Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

efc67 wrote: »
    IP Address78.18.18.128Network TypePPPoEIP Subnet Mask255.255.255.255Gateway IP Address193.120.243.69Domain Name Server192.111.39.1, 192.111.39.4

Cheers but what do I replace the vodafone@vodafone.com and password with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

tinkerbell wrote: »
    We were getting 6mb from eircom on an 8mb line. Got 10.5mb straight away fom Sky - they said we could get max 12mb and the minute we connected the sky hub and it has remained at 10.5mb since :D

What about your upload speeds, did they improve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

tcawley29 wrote: »

Sky unfortunately don't give out this information and everyone's username and password is different unlike the usual vodafone@vodafone.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You'll have to register with My Sky on the Sky website. In that process you will be asked for a username. Don't use your Boards one, or we'll all know it & redirect all the spam we get to you:D, then you will get an email address from Sky which will look like "xxxxxxx@sky.com" You can then arrange where you email goes when you log into your Sky email.

If you are using Outlook for your email, have a read of this thread on how to route your email through Outlook. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056874558

You'll have to register with My Sky on the Sky website. In that process you will be asked for a username. Don't use your Boards one, or we'll all know it & redirect all the spam we get to you:D, then you will get an email address from Sky which will look like "xxxxxxx@sky.com" You can then arrange where you email goes when you log into your Sky email.

If you are using Outlook for your email, have a read of this thread on how to route your email through Outlook. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056874558

Think you misunderstood his question - he is not asking about setting up his sky email, he was looking for the username and password that you would normally use when initially setting up a router to an ISP.

• Advertisement

Its okay, its my dads sky account anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

admin
    sky

admin
    sky

Although that will come in handy for when the router arrives its not what I was looking for. It seems that sky dont use login details for wan access the same way vodafone or eircom do. Thanks anyways though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Although that will come in handy for when the router arrives its not what I was looking for. It seems that sky dont use login details for wan access the same way vodafone or eircom do. Thanks anyways though

You can get them alright, I got them in about 5 minutes using this technique.
    http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracting-sky-router-passwords/51163-how-get-username-password-sky-hub-sr101.html

Tried them in my Belkin modem/router and it works perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

robk24 wrote: »
    So has anybody else noticed that Eircom are trying to charge €41 in lieu of not giving one months notice on their final bill?

They can GFO if they think they'll be getting that!!

My bill says that as-well... What are you gonna do?? Should i phone Sky or Eircom??
    :(

• Advertisement

You can get them alright, I got them in about 5 minutes using this technique.
    http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracting-sky-router-passwords/51163-how-get-username-password-sky-hub-sr101.html

Tried them in my Belkin modem/router and it works perfectly.

He doesn't have the sky hub yet... that's why I didn't advise the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How come SKY can give better speeds all my line can handle 3mb but SKY can give me 4.5mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

MJ434 wrote: »

My bill says that as-well... What are you gonna do?? Should i phone Sky or Eircom??
    For the minute, im gonna pay what i actually owe them and gonna hold back on their ridiculous disconnection fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Hi folks, its a long thread adn the search doesnt work too well.
    I ahve a question - the T's & C's claim that;
    If you go over your Usage Cap more than once in any six month period, then we will:
    1.1.1 automatically upgrade you to a Sky Broadband package with a higher Usage Cap. Once you
    have been upgraded, you may downgrade without charge to your original Sky Broadband
    package if you reduce your monthly usage to below the Usage Cap for your original Sky
    Broadband package in any subsequent month; or
    1.1.2 charge you fair and reasonable costs for your usage (and any reasonable administration costs)
    in excess of your Usage Cap

IS there a limit to the Unlimited amount or is this *actually* unlimited? (ie, A Fair Usage policy capped at a certain amount)

I was with Sky broadband in the UK for 2 years and found them to be very good. Got a great Router off them, Netgear DG834GT which i still use today as a Modem only with Digiweb.

Also I mentioned the DG834GT is a modem only attached to a second router with 1GBs ports. Will I be forced to use the new Sky Hub? (BT hub coinage anyone?) Has anyone tried using a different router with this service? (Do you have to MAC spoof?, ie tell you custom modem to use the MAC of the Router/Hub that comes with the service)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

MJ434 wrote: »

I'm gonna ring them tomorrow, they told me not to worry that EVERYTHING would be taken care of.... going to push them for the charge to be absorbed by themselves off our next bill...

Also going to complain about this crap of dropping to unacceptable speeds EVERY single weekday evening.....

2509181820.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Anyone know the legal status of the €41 charged by Eircom? I got it too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Anyone know the legal status of the €41 charged by Eircom? I got it too.

The usual position with BB is that once you have completed your initial contract usually 12 months (and unless you subsequently alter the product you are on and start out on another 12 months contract) you will be on a rolling 30 day contract. This means that if you wish to leave your isp you should give them 30 days notice.

If you didn't give Eircom 30 days notice of your intention to leave then they would seem to be within their rights to ask you to pay up for the 30 days!.

This might be of use to you:

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/switching_fixed_telephony(landlines)___exercise_your_choice.232.LE.asp

However note this:
    Do I have to tell my existing provider that I am switching?

In general, you do not need to tell them unless your current contract requires you to give them cancellation notice. Check the terms and conditions of your current contract to see if this is required and see the different situations below.

I'm gonna ring them tomorrow, they told me not to worry that EVERYTHING would be taken care of.... going to push them for the charge to be absorbed by themselves off our next bill...

Also going to complain about this crap of dropping to unacceptable speeds EVERY single weekday evening.....

2509181820.png

Called sky and they said that they cant do anything.... so called Eircom complaints and they said they changed their T&C's in 2011 to say that you have to give 30 days notice when changing providers. She said its nothing to do with a contract its the service...???.
    So presume i will have to pay it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well, if they changed their T & Cs can you remember if they notified you? If they did'nt, then you can tell them take a hike.

Well, if they changed their T & Cs can you remember if they notified you? If they did'nt, then you can tell them take a hike.

I don't remember.... She said all customers were notified...What happens if i don't pay it ...What can they do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

2509181820.png

Exactly, my parents got the same speal when signing up... everything will be taken care of... so should Sky not have given Eircom 30 days notice? or they should also take care of the Eircom cancellation bill.

Also there the problem with them getting over 4mb dl speed, then 5 minutes later only getting .8mb:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Basq wrote: »
    Connected hub directly to wall without filter..

2504408121.png

And re-connected filter..

2504414546.png

Maybe the temporary break in connection might be kicked off a reset type process. I'd rather not have to do this more often than every other week.

Maybe it was a blip but the second concurrent night of issues (although no amount of resetting would fix it last night).

Was fine (bar a few resets of the router) during my initial 10 day period.. now it appears all has gone to ****!

Will see how the connection goes throughout the rest of the evening.

This can happen. The filters electronics get upset.
    I had this once with Vodafone & the tech told me to take out the filter for a few minutes & then try it.
    It worked fine then.
    If it continues just ring your isp & they will send you a new filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Is anyone having any difficulties connecting to the internet with their sky hub? Since last night can't get on the internet, orange smiley face yet the house phone is working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

pjjk90 wrote: »
    Is anyone having any difficulties connecting to the internet with their sky hub? Since last night can't get on the internet, orange smiley face yet the house phone is working

Have you tried a reset of the Sky hub ?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Have you tried a reset of the Sky hub ?

Yes I reset, restarted, did everything listed on their site. I was going to try this but not sure if it would be ok on Irish routers, as on the Irish page it says the article is not available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Can I just sign up to sky for the broadband and not the Sky talk and Sky Tv,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Can I just sign up to sky for the broadband and not the Sky talk and Sky Tv,
    You dont have to take the tv package and as far as I can see Sky are marketing this as a telephone/line rental deal with cheap broadband as an add on. So you need to take the phone and broadband together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I ordered on the 7th and the router still hasn't shipped.

How long did it take the router to ship from peoples ordering date?

about 14 days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

I think I got mine about 10 or 11 days after I ordered. You can actually track your order on their website - or at least you when I ordered on the 18th of January which was during their trail period.

Advertisement