Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭anoda_username

We just tried to set up sky broadband and tv package to be told that if our current provider for broadband isn't eircom that we can't switch over. We have broadband with smart.
    Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Just got slapped with an €80 termination charge from Vodafone. F*cking c*nts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,983 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hogzy wrote: »
    Just got slapped with an €80 termination charge from Vodafone. F*cking c*nts
    Why was that? Were you not out of contract with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

My line was meant to be active today but I'm still on Vodafone as of now it has not switched over.

Did you all get a txt message or an email to say your broadband was activated or how did you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

We got an eircom cancellation penalty of €42 :mad: I worked it out and the one month's notice does not work out to be a penalty of that much because we pay in advance so based on our billing cycle and the date I notified them of moving provider and when Sky took over the line, we should've been charged for an extra 2 weeks. Sky told us they'd reimburse us for the penalty though. Eircom are a bunch of thieves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

My line was meant to be active today but I'm still on Vodafone as of now it has not switched over.

Did you all get a txt message or an email to say your broadband was activated or how did you know?

I got an email to say it was active (had no hub, but thats another story) I think you get your mail to say your active and go live at midnight same day.

I got an email to say it was active (had no hub, but thats another story) I think you get your mail to say your active and go live at midnight same day.

The hub arrived yesterday or the day before. So maybe it will be midnight tonight or in other words tomorrow 22nd as opposed to today. No biggie.

Basq wrote: »
    Why was that? Were you not out of contract with them?

Dont know. Iv been with Vodafone since they took over BT so i highly doubt i was in contract. Ill be calling them tomorrow anyway. €80 is over 4 months worth of bills from Sky. I aint impressed to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

did u upgrade you bb over the last yr??i went from 40gb to 70 a month but it (thank f1uck)dident tie me in to a new contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Should be midnight of the day you got your "active" email.

• Advertisement

Ah, I havent got the active email yet but my activaton date is today. Hopefully, tomorrow.

naughto wrote: »
    did u upgrade you bb over the last yr??i went from 40gb to 70 a month but it (thank f1uck)dident tie me in to a new contract

Nope, iv changed absolutly nothing. I havnt even been speaking to a customer care agent for well over 2 years. Im fuming about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Same here. Still waiting for the switch. Looks like its going to be at midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Has anyone successfully used a standalone modem with their Sky service? I set up a new TP Link modem but I seem to be getting caught by not having an ISP username and password to log in with. Now I've seen mention of this here before so am not hugely surprised - and unfortunately it seems Sky won't give out the details. However, I am currently using the Sky service through my old Vodafone modem/router without issue (Sky Hub won't see my NAS) and have never been asked to supply this information - how is this?

Doodoo wrote: »

Same here. Still waiting for the switch. Looks like its going to be at midnight.

Hasn't happened for me yet. No email either. Did yours activate yet?

Hasn't happened for me yet. No email either. Did yours activate yet?

No. Nothing has happened yet. Meant to go live yesterday according to the date I was given. No letter or email to say what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

No. Nothing has happened yet. Meant to go live yesterday according to the date I was given. No letter or email to say what's happening.

My BB went active (got the mail etc) two days after my due activation date. The voice service was the day after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Has anyone successfully used a standalone modem with their Sky service? I set up a new TP Link modem but I seem to be getting caught by not having an ISP username and password to log in with. Now I've seen mention of this here before so am not hugely surprised - and unfortunately it seems Sky won't give out the details. However, I am currently using the Sky service through my old Vodafone modem/router without issue (Sky Hub won't see my NAS) and have never been asked to supply this information - how is this?

Oooohhhh...does not recognise NAS? Dealbreaker if right. CAn anyone else confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

According to the Sky Rep that called today they will be doing an offer on their phone/broadband service in April were you get the first 6 months at half price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Without reading through many, many pages of this thread can anyone tell me if this is open to new customers?

I am moving to a new apartment next week and it doesnt have UPC :(

I can't seem to figure out how much it will cost or how fast it is. ALl I can find online is the english broadband prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Limericks wrote: »
    Without reading through many, many pages of this thread can anyone tell me if this is open to new customers?

I am moving to a new apartment next week and it doesnt have UPC :(

I can't seem to figure out how much it will cost or how fast it is. ALl I can find online is the english broadband prices.
    Yes it is available to new customers. All the details are here

Just bear in mind that you cant get broadband on its own, you have to take the phone package with it.

muffler wrote: »
    Yes it is available to new customers. All the details are here

Just bear in mind that you cant get broadband on its own, you have to take the phone package with it.

When I go to that page it just sends me to the english broadband page. Think it may be an error on the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Limericks wrote: »
    When I go to that page it just sends me to the english broadband page. Think it may be an error on the page.
    Try this link

Edit/ or this and select "new to Sky" under buy broadband

muffler wrote: »
    Try this link

Edit/ or this and select "new to Sky" under buy broadband

That worked, thanks :)

So, €40 for unlimited broadband and weekend phone. Not bad I guess. Still no UPC.

Does anyone know how long it takes to connect a new user with no other service to port from?

Well its 3 days later and I've just come back home after a weekend away and I still don't have my broadband switched to sky even though I was given a date of the 21/02/13. Not off to a good start. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Well its 3 days later and I've just come back home after a weekend away and I still don't have my broadband switched to sky even though I was given a date of the 21/02/13. Not off to a good start. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Yep, theres a few of us in the same boat alright. Looking like tomorrow or Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Hogzy wrote: »
    Nope, iv changed absolutly nothing. I havnt even been speaking to a customer care agent for well over 2 years. Im fuming about it.

We were the same as you.
    We changed to Sky & Sky took care of the changeover.
    The last bill we got from Vodafone included Vodafone at Home Talk from 1st to 28th Feb.
    The thing was we were gone to Sky on the 31st January so we shouldn't have been charged in advance for February.
    There weren't any penalty fees or anything because we were out of contract.
    In fact we never had a contract with Vodafone at all. They just took over from BT.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

higster wrote: »
    Oooohhhh...does not recognise NAS? Dealbreaker if right. CAn anyone else confirm?

Works fine for me - Sees my Buffalo NAS without any problems at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Did you received the amount in bank? You are very lucky if they paid you back.

No, they had billed me online to come out of my credit card in a couple of weeks time after that.

I kicked up a huge fuss and they eventually issued a credit so there was a final balance of €6 to pay instead of €45.

• Advertisement

Anyones broadband with an activation date of 21st active yet?!

Advertisement