Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Has anyone heard of Sky refusing to offer service to a particular exchange or a phoneline?

I've been trying for over 2 months to get my line transferred over to them without success, there's been one problem after another trying to connect, I was one of the trial accounts so I'm determined to get my €10 BB for the year, so as I go through the motions with them, I was wondering if anyone else had heard of another example of similar happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Ste05 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of Sky refusing to offer service to a particular exchange or a phoneline?

I've been trying for over 2 months to get my line transferred over to them without success, there's been one problem after another trying to connect, I was one of the trial accounts so I'm determined to get my €10 BB for the year, so as I go through the motions with them, I was wondering if anyone else had heard of another example of similar happening?

The trial is finished......sky aren't refusing they're not able who's your provider

Wils110 wrote: »
    The trial is finished......sky aren't refusing they're not able who's your provider
    I'm well aware the trial is finished. My order was accepted on 18th January and since then there's been problem after problem with the order.

My current provider is Vodafone, but it's nothing to do with them. My exchange is an Eircom exchange, that can offer 12Mb.

I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of Sky not being able to provide service to a particular line or from a particular exchange, or if my situation was unique?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Ste05 wrote: »
    I'm well aware the trial is finished. My order was accepted on 18th January and since then there's been problem after problem with the order.

My current provider is Vodafone, but it's nothing to do with them. My exchange is an Eircom exchange, that can offer 12Mb.

I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of Sky not being able to provide service to a particular line or from a particular exchange, or if my situation was unique?

Including your surname and spaces starting with MR is there more then 20 characters in your name

Wils110 wrote: »

Including your surname and spaces starting with MR is there more then 20 characters in your name
    Huh?

Although if I'm reading your question right the answer would be a no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,982 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Being sent out a new Sky Hub to deal with my speed woes..

.. and if that doesn't work, I'm gonna try my Netopia.

Otherwise, bye bye Sky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Rang Eircom to tell them I'm moving to sky. They instantly brought my bill down from €55 to €35 per month (for 6 months unlimited BB, then €50 after) and will credit my account €60 to make up for the €10 difference after the 6 months are up.

I've already put my order into sky so i'm unsure what to do, my broadband has always been great and never any issues of dropping or slow speeds. Wondering is it a case of "better the devil I know"??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Senna wrote: »
    Rang Eircom to tell them I'm moving to sky. They instantly brought my bill down from €55 to €35 per month (for 6 months unlimited BB, then €50 after) and will credit my account €60 to make up for the €10 difference after the 6 months are up.

I've already put my order into sky so i'm unsure what to do, my broadband has always been great and never any issues of dropping or slow speeds. Wondering is it a case of "better the devil I know"??
    You should stay going by the bother some are having. With the reduction, nothing to gain by moving.

Thats also the deal (are these prices new?) on their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Has anyone succussfully got call answering (voicemail) removed from their phone with Sky? I want it removed as we have voicemail already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Basq wrote: »
    Being sent out a new Sky Hub to deal with my speed woes..

.. and if that doesn't work, I'm gonna try my Netopia.

Otherwise, bye bye Sky!

I've already been there...it didnt work:( the new hub bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Just called Sky, said I wanted to cancel, they said no problem at all, and no penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

AidenL wrote: »
    Just called Sky, said I wanted to cancel, they said no problem at all, and no penalties.
    Why would there be penalties? Are you out of contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

muffler wrote: »
    Why would there be penalties? Are you out of contract?

I just signed up with Sky a month ago for Talk and Broadband, so would be in contract.

they said due to being unable to provide what they promised, no problem cancelling.

AidenL wrote: »
    I just signed up with Sky a month ago for Talk and Broadband, so would be in contract.

they said due to being unable to provide what they promised, no problem cancelling.
    Good man. You had me confused there :)

Has anyone succussfully got call answering (voicemail) removed from their phone with Sky? I want it removed as we have voicemail already.

Anyone sort out the above yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Anyone know what Sky is like for gaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

call answering does not work yet, they told me april 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

BArra wrote: »

You are a fool for believing that...

BArra wrote: »
    Its working for me along with caller ID for the past week.
    My issue is that I want call answering removed!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

Its working for me along with caller ID for the past week.
    My issue is that I want call answering removed!

I was the same - just rang them up and told them I wanted the call answering removed and the took it off straight away.

• Advertisement

rebellad wrote: »
    I was the same - just rang them up and told them I wanted the call answering removed and the took it off straight away.

Is it definitely gone from your phone as they told me they could remove it on their system but it was still on the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I got everything set up today and have to say I'm well pleased with the speeds, didn't realise how slow my 3 mobile wi fi was until now. Also the Sky on Demand TV is good, and I can rent a movie if I want for the kiddies, so all good.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Peeps I am getting quoted €40 per month for the Sky 24mb BB package.

Question, does that include VAT?

Its a deal breaker for me,

Cheers!

Peeps I am getting quoted €40 per month for the Sky 24mb BB package.

Question, does that include VAT?

Its a deal breaker for me,

Cheers!
    All prices from Sky include VAT

muffler wrote: »
    All prices from Sky include VAT

:pac:

Damn that is sweet! €10 quid a month less and better speeds than I'm getting with Eircom!

A saving of €120

Sure thats two front tires!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

Is it definitely gone from your phone as they told me they could remove it on their system but it was still on the phone?

Yip definitely gone

Rang Eircom and they upgraded my 8meg to 24meg and brought my bill down to 45 a month

Still 5 euro more expensive that SKY and it took a fair bit of haggling but its 60 quid a year in my pocket, well worth the 10 minute phone call

Rang Eircom and they upgraded my 8meg to 24meg and brought my bill down to 45 a month

Still 5 euro more expensive that SKY and it took a fair bit of haggling but its 60 quid a year in my pocket, well worth the 10 minute phone call
    Whats your download cap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

The speeds were great for the first 2/3 weeks but now they're absolute rubbish. Youtube videos barely load even at 240p. Connecting at 11/12mbit, throughput of 10mbit peak, but it's a very sketchy 1mbit now and all through the day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im well pissed off with sky.
    They refuse to offer me faster speeds despite our exchange being upgraded to 24 mb, eircom called round to offer me 24 mb.
    Apparently im stuck in the BT part of the exchange and sky say there is nothing they can do about it yet a friend joined up this week and is getting 14 mb and lives a lot further than the exchange than me.
    Sky told me that he must be in the eircom part of the exchange.
    FFS did you ever hear such s h i t e in all your life.

Advertisement