. I am assuming that if you're a Sky TV customer, you'll still get charged the e40 for Sky Talk and BB unless someone can show me otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Its all very confusing, unless they make the pricing more clear, who would switch? Consumers need a good savings to make a switch like this.

Seems a big let down this whole Sky broadband roll out.

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

BrianHal wrote: »
    There's no "bundle" so to speak, they just add the prices up for you. I am assuming that if you're a Sky TV customer, you'll still get charged the e40 for Sky Talk and BB unless someone can show me otherwise.
    Thats it in a nutshell. There are bundles but no discounted bundles though for new or existing customers

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

muffler wrote: »
    Thats it in a nutshell. There are bundles but no discounted bundles though for new or existing customers

Maybe they could do something with your TV price to take the sting out of the phone/BB price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I would say Vodafone, Eircom etc are quite relieved to see the Sky prices are only slightly cheaper than their products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Its all very confusing, unless they make the pricing more clear, who would switch? Consumers need a good savings to make a switch like this.

Seems a big let down this whole Sky broadband roll out

For some people it's been an unbelievable success. I'm paying €10 per month for rock solid 12Mbit Unlimited broadband with pings in the 20s and free evening and weekend calls. I'm saving €52.5 per month, enough for a holiday after the year.

The packages for the launch aren't as impressive as I thought they would be, but the trial has been one of the best bargains I've ever come across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

I'm with VF €44 per month for broadband and free local and national calls anytime and 30mins to mobiles free. moving to sky will cost me €47.50 per month with 10GB per month and that does not included free calls to mobiles...so ill be staying put!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

The packages for the launch aren't as impressive as I thought they would be, but the trial has been one of the best bargains I've ever come across.

Yes trial prices seemed a great bargain! tried for months to get this but each time was told broadband not available yet and to wait for official launch. and we've been sky customers for over 20yrs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

what does it mean for the people that are on the trial after the 12 months ??will we just get the same deal as whats being offered to joe public now or will we get any thing different

Advertisement