Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millford Hospice 10k Limerick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pinkhardhat

Race was super well organised out on the roads, volunteers, Garda etc were great, But ...and it sounds awful as I know its for a great cause but a piece of fruit or a chocolate bar was badly needed at the end of the race, Maybe something the organisers could take on board for 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭student2010

Great to see that 1200+ runners/walkers took part @9:30 on a chilly Sunday morning.

Any sign of photos? I noticed a few photographers along the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Sorry to be a party pooper but those times are arseways! I know from at least 3 others that the time on the race results dies not correlate with their own watch times. We were all chipped but I looks like we were given the clock time rather than the chip time. My time is out by 90 seconds. It took ages to start the cross line and the start was a bit manic. I wouldn't mind but I had a side bet with a mate and even I know I was faster by our watch times he shows to be faster officially. Not the end of the world but very annoying. What were the chips for?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Sorry. Just saw that if you select your own name you get a breakdown which shows your chip time. I take it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I crossed the finishing line at 48.20 and my chip time is 49 40 why? Also very annoyed with the admin for another private reason. A great day but annoyed by that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Sorry to be a party pooper but those times are arseways! I know from at least 3 others that the time on the race results dies not correlate with their own watch times. We were all chipped but I looks like we were given the clock time rather than the chip time. My time is out by 90 seconds. It took ages to start the cross line and the start was a bit manic. I wouldn't mind but I had a side bet with a mate and even I know I was faster by our watch times he shows to be faster officially. Not the end of the world but very annoying. What were the chips for?

Clock time is the official time ;-)

Race was super well organised out on the roads, volunteers, Garda etc were great, But ...and it sounds awful as I know its for a great cause but a piece of fruit or a chocolate bar was badly needed at the end of the race, Maybe something the organisers could take on board for 2014!

That's bad form. Was there any water at least given out?

My time is also out, I've seen 3 different times so far.

Anyone else notice that the course was slightly short of 10k?

My time is also out, I've seen 3 different times so far.

Anyone else notice that the course was slightly short of 10k?

Was it measured by a Jones Counter?

Garmin doesn't cut it

Maybe it was a poor pedometer? My Nike Pedometer on my IPOD is crap,it tends to be accurate enough I think at jogging pace,but if I up it at all,it doesn't keep up with the distance. Do I-Phones have good pedometers? How could my chip time be 1 minute 20 slower than the time I saw when I crossed the line? if anything it should have been less as I wasn't at the front and didn't cross the start line until 10-15 seconds after the offical start...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pinkhardhat

Freiheit wrote: »
    Maybe it was a poor pedometer? My Nike Pedometer on my IPOD is crap,it tends to be accurate enough I think at jogging pace,but if I up it at all,it doesn't keep up with the distance. Do I-Phones have good pedometers? How could my chip time be 1 minute 20 slower than the time I saw when I crossed the line? if anything it should have been less as I wasn't at the front and didn't cross the start line until 10-15 seconds after the offical start...:confused:

My time is weird also. The time on the website is different to the text and both are different to my watch!!

Water was luckily given out, I guess from doing so many races all over the place we kind of get used to there being some snacks available after the races, even the most rural village races have that down to a tee.

Great to see so much money raised for Milford though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I didn't run this myself but my mate did, and his time was out by 10 sec,
    ok not so much as some here, but he was very supprised as he is an experience runner and there was no reason as he was right on the start line
    at the start, and they would have no problem seeing him at the finish line :D

Often depends on who the timekeeper is.

The official times in the St. Stephen's Day 10 mile race in Caherdavin were well out compared to what athletes timed themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Ceepo

YFlyer wrote: »
    Often depends on who the timekeeper is.

The official times in the St. Stephen's Day 10 mile race in Caherdavin were well out compared to what athletes timed themselves.

Chip timing by Sports Timing,

Should be no excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Quart

Great event, although I also missed a cup of tea or a snack at the end as it has been already said... big thanks to all the volunteers who helped out

I only found a few pictures in this site (David Woodland Photography's facebook page)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.355107541264077.83784.282349481873217&type=3

Any other sites?

Lots of photos here;

http://www.press22.ie/web2/

Simply enter 'Milford hospice' and your bib # into the search engine.

Was there a problem with the race clock? a friend said their chip time was more than a minute laterthan they were in accordance with the clock at the finishing line too,the only way to reconcile this would be that maybe the start and finish clocks were not in synch?

Advertisement