Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Basq wrote: »
    FFS..

2504330723.png
    Wow, thats bad. Have you tried connecting the hub directly to the phone socket - i.e. without the filter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

My trial with Sky finally went live today and initial impressions are good. No issues with the wireless hub as the son's X-Box upstairs is connecting fine and speeds are a good improvement on my Vodafone service. Never went above 6 meg with Vodafone but speedtest.net is currently showing over 10meg :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,985 ✭✭✭✭Basq

muffler wrote: »
    Wow, thats bad. Have you tried connecting the hub directly to the phone socket - i.e. without the filter?
    Connected hub directly to wall without filter..

2504408121.png

And re-connected filter..

2504414546.png

Maybe the temporary break in connection might be kicked off a reset type process. I'd rather not have to do this more often than every other week.

Maybe it was a blip but the second concurrent night of issues (although no amount of resetting would fix it last night).

Was fine (bar a few resets of the router) during my initial 10 day period.. now it appears all has gone to ****!

Will see how the connection goes throughout the rest of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Help Please???

Unable to skype tonight brings back no answer but other person is def online and can't get through to me either. Would it be anything to do with the sky settings??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Barra, you going to regret saying that.

Not at all. The majority of people that have it are fine. The nature of forums are that there are far more people with issues posting.

Mine has been exceptional since I got it, and it will stay like that I expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mmm.. I seem to be having a slight issue with Netflix. I stream through PS3 and so can get a reading on the stream quality. Now I've never had a problem streaming HD before but now it seems my stream is settling on High SD. It will lurk into HD initially but settles back to High SD and stays there.

I have the PS3 hard wired and a line test on it shows a DL speed of just under 5Mbps so it should be more than enough for HD.

My Speedtest.net tests are consistent so not having any speed drops. I'm ordering is it possible that my line is being throttled when streaming? I hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

I'm up & running now with almost a month & this has been fairly consistent anytime I've done it ...

2504781167.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Easy Sky Discount!
    Sky will almost always give you an offer if you threaten to leave.
    Simply call them on their '0818 719 858' number and say
    "These prices are too high, I want to cancel my contract, unless you offer me a better deal"
    Then give some BS about how long you've been with them,
    Then the operator will begin to panic inevitably offering you a better deal.
    Try it, It got me my HD for €7.50 for the last 6 months.
    What do you have to lose?
    Best of luck!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 land lover

I ordered sky talk and broadband on 06/12/12 and have not received anything yet only a load of BS phone calls and emails saying how sorry they were for the delay. Was told on two occasions that the call package was up and running and I made calls on the strength of this and was landed with a nice bill from vodafone.
    I rang recently to check the status and was left on hold for 55mins, Very poor customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

In relation to SKYs charges for phone calls, is there a minimum charge for calls out of your bundle. I had a quick look at their rates and from what I could make out, their is a connection charge for mobile call of around 6c. am I reading it right.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I got two bills today one from Eircom for €305 despite I not being in contract and another from Sky for €80 for 1.5months when it should have been €55 not €80 so I will be calling them to query that. Eircom are a bunch of thieving scum and I will be reporting them to ComReg over this bill and they will never again see another penny from me over it. I am still throttled each evening from 7pm to 12midnight so unless that changes soon I will cancel Sky's broadband too and do without a telephone service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

Our telephone and broadband in Sallins, Co Kildare is down again. That's the second time since switching to sky on 25th January. I can't remember the last time our telephone was down prior to this it was that long ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Got my final good bye fee from eircom today. How did other former eircom customers handle it? Was out of contract with them.

Im tempted to politely tell them to jog on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I'm still getting billed from Eircom and didn't receive my final bill,,has anyone the number for sky as tey said they'd handle Eircom for me and I've have nothing to do.
    Just re-read my Eircom bill,,Your Final Bill;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

We signed up to Sky today, fingers crossed it won't take too long !

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Moved to SKY today also, it was a no brainer, paying the same as i was to Vodafone but SKY offering unlimited downloads and the maxmium speed the line will take...

I started out with Eircom a few years back, on their upto 3Mb package and was getting approx. 2.5mb, then moved to Vodafone on their upto 8mb pack where i get approx 6.5mb.....hoping the SKY bundle will tripe my speed, 18-19mb, hopefully!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Lockster wrote: »
    Our telephone and broadband in Sallins, Co Kildare is down again. That's the second time since switching to sky on 25th January. I can't remember the last time our telephone was down prior to this it was that long ago!

Our BB is down all morning too, Waterford area, has been escalated now cos they dont know whats wrong. phone is still working tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

I'm in a really strange situation. Was told we could get 4mb on our line. Signed up, for the first few days was getting 1.5/1.6, then we lost all service for 2 days. Since it came back have only been getting speeds of .5-.8. They sent an eircom engineer out. He checked line speed. Sky hub only able to get .8. Tried an old Neptopia modem. It was capable of achieving nearly 4. Anyway just after plugging old Neptopia router back in. It's still working on Vodafone though my vodafone account is closed and I'm getting readings of an average 3.15. What's going on?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

So has anybody else noticed that Eircom are trying to charge €41 in lieu of not giving one months notice on their final bill?

They can GFO if they think they'll be getting that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

robk24 wrote: »
    So has anybody else noticed that Eircom are trying to charge €41 in lieu of not giving one months notice on their final bill?

They can GFO if they think they'll be getting that!!

Does ComReg have a forum on Boards.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Finally got my BB speed sorted.
    I was getting anywhere from 1 - 5 mbps on a 12 mbps line.

After umpteen calls from sky they changed my profile today from 8mb to 10 mb.
    I'm now getting around 10 but was told it will level out over the next few days.

For those having problems with voicemail. Its 1571 to access it.
    If you cant you need to get your voicemail activated. Mine wasn't:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Got my final good bye fee from eircom today. How did other former eircom customers handle it? Was out of contract with them.

Im tempted to politely tell them to jog on...

When i left Eircom for Vodafone i got hit with a large service charge (despite being out of contract) comreg finally sorted that out by getting some heads in eircom to actually talk to me.

Like most it was a "Jog on and stop mailing me" action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Cryos wrote: »

When i left Eircom for Vodafone i got hit with a large service charge (despite being out of contract) comreg finally sorted that out by getting some heads in eircom to actually talk to me.

Like most it was a "Jog on and stop mailing me" action.
    Thanks.

I must fix up my final payment of a few euro.
    Just cannot belive they had the cheek to charge me for switching provider while out of contract.

What did the head eircom guys do for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Anyone have the wan login details for the sky broadband. I cba waiting for the sky hub so I want to set up the connection using my old eircom router. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I still haven't received my final bill from Eircom, with Sky nearly a month now. My speed is still at 10.5mb too, low ping, yay! So happy with it. Also the iPad isn't dropping the connection anymore - followed some tips on the Apple forum and fixed the problem. Very happy Sky person here, with over €40 extra in my pocket every month thanks to switching from those miserable shower, ie eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭lipso

Hi

I am considering moving to Sky from Imagine for phone and broadband - The Sky connect anytime with unlimited bb package for €47.50 per month. On the basic package excluding call charges I work out I'd be saving about €20 per month
    I live about 11 miles from Letterkenny

My 24 year old son has said that the bb speed with Sky is slower than with Imagine and not to move
    Can anyone offer advice on this and how is it possible to find out the speed for sky unless youre already with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I still haven't received my final bill from Eircom, with Sky nearly a month now. My speed is still at 10.5mb too, low ping, yay! So happy with it. Also the iPad isn't dropping the connection anymore - followed some tips on the Apple forum and fixed the problem. Very happy Sky person here, with over €40 extra in my pocket every month thanks to switching from those miserable shower, ie eircom!

Did your upload speeds improve too?

Both my download and upload speeds seem to be the same as they were with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Anyone have the wan login details for the sky broadband. I cba waiting for the sky hub so I want to set up the connection using my old eircom router. Thanks :)

IP Address78.18.18.128Network TypePPPoEIP Subnet Mask255.255.255.255Gateway IP Address193.120.243.69Domain Name Server192.111.39.1, 192.111.39.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

lipso wrote: »
    Hi

I am considering moving to Sky from Imagine for phone and broadband - The Sky connect anytime with unlimited bb package for €47.50 per month. On the basic package excluding call charges I work out I'd be saving about €20 per month
    I live about 11 miles from Letterkenny

My 24 year old son has said that the bb speed with Sky is slower than with Imagine and not to move
    Can anyone offer advice on this and how is it possible to find out the speed for sky unless youre already with them?

Sky will tell you on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Did your upload speeds improve too?

Both my download and upload speeds seem to be the same as they were with Eircom.

We were getting 6mb from eircom on an 8mb line. Got 10.5mb straight away fom Sky - they said we could get max 12mb and the minute we connected the sky hub and it has remained at 10.5mb since :D

Advertisement